• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas Gun Improvements Please Take this into Consideration and don't Ignore it

YeLLOw

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Hello TripWire Interactive and Forum Members, I Love Killing Floor Great game but the guns aren't very good. Well I understand it's a zombie apocolypse and guns are scarce so please read the list below. These are my estimates. :D

PISTOLS: 357 Magnum= 500 Dual=900: Uzi= 600 Dual=1k :rolleyes:

SMG'S: Mp5 700 Tmp=700 :eek:

RIFLE'S: SG 552= 2.3k Famas= 1.3k Scout=1.9k :)

RPG: Iraqi Rpg= 2.5k :cool:

MELEE: Shovel 100 Sludge Hammer= 500 Pick Axe= 350 Katana= 2k
Machete=200 (Add higher damage) Axe= 600 (Add higher Damage) :confused:

PISTOLS: 357 Magnum= 500 Dual=900: Uzi= 600 Dual=1k :rolleyes:

SMG'S: Mp5 700 Tmp=700 :eek:

RIFLE'S: SG 552= 2.3k Famas= 1.3k Scout=1.9k :)

RPG: Iraqi Rpg= 2.5k :cool:

MELEE: Shovel 100 Sludge Hammer= 500 Pick Axe= 350 Katana= 2k
Machete=200 (Add higher damage) Axe= 600 (Add higher Damage) :confused:

What are those gun?And with that ridiculous cost, honestly, no one gonna buy them.

Upvote 0
Urgh. This is exactly the problem with Left 4 Dead. All the ignorant posters on the forum insisting that what the game really needs is 3 different types of Autoshotgun, 4 types of Assault Rifle and 3 types of Sniper Rifle. NO IT DOES NOT! The emphasis is on the skill and teamwork, not the weapons.

And sadly from what i've heard of Left 4 Dead 2, Valve are listening to these idiots and flooding the game with so much stuff it'll never balance. Maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised... until then i'm going to oppose it.

If you're going to suggest a weapon, do what Nanostrike said. Consider its role in the game, consider its price, consider why you actually want it in the first place. If all you care about is the weapons appearance its possible to get custom weapon skins/sounds isn't it?

Upvote 0
Hello TripWire Interactive and Forum Members, I Love Killing Floor Great game but the guns aren't very good. Well I understand it's a zombie apocolypse and guns are scarce so please read the list below. These are my estimates. :D

"guns are not very good" in what way? Cuz they are too weak? Dude, it's survival game, what kind of survival game is that when you can blow everything coming towards you away with a few ammos? Well, you already can if you can aim to the head.

Or is it 'cause you don't like the looks? Whatever it is, it's ur problem. I guess. There is no need to add, as said, random sh1t in the game resulting in imbalance that never will clear.

TWI already added AK47 and katana. And I've heard rumours about M79.. Idk what it means but anyway.

Magnum? RPG? Famas? Umm we already have same kind of weapons, Handcannon, LAW, bullpup.

Upvote 0
Magnum? RPG? Famas? Umm we already have same kind of weapons, Handcannon, LAW, bullpup.

i wouldn't mind a magnum. more powerful than the handcannon, 5 or 6 shots, more expensive, sexy classic survival gun, you know?

i think it would be good, ****, then I'd just use the double barrel and a revolver, awesome!

but in my opinion the AK is bad in this game, is it just me or does it feel less precise? maybe its just the super recoil and small clip that does not do it for me. I'd rather have the bullpup, more versatile, larger clip, kills almost instantly with a headshot. you can rip though a mob on hard difficulity no problem. if your a commando, its even better!

Upvote 0
Really, I think the current weapons are fine as they are, really all that is needed is a perk for the LAW to make it an attractive weapon choice, like back in the mod, and maybe another weapon for the firebug.

One weapon I would like to see added in the game though, would be an explosive of some sort, unlike the grenades and LAW. A remote C4 or Landmine perhaps, just something you could put down and forget about, or something that can be used tactically for the big guys. But they should be costly.

Upvote 0
not too hard to balance another mid range pistol

not too hard to balance another mid range pistol

if we could sell/drop the single 9mm and if pistols were 3 blocks and standard carry capacity was 18, i think its 15 right now right?, then pistol packin would be a bit more realistic i think, you could carry dual 9s and dual .50s and have room for one more pistol with one of a few of the main weapons. Also on pistols I am surprised that an old fashioned .45 automatic with 7 shot clip didnt make it into first release or patch, surely a very similar cost to current 9mm, plus a bit more damage than the 9mm of course less damage than the .50 cal. You know i'd love to see a whole range of pistols some H&K stuff like 12 round .45 clips high powered stuff, revolvers the works, but yall can only do so much.

for the sake of BALANCING the weapons, another idea on a pistol would be an extremely cheap revolver like old single action .45 slower to reload and as a single pistol alot slower to shoot, but offset by the cheap cost, like say 50 pounds. also in balancing power should still be a bit higher than the 9mm i think (.45 has more stopping power) and you could do some awesome animations like the reloading one bullet in the chamber at a time, plus when not "aiming" down the gun sight you could do like a clint eastwood shooting type of thing where he uses both hands right to hold trigger and left hand to slap back the hammer quickly, and when 'aiming' use both hands but the thumb on right hand to cock hammer. and with twin revolvers, while aiming it would be neat if he cocked the hammer on the pistol and aimed down one barrel sight at a time, this would also bring better aiming with the dual revolver looking down the sight one pistol at a time, while the other hand's thumb is re-cocking its pistol, I think that would look really cool, surely yall heard complaints like the single 9mm is easier to aim than the duals. I think that would add a bit more dymension to the interest in the game too. (like action half-life if anyone remembers that) ok thats it for me, good luck

Upvote 0
Trollface.jpg

5/10, excellent use of Counter-Strike weapons, comically bad spelling and grammar, and smilies on every second line. However, this troll fails in being far too obvious to even a casual observer.

Upvote 0
but in my opinion the AK is bad in this game, is it just me or does it feel less precise? maybe its just the super recoil and small clip that does not do it for me. I'd rather have the bullpup, more versatile, larger clip, kills almost instantly with a headshot. you can rip though a mob on hard difficulity no problem. if your a commando, its even better!

The AK's for ripping apart Scrakes, FPs and the Patriarch. It's less of a crowd control weapon than the Bullpup. It's more powerful but has a heavier recoil and thus isn't too accurate unless you use single shot or three-round bursts.

The AK is beastly. You just have to know when it's time to employ it.

Upvote 0
The game will become stale after a while. Adding new content will always keep people happy and even bring more in. Team Fortress has done it and look at the mass popularity(halo or non halo owners). Just keep adding ideas and eventually someone from the team might ponder on it, but just dont stop and say no more its fine. Otherwise you might as well get a back up game ready.

Upvote 0
I personally dont think the AK should of been added..... why cause British military and police would never be seening using those weapons in a crisis like that. They'd have to purchase them on the black market really. The idea of Police purchasing Aks on the black market is loool!. Rather than the AK, they should of been more creative in my opinion. Use another rifle that would most likely be acceptable in Britian and still hold some power. Thats pretty much my argument with the AK.

I would thinking bringing in a light machinegun (like the M249 SAW) would be more realistic for a more powful commando gun used in Britian. Similar to the Flamethrower set up I would think, large clip, but can only carry few of them.

But this is just an idea but with the AK already in the game, it wouldnt happen now I guess.

Upvote 0
The AK's for ripping apart Scrakes, FPs and the Patriarch. It's less of a crowd control weapon than the Bullpup. It's more powerful but has a heavier recoil and thus isn't too accurate unless you use single shot or three-round bursts.

The AK is beastly. You just have to know when it's time to employ it.

Try to take apart a Scrake with an AK and it'll laugh at you right before it chainsaws you a new hole. And as FP and Patty goes, Sharpshooters and Supports. The AK is a heavy crowd control weapon. When you've got the freedom to take your shots, the Bullpup is there for popping off heads with single shot fire. When you need to plough the road, the AK is there.

Upvote 0