• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warhammer 40k Skins & Models

Templarion

Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2009
More I think of it, more I get excited about it.

The basic game mechanics would be exactly the same. The idea is to change skins and models to change the game overall athmosphere.

Every player model would be a space marine. When they walk, they keep lots of noise and hands which use the weapons are covered with massive metal plating.

Specimens can be what they are now but they could also be reskinned as necrons... or maybe ORKS! :D

Weapons
1) Pistol = Bolt Pistol
2) Bullup = Bolter
3) AK47 = Heavy Bolter
4) Shotgun = Plasma Gun
5) Hunting Shotgun = Meltagun
6) Flamethrower = Flamer
7) LAR = Lasgun
8) Crossbow = Long Las
9) Machete = Power blade
10) Fire axe = Hammer
11) Chainsaw = Chainsword
12) Katana = Power sword
13) LAW = Man Portable Las Cannon

I know, that nobody will do this but this thing was just going to explode my head if I did not say anything. Thanks for reading it. Now it bothers you - not me. :p

YouTube - Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Trailer [HD]

So basically turn it into a completely different game? Excuse me if I don't really see the point when you take a zombie game, remove the zeds and put orks or necrons there instead.

If you really wanted to 40K it up, players would be Imperial Guardsmen fighting Nurgle Plague Zombies or some **** like that. Bullpup could be a Las Rifle, etc.

Isn't that what they originally did with killing floor?

I could see it being done. Using the invasion mode and engine, you could do something similaur to make a mod for warhammer 40k....In fact..someone out there is making SOMETHING for 40k....some kind of shooter.

http://www.40ksource.com/media.php

Upvote 0
So basically turn it into a completely different game? Excuse me if I don't really see the point when you take a zombie game, remove the zeds and put orks or necrons there instead.

If you really wanted to 40K it up, players would be Imperial Guardsmen fighting Nurgle Plague Zombies or some **** like that. Bullpup could be a Las Rifle, etc.

Not completely different game. Just reskin and model. As I said, the basic game mechanics would be still the same.

Upvote 0
This got me thinking as i have been playing with skin mods, so me being me I had to have a shot, not full warhammer skins but along them lines..

Shot00029.jpg

Shot00029a.jpg

Cheers Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isn't that what they originally did with killing floor?

I could see it being done. Using the invasion mode and engine, you could do something similaur to make a mod for warhammer 40k....In fact..someone out there is making SOMETHING for 40k....some kind of shooter.

[url]http://www.40ksource.com/media.php[/URL]

There's a difference between taking a normal shooter game (UT) and turning it into a zombie game and taking a zombie game and turning it into a normal shooter. It'd be like taking L4D and putting Orks in it. It's silly.

Not completely different game. Just reskin and model. As I said, the basic game mechanics would be still the same.

Oh.

Tyranids would work better than. They've got the whole "mindless horde" thing going after all. And they don't have guns like Orks and Necrons do.

Upvote 0
I think it would be a lot better for the game's atmosphere, not to mention easier on the animators, to make the players Guardsmen rather than Space Marines.

9mm = Las Pistol
Handcannon = Bolt Pistol
Shotgun = Riot Gun
Hunting Shotgun = ??? (no, this will not work as an energy weapon)
Lever-action Rifle = ??? (Lasguns feed from powercells that function as magazines, not from individually loaded batteries)
Bullpup = Autogun
AK47 = Lasgun
Flamethrower = Flamer
Crossbow = Long Las
Machete = Sword (non-powered)
Axe = Power Axe
Katana = Power Sword
Chainsaw = Chainsword

Also, I don't see KF's zombies working as anything other than Nurgle minions:

Clot = Plague Zombie
Crawler = Nurgling
Gorefast = Daemonhost
Stalker = Cultist
Scrake = Plaguebearer
Fleshpound = Beast of Nurgle
Patriarch = Plague Marine

Upvote 0
I think it would be a lot better for the game's atmosphere, not to mention easier on the animators, to make the players Guardsmen rather than Space Marines.

9mm = Las Pistol
Handcannon = Bolt Pistol
Shotgun = Riot Gun
Lever-action Rifle = ??? (Lasguns feed from powercells that function as magazines, not from individually loaded batteries)
Bullpup = Autogun
AK47 = Lasgun
Flamethrower = Flamer
Crossbow = Long Las
Axe = Power Axe
Katana = Power Sword
Chainsaw = Chainsword

But the whole idea is to play Space Marines. They are just so uber-cool with their massive armors etc. Playing as guardsmen would be about the same like it is now.

And you removed all bolters from the list?! Once again, bolter is one of the most uber-cool-looking-weapon of all time. In addition, it sounds awesome.

Tyranids would work better than. They've got the whole "mindless horde" thing going after all. And they don't have guns like Orks and Necrons do.

True. Let it be tyranids then!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

9mm = Las Pistol
Handcannon = Bolt Pistol
Shotgun = Riot Gun
Bullpup = Autogun
AK47 = Lasgun
Flamethrower = Flamer
Crossbow = Long Las
Axe = Power Axe
Katana = Power Sword
Chainsaw = Chainsword

I'd quite like to see a 40k mod based around the Guard, to my knowledge the only one that includes them is one for BF2 (or possibly 2142, i forget), where they're thrown into the fray with Space Marines and Tau.

Also you could swap the Hunting Shotgun with a Plasma Gun and the Lever Action could be replaced with a Hellgun/Hot-shot lasgun or whatever they're calling them now, or better yet the Boltgun (Templarion's right, they are pretty damn awesome). Admittedly these would require a little more work than the others, unlike the rest they'd definitely need new anims and some new coding, but the Imperial arsenal would feel a little incomplete without some of the chunkier items available to a squad.

But the whole idea is to play Space Marines. They are just so uber-cool with their massive armors etc. Playing as guardsmen would be about the same like it is now.

And you removed all bolters from the list?! Once again, bolter is one of the most uber-cool-looking-weapon of all time. In addition, it sounds awesome.

Space Marines do tend to be the first race to end up in any 40k mod tbh, on the one hand its probably proof that they are Uber-cool, but on the other they have been kind of done already, though i kinda prefer IG so i'm probably biased, hulking great 7-foot armoured badasses would still lead to good times i'm sure.

They do have one major advantage tho, their Skeletal Rig could be used to for Chaos SM's, so time could be saved on animating enemies if the whole Imperium vs Chaos route was taken, something that wouldnt be quite so true for the Tyrannids, who could perhaps be a pain to animate (definitely worth it tho if they turn out right). Also, I'm not too savvy on Tyranids but dont some of them have bio-projectile splurge-gun type things? Deathspitters and Fleshborers and the like? Not really a major issue tbh, would still be easier than giving Orks shootaz i guess.

Also if anyone decides to go through with this it might be worth calling it a Total Conversion instead of just a content replacement pack, i doubt a few models would get foxed but it might be better to be on the safe side, there's guidelines on how to dodge GW's lawyers about 2 thirds of the way down here:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/legal/canandcant/1/[url]http://uk.games-workshop.com/legal/canandcant/1/[/URL]

Finally, i feel compelled to point out 40k mod + Vehicle mod = Leman Russes :D

Upvote 0
So would playing as Marines, unless you mod in their power armor, thus adding complication, making it so you can only play on other 40K Mod servers. And frankly, Space Marine power armor and weapons would make the game rather easy. On top of all that, why would a Space Marine have a lasgun?

Guard doesn't use bolters. And you're overusing the phrase "uber-cool".

Not true, Tyranids are guided by the Hive Mind. And they do have plenty of ranged weapons.

Upvote 0
I think it would be easier to do space marines or imp guard, vs chaos.

I mean, all you have to do is mess around with the specimens a wee bit (Give the gorefeast a tattered, gore stained robe, give him his arm back ( or don't) jack around with his skin and you got yourself a zealot of khorn (sp). Fleshpounds could easily be made into something like a blood thirster, while bloats could get a massive buff in terms of their abilities and strength, to become plauge bearers. Clots being zombies, Sirens and stalkers being deamonetts of slannesh, and perhaps crawlers and scrakes being modded to become some a horror of tezinch (sp) and a champion of tezinch.

And if you are playing as imperial guard, the patriarch could simply be a chaos marine. (6 imp guard to 16 against a chaos marine still sounds in favor of mr chaos lover).

If you are playing as space marines, make it either one of the primarchs who turned back on the emporer (fulgrim, Whoever the world eaters primarch is...Horus [natrually]) or perhaps a greater daemon.....

I do like the idea of horus though. Not to mention the attacks are almost baked in already.

Claw swipe= Terminator claw swipe
minigun = twin linked terminator bolter
Rocket = ? (rocket?)
Chest tentacal = (with some modding) his power mace

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fleshpounds could easily be made into something like a blood thirster
Yeah, if you want to make them several times as big.

while bloats could get a massive buff in terms of their abilities and strength, to become plauge bearers. Clots being zombies, Sirens and stalkers being deamonetts of slannesh, and perhaps crawlers and scrakes being modded to become some a horror of tezinch (sp) and a champion of tezinch.
I don't know about going Chaos Undecided for this, seems like we need to stick with a single theme (i.e. Nurgle). Without some unity of form or aesthetic it looks like a random collection of daemons thrown together.

If you are playing as space marines, make it either one of the primarchs who turned back on the emporer (fulgrim, Whoever the world eaters primarch is...Horus [natrually]) or perhaps a greater daemon.....
Six Space Marines of any kind are not going to be able to kill a traitor Primarch. It took one hundred Grey Knight terminators to banish Angron back to the Warp. A Greater Daemon is something along the lines of a Bloodthirster, which is absolutely massive. The boss should be a Chaos Lord, killing anything more powerful is going to be farfetched.

I still think the Guardsmen vs. Nurgle idea would fit the current KF the best, without having to mod the game (reskinning and modding are two very different things). Anyways, here's a revised list of weapons and enemies.

9mm = Las Pistol
Handcannon = Bolt Pistol
Shotgun = Arbites Riot Gun
Hunting Shotgun = Unnamed ancient-pattern shotgun
Lever-Action Rifle = Unnamed ancient-pattern rifle
Bullpup = Lasgun
AK = Autogun
Flamethrower = Flamer
LAW = Missile Launcher
Machete = Entrenching tool
Axe = Arbites Shock Maul
Katana = Power Sword
Chainsaw = Chainsword

Clot = Plague Zombie
Gorefast = Possessed
Crawler = Nurgling
Stalker = Cultist
Siren = Daemonhost
Scrake = Plaguebearer
Fleshpound = Beast of Nurgle
Patriarch = Plague Marine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please don't link videos to that POS game.

Its going to be a console only piece of trash God Of War clone. Yet another 3rd person shooter for the console market that is already crowded with 3rd person shooters.

Its going to do horrible and they are going to sit there wondering why it failed when its blatantly obvious that a 3rd person shooter model is extremely silly for WH40K.

Almost nothing about WH40K is about a single person or squad except Space Hulk and they didn't even have the decency to remake that for us.

Now if we made a Space Hulk mod for KF that would be perfect.

Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Thunder Hammer, Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter, Whirlwind Missle Launcher, Lightning Claws, OH MY

Anyone who has played Space Hulk: Vengence Of The Blood Angels will know what im talking about :D

YouTube - Space Hulk - Grand Hall

*EDIT* I have no idea why the video may be showing up twice in the post, but I apologize D:[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A mod for Killing Floor for War40k would be better than the Space Marine game, IMO, because it'd be squad-based.

As was just said, the Space Marine game is a pretty blatant God of War clone and seems to be focusing way too much on you being on your own; not really what the Space Marines are about. They're about a super-efficient, tightly knit BROTHERHOOD of warriors working together. Not about one guy rambo-ing wiht a Daemonhammer like that preview showed...

It's going to be the same as the Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior game that everyone wants to forget. And the fact that it's console-only means that I'm most likely never going to play it anyway. Remake Space Hulk! That game was suspenseful, yet had plenty of action...

Upvote 0