• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Visual Character Models

Brendan

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Vermont
www.3pgd.org
Could Tripwire please provide some detailed images of the character models? More specifically the uniforms and equipment. Being a WWII reenactor, I'd be very interested in seeing the models and giving my best opinion on authenticity. For one thing, I think the German breadbag should be shrunken down just a little bit. It somewhat engulfs the canteen. I also think that the German 'Assault Packs" should be strictly limited if not seen at all. They were particularly rare.

Call me **** or a stitch-Nazi, but I think if this is to be one of the most realistic WWII first person shooters, that the character models should be 100% spot on. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
-Brendan

If anyone plays Unreal Tournament III here he'll easy understand what I want to add on this idea.

How about featuring a menu where you can set up your own player model with prefabs. So you can choose between a helmet or a cap or even your bare head. Then one should be able to decide whether you want to have a foliage net on your helmet, then if there's really foliage in it or just the helmet net.

I guess HoS will have standard uniforms like yet seen in the footage videos and then a greatcoat version for the winter maps. There one could also go for if ppl want to have white clothing over the coat or not.

Another feature would be that you can select your face out of like 6 different ones. And you can select what kind of voice actor you want to have.

That'll be really awesome.

Upvote 0
awesome idea, a little personalisation would be friggin GREAT, reduce the clone effect.... from pics etc a lot of soldiers would have and did do some customization of their kits and uniforms during battle for a multitude of reasons, comfort, safety, pure personalization. I don't think during the heights of the Stalingrad battles there would have been strict implementation of uniform standards.

Upvote 0
Back in the mod days you could pick your character. And since everybody likes to personalize their ingame character, this seems like a natural thing to expect.
And any TWI game is a game you don't play 3 or 4 months until you quit. These games are played until your fingers are worn!

I want my goatee to match my sideburns!
And I wouldn't give a horses arse if the game would be postponed for 3 months just for this, just work on it TWI! :D

Upvote 0
I'd rather not see player customization. Far more important things to do.

Plus, it might give players unrealistic options.

Actually any WW II shooter looks like "Attack of the Clones". Look at Call of Duty 2 f.ex. there's like 7 different heads for Germans available in SP and the MP only uses 2!!!

I don't want my comrades to look the same. Wouldn't it be great that you can decide which headgear you're wearing either M42 helmet or M43 field cap?
What kind of trousers you're wearing?
If your sleeves are rolled up or not?

I believe this would be great!

Now you mentioned unrealistic options. What would that be? Just that some gears is not matching with the year 1942? Or gameplay wise?

Upvote 0