• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Patriarch Less Than A Minute Kill.

Stan

Aug 29, 2009
Patriarch Less Than A Minute Kill.

Simple: At the end level everyone get a Katana surround him so he can't get away, and start slicing did it three times and it worked like a charm.

The only problem is it took the punch out of the final level.

everyone go sharpshooter and take crossbow. aim for the head.

probably even faster than rushing him with katanas - and it is a more safe way to kill him... :p

support specs using hunting shotguns alt fire work too.

LAW is not as efficient though.

THANK YOU! Someone finaly understands lol! Its funny how all these posts with people like PATRIARCH IMPOSSIBLE!

Lol like you said, crossbows, to the face, right in the eye, support specials with huntings. Thats it. Every single time i play the patriarch we end up wining, as long as no one has laws, and we work together, sharps crossbowing him, supports up close. There needs to be like a sticky anouncment telling people he is not impossible, that they should not reduce health or make him easier in future updates. he is fun as is :D

Upvote 0
Less than a Minute

Less than a Minute

The idea with Katanas (Chainsaws too) is you surround him so he can't escape. He can't fire rockets or his machine gun. The ideal situation is in a building or at least have him cornered against the wall. You don't even have to change your class. It was so fast it was almost too easy.

Upvote 0
Easiest way is for everyone to pick up a L.A.W., and empty out your nadees!!! (Joking)lol!!!

In fact the complete opposite

No Nades:
Reason 1: Blows up door if you weld him in
Reason 2: Gives Pat a "smoke screen" if you will, which makes it harder to spot him
Reason 3: Your perk specific weapon can dish out more damage quicker, and safer than a bucket full of nades

No Law, can't say that enough, NO LAW!!!!

Reason 1: Slow reload time if miss
Reason 2: Another weapon that gives PAT a "smoke screen" (NINJA VANISH!!!)
Reason 3: Perk Specific weapons deals more damage
Reason 4: Another weapon that can blow up the doors you welded to lock him in a room
Reason 5: Pat rushes you also, so you have a chance of blowing yourself up, Situation: He goes invis and runs by you with you thinking he is somewhere else, fire law, you blow yourself up.

The list for Reason not to use a L.A.W. on pat can go on and on......

Avoid using those two weapons and your chances of beating Pat goes up a lot.

Upvote 0
No Nades:
Reason 1: Blows up door if you weld him in
Reason 2: Gives Pat a "smoke screen" if you will, which makes it harder to spot him
Reason 3: Your perk specific weapon can dish out more damage quicker, and safer than a bucket full of nades
It depend on what tactic and weaponry you and your party use.

A bucket, or six buckets as it may, of nades deal pretty insane DPS.... and IS part of support spec perk specific weaponry. Six support specs all using alt fire hunting shotguns once force him to kneel, then tossing up to 60(!) frag nades with extra perk damage would pretty much kill him before he can run off to heal. Shrug.

(and not all pugs try to trap him...)

Agreed on the LAW though. That [ultimate] weapon pretty much need a boost IMO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How to kill the Patriarch in 10 seconds on Normal Youtube

How to kill the Patriarch in 10 seconds on Normal Youtube

Someone suggested that everyone get Katana and just nail Pat's *** at the final level. Everyone just did. At least there were open to the suggestion. Many the squad was just like floored on how little time it took and no one was killed.

In future games when I suggested that we Katanas there were no takers. I just found it hard to impossible to convince anyone to try this plan. Maybe if I used a mike instead of typing it I would have been more successful.

If anyone here is able to get a squad of friends together you should get fraps and post it on Youtube.

Ah never mind, someone did make a video and here it is:

:eek: How to kill the Patriarch in 10 seconds on Normal. :eek:

Upvote 0
It depend on what tactic and weaponry you and your party use.

A bucket, or six buckets as it may, of nades deal pretty insane DPS.... and IS part of support spec perk specific weaponry. Six support specs all using alt fire hunting shotguns once force him to kneel, then tossing up to 60(!) frag nades with extra perk damage would pretty much kill him before he can run off to heal. Shrug.

(and not all pugs try to trap him...)

Agreed on the LAW though. That [ultimate] weapon pretty much need a boost IMO.

Thanks for adding the exception to nades, I really had to use the facilities and didn't couldn't wait to add that last bit.

But yea, I do agree with this

Upvote 0
yeah that had to be on hard.....the guy took a direct hit from the patty at point blank and only lost 30% health and 50% armour :rolleyes:

you do that on hard and you're dead instantly. question is, can you get him before he does that to everyone.

As people said above, yes, yes you can.

You need Berserkers for the damage reductions. Even Level 0 Berserker is going to keep you more alive than some other perk. (Maybe Medic, but you won't also get the damage boost).

Wait for him to fire off the minigun or rocket, and then catch him on the cooldown. Surround him. When you get knocked back, heal up a bit (or hell, just rush back in).

When you're not in melee range, he will melee someone else. With full armor you can survive at least 1 melee hit from Patches on Hard. As he knocks you back, he'll turn to knock someone else back and this is where you should be running back in.

The most we've ever lost is 1 guy who was unlucky enough to be hit twice (me).

Even on normal, though, this technique will completely and utterly fail if you don't have good teamwork and coordination. Voice comms are important too, as is an area with a lot of cover.

Upvote 0
As people said above, yes, yes you can.

You need Berserkers for the damage reductions. Even Level 0 Berserker is going to keep you more alive than some other perk. (Maybe Medic, but you won't also get the damage boost).

Wait for him to fire off the minigun or rocket, and then catch him on the cooldown. Surround him. When you get knocked back, heal up a bit (or hell, just rush back in).

When you're not in melee range, he will melee someone else. With full armor you can survive at least 1 melee hit from Patches on Hard. As he knocks you back, he'll turn to knock someone else back and this is where you should be running back in.

The most we've ever lost is 1 guy who was unlucky enough to be hit twice (me).

Even on normal, though, this technique will completely and utterly fail if you don't have good teamwork and coordination. Voice comms are important too, as is an area with a lot of cover.

Exactly.

Upvote 0