• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

im buying the xbox 360 version of ro:hos

we have some real grown ups here. its a wive's tale that console gamers are a bunch of kids and pc gamers are adults and this topic proves it.

don't be upset, all pc developers are supporting consoles nowdays. times change, and imo its for the better.

but why? lets take a closer look at pc gaming and all the people involved.

pc gaming is made up of evil.

over priced hardware scam. they get these kids hooked. and wtf do they get for all those unnecessary upgrades besides more hassle? 2 to 5 frames per second. slightly better resolution. i remember new pc games coming out that required me to upgrade or turn settings down, these games where not anything special over the old games i ran just fine. shame on pc hardware manufacturers and the developers in on it.

piracy. shame on the pc gamers. and you wonder why developers focus on consoles? you mad now? lol.

cheating. the wall hack was the final straw for me. this is worse than piracy imo. this is the reason many pc gamers try and sell you into pc gaming. they want new victims cause most pc gamers left for a safer, more fair place to play games online, xbox live. i have seen many cheaters in pc gaming but the worse are the ones you don't see, the wall hackers. a sneaky bunch they are. they will tell you to play on private servers, on their servers where cheaters are ip or cd key banned. thing is though its the host and his friends who cheat. they will deny this all day long.......cause they want you as target practice. they don't care about fair, cheating is their game, pc is their platform. anti cheat programs like punk buster and even valve's thingy are always 2 steps behind pc hackers and always will be. the only anti cheat that works is live and some mmorpgs if they stay on top of things.

mods. can be used for cheating but every once in a while someone makes a good total conversion but they get bought up real quick which leaves pc gamers in a sea of crappy noob mods looking for something good. map mods destroyed two of my most favorite pc games, call of duty united offensive and red orchestra. the cod maps where so heavily modded it wasn't cod anymore. the red orchestra maps where some of the best i ever seen. most of them disappeared quickly, replaced by user made maps that only the user who made them could think they where cool. damn. this is why im so excited for red orchestra heros of stalingrad on 360.

carpal tunnel, back pain, neck pain. yea i love the k/m and its way more accurate but their is nothing like popping in a 360 disk, jumping in the recliner with my comfortable little 360 gamepad. hassle free, comfortable, relaxing. yep.

biggest evil of all. micro decided it wants it all. pc gaming, console gaming, all of it. i just wish they didn't try to combine the two so much and make pc style games on 360 without too much water.

Upvote 0
i can allready see you jumping up and down in anger after you have been killed across half the map from a "cheater"
too bad 90% of the "cheaters" are just skilled

i cant even count how often i have been acused of cheating or have been banned from a server
but thank god, it seems that most of those whiners went to console, where everyone is hampered by that gay gamepad

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the profitability of the console market has been the primary reason for the degradation of pc game quality. ghost recon and rainbow six are just two of the franchises that went the console route and gave us such nuggets of pure fecal matter such as rainbow six vegas and ghost recon advanced warfighter 2.

Upvote 0
that sounds like something a hacker would say. but yea thats my point, 90% went to consoles and the rest stayed to hack each other.

"gay controller"

how old are you?
you didnt entirely get my point eh?

the profitability of the console market has been the primary reason for the degradation of pc game quality. ghost recon and rainbow six are just two of the franchises that went the console route and gave us such nuggets of pure fecal matter such as rainbow six vegas and ghost recon advanced warfighter 2.

QFT

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. When did they announce this would be for 360 and PS3?
2. Can it have as many players or will it be like BF2 and have only have half the capacity for players?
3. Will it be released the same time?
4. 360 (and i belive the PS3 as well) has USB ports, any chance of a mouse and keyboard release for the game?

That last question and BSwearer's comment ties in nicely, there was a game for the original xbox, i forget the name, but it had its own controller, it was 3 times the size of a regular PC keyboard and had 300 buttons. I believe it was released 2001 or 2002. I'm not sure if it was successful either but i remember it getting A LOT of attention on the now defunct EGM magazine years ago.

The Xbox 360 does not have mouse and keyboard support, the PS3 does.

A console port would be a waste of resources and the product would not make anyone's day any better. It would have to be adapted to the new control mechanics (standard controllers as opposed to M&KB), the closed networks are a headache, particularly on Xbox 360, with its fees, barring users to host their own dedicated servers, and basically forcing everyone to use the same proprietary network.

Not to mention we're talking consoles that render at 720p at best, one of which has trouble running UE3 efficiently (PS3).

I don't see the point.

If console gamers want to play RO they should spend the $200 necessary to upgrade their PC and come on in.

Upvote 0

I should figure the PC market to be just fine considering they don't have to pay licensing fees to the console manufacturers and they can use digital distribution channels, not to mention bypassing the used games market.

Upvote 0
we have some real grown ups here. its a wive's tale that console gamers are a bunch of kids and pc gamers are adults and this topic proves it.

don't be upset, all pc developers are supporting consoles nowdays. times change, and imo its for the better.

but why? lets take a closer look at pc gaming and all the people involved.

pc gaming is made up of evil.

over priced hardware scam. they get these kids hooked. and wtf do they get for all those unnecessary upgrades besides more hassle? 2 to 5 frames per second. slightly better resolution. i remember new pc games coming out that required me to upgrade or turn settings down, these games where not anything special over the old games i ran just fine. shame on pc hardware manufacturers and the developers in on it.

piracy. shame on the pc gamers. and you wonder why developers focus on consoles? you mad now? lol.

cheating. the wall hack was the final straw for me. this is worse than piracy imo. this is the reason many pc gamers try and sell you into pc gaming. they want new victims cause most pc gamers left for a safer, more fair place to play games online, xbox live. i have seen many cheaters in pc gaming but the worse are the ones you don't see, the wall hackers. a sneaky bunch they are. they will tell you to play on private servers, on their servers where cheaters are ip or cd key banned. thing is though its the host and his friends who cheat. they will deny this all day long.......cause they want you as target practice. they don't care about fair, cheating is their game, pc is their platform. anti cheat programs like punk buster and even valve's thingy are always 2 steps behind pc hackers and always will be. the only anti cheat that works is live and some mmorpgs if they stay on top of things.

mods. can be used for cheating but every once in a while someone makes a good total conversion but they get bought up real quick which leaves pc gamers in a sea of crappy noob mods looking for something good. map mods destroyed two of my most favorite pc games, call of duty united offensive and red orchestra. the cod maps where so heavily modded it wasn't cod anymore. the red orchestra maps where some of the best i ever seen. most of them disappeared quickly, replaced by user made maps that only the user who made them could think they where cool. damn. this is why im so excited for red orchestra heros of stalingrad on 360.

carpal tunnel, back pain, neck pain. yea i love the k/m and its way more accurate but their is nothing like popping in a 360 disk, jumping in the recliner with my comfortable little 360 gamepad. hassle free, comfortable, relaxing. yep.

biggest evil of all. micro decided it wants it all. pc gaming, console gaming, all of it. i just wish they didn't try to combine the two so much and make pc style games on 360 without too much water.

Why are you here?

Red Orchestra was a total conversion mod for UT2k4. So was Killing Floor. That's the whole reason TWI is in business. They won a competition from Epic Games in a modding contest and won the rights to use UE2k4 and presumably UE3.0 for their future commercial development.

Aside from that, nothing that you wrote makes any sense and isn't even worth responding to.

Go play $50 to Microsoft every year so you can play games online on their proprietary P2P network and tell me how that goes.

I'll go play on a custom RO map server or go play DH on a dedicated server and lulz at how much crappier of an experience you get on XBL.

Upvote 0
s.

success would boil down to two things:
1.) the console can support keyboard/mouse using the UT3 engine.
2.) console players accepting that in order to play RO:HoS and its realistic style of gamplay, they will have to use a mouse and keyboard not controllers.

1) only PS3 supports KB&M. On UT3 you have the option of allowing players to use KB&M or to bar it in the games you host. You also have the option of filtering out KB&M servers.
2) With this qualification, you've done one of two things. You've either segmented your console gaming community resulting in the cluster**** you see on UT3 on PS3, resulting in gaming imbalances or controller auto-aim to try and balance the score (see the reviews for Halo 2 Vista to see how that worked out). That, or you've effectively told console gamers to screw off. Almost no console gamer games on a KB&M. Almost no console games support KB&M. Only one console even supports KB&M. Every console game ever invented supports the proprietary controller. You're fighting the market and if you go the route of requiring KB&M to play this game, you've effectively nullified any reason to release it on consoles. If you require KB&M, you're marketing this game to maybe 10 people on PS3.

Actually, the release of this game would depend on making a cross-platform game or two separate ports (PS3/360), which would have separate player counts on every map (they cap out at 16 unless the publisher provides dedicated servers, incurring additional costs), adding auto-aim and reworking the game mechanics completely to suit them to a console environment. You could do it, but neither the finished product nor the potential increase in sales or brand visibility would be worth it. I only see a mediocre port to one of the best FPS I've ever played resulting of a console version of HoS.

Upvote 0