• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics KF Biotics Lab Help

Hi guys, My friend and I are stuck on KF Biotics Lab Hard.

We have managed to crack West London and Manor on hard (without exploiting.) Manor took us a while to crack but we got there in the end.

Anyway we keep getting turned into mush on Round 10 of Biotics Lab, We are welding the following doors:-
The door at the top of "Red Stairs"
The door that goes into the little side room (the room next to one of the Zed spawn points),
The door at the top of "Yellow Strairs"
and The door that goes into the cloning room (you have to turn hard left to get to the trader spot)

We keep the door that looks down the corridor of red strairs open and we camp up in that room.

My Friend has Lvl5 Sharpie, Lvl5 Support, Lvl4 Medic and Lvl4 Zerker.
I have Lvl5 Sharpie, Lvl5 Support, Lvl4 Medic and Lvl5 Firebug.

Which perk combo should we use? We have tried a Zerker/Support combo but sometimes the FP's walk backwards towards me, which makes the decap quite tricky.

We have tried moving around the labs too but the Zeds seem to magicly appear right behind us as soon as we get any distance on them. We have tried welding the doors and setting up shop at different points of the labs but the Zeds seem to spawn in between the points that we have welded. We have tried everything and it has not seemed to work.

We are trying to learn how to play the game at harder difficulties and then once we have that nailed we want to venture out into the pub servers. I'm not whining about not being able to do Biotics lab and I'm not interested in people saying "ZOMG!!!, you guyz must suckz0rz, I am 1337!!!1111!!!" and all that crap. I'm just asking if any of you could offer some serious advice.

Thanks for your time

F0dd3r

Not piracy, I bought the retail as soon as it came out (I regret not pre ordering) and FPs still do that to me once in a while. Last time I saw it was on Wave 7/7 on Westlondon, two FPs spawned and as soon as I saw them the one closest to me faced the other.

As for the tactics, you should have a support checking on the other door once in a while, but other than that have in be turning anything that enters the doorway into confetti with the shotgun. I'm sure you already know how to stun a scrake. FPs, have the supports toss a ****load of nades and everyone have at it. ONE AT A TIME. Zerkers should try to act as a human shield, but try not to be targeted. Sharpie in back with crossbow and either take out large groups (bolt penetration) or go for the headshots on the FPs and Scrakes. Medic's should be a heal slave to the zerker, but also help everyone else. Zerker should stay right outside/in/or behind the doorway. Firebug just stand to the side and a little back and ignite everything. Spray on FPs and scrakes though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would use the U-shaped room with two doors (and a trader).

Weld the door close to the trader and stay in the other room half way in. Zeds will not attack the welded door as long as you dont walk into that "room".

As i understand it you are two people playing hard with two members in the game. Scrake (and fleshpounder) will have relative low amount of HP which make it possible to shoot em dead rather easy.

On this map i think best way to go is dual support specs that take turn shooting and reloading.
Toss nades at fleshpounders and use hunting shotgun when he get close.
Shoot scrakes and use hunting shotgun when he enrage.
Back down a bit deeper into the room or even into the other room if you need to buy time.
gg.

...but any combination would work really.

For example
- Chainsaw berserker and xbow/handcannon sharpshooter.
Sharpshooter clear out all crawlers (1-shot using handcannon), sirens (1-shot using xbow) and bloat (decpiate using 9mm) and fleshpounders (2-shots using xbow; 1 shot to enrage and 1 shot to kill it right when enrage animation start, while he have not rushed you yet). Berserker kill everything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would use the U-shaped room with two doors (and a trader).

Weld the door close to the trader and stay in the other room half way in. Zeds will not attack the welded door as long as you dont walk into that "room".

As i understand it you are two people playing hard with two members in the game. Scrake (and fleshpounder) will have relative low amount of HP which make it possible to shoot em dead rather easy.

On this map i think best way to go is dual support specs that take turn shooting and reloading.
Toss nades at fleshpounders and use hunting shotgun when he get close.
Shoot scrakes and use hunting shotgun when he enrage.
Back down a bit deeper into the room or even into the other room if you need to buy time.
gg.

...but any combination would work really.

For example
- Chainsaw berserker and xbow/handcannon sharpshooter.
Sharpshooter clear out all crawlers (1-shot using handcannon), sirens (1-shot using xbow) and bloat (decpiate using 9mm) and fleshpounders (2-shots using xbow; 1 shot to enrage and 1 shot to kill it right when enrage animation start, while he have not rushed you yet). Berserker kill everything else.

do what this guy said

two supports with hunting shotgun + shotgun ( + optional handcannons) should do pretty good

Upvote 0
That's exactly what the OP said he was already doing.

Yeah, but it is the best spot anyway. But i would suggest the shooter/zerker team, and then do as Monolithos said. Just kill anything that makes problems to kill with a zerker. For faster scrake killing, you can let your friend stun him with the chainsaw, and then give some xbow headshots.

For the patriarch i would suggest hat you both use sharpooter.

- And this "moonwalker" FP

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, for starters, I'd say you need more than two people!

You need pretty much one of each in the three primary areas on most maps:

-Sweeper (Commando, Sharpshooter)
-Tank (Berserker, Medic)
-Area-Damager (Support, Firebug)

Preferably at least ONE of those needs to be a big-damager (Berserker, Sharpshooter, or Support) to deal with Skrakes quickly.

Then, beyond that, you have to look at the level itself. Firebugs are AMAZING in the close hallways, as are Berserkers with Chainsaws. In those close quarters, sweepers are less effective, so you might want two area-damagers. I'd go with a Support, a Firebug, and a Berserker. Hold up in the area with the two double-doors, but be ready to move out of there fast if things get iffy, ESPECIALLY when the Fleshpounds show up!

Upvote 0
yeah you're gonna need 4 people min. especially once you get to suicidal. you've at least got the right spot to defend ;)

getting to wave 7 is usually pretty easy. as long as you've got one zerker to take out the few scrakes, you should have no problem getting to wave 7.

once you get to waves with FP, you need to have a good zerker to handle FP and scrakes, scrakes most importantly. 2 good supports should be able to handle the mass stuff with shotguns, plus add support against FP and scrakes with the double barrels and nades. 5 nades with level5 support will kill FP even on suicidal. 1 commando as the cleanup guy for spotting crawlers and stalkers helps.

the hardest part is the patty.....now, usually using that same defense spot will work. just make sure you've got a commando to spot him fast, a firebug to get him on fire to keep him visable and keep him burning while taking damage, and have your supports blast away at him. need to spot him quick and be aware of rockets from the end of the hallway.

you need another experienced player to help you beat some maps, hit me up anytime. steam id is -[SiN]-bswearer ;)

Upvote 0
One berserker and one other ranged class (ie. anything but medic) will do fine. Berserker crouches in front and takes on anything big, ranged class stays back, occasionally checking on the other door to keep the weld up and picks off crawlers and sirens (and scrakes for sharpshooters).

I would advise welding fewer doors, only welding ones you intend to stay welded. An unattended welded door just turns a trickle of zombies into a zerg when they eventually break through.

Upvote 0

We have managed to crack West London and Manor on hard (without exploiting.) Manor took us a while to crack but we got there in the end.

Anyway we keep getting turned into mush on Round 10 of Biotics Lab, We are welding the following doors:-
The door at the top of "Red Stairs"
The door that goes into the little side room (the room next to one of the Zed spawn points),
The door at the top of "Yellow Strairs"
and The door that goes into the cloning room (you have to turn hard left to get to the trader spot)

We keep the door that looks down the corridor of red strairs open and we camp up in that room.

My Friend has Lvl5 Sharpie, Lvl5 Support, Lvl4 Medic and Lvl4 Zerker.
I have Lvl5 Sharpie, Lvl5 Support, Lvl4 Medic and Lvl5 Firebug.

Which perk combo should we use? We have tried a Zerker/Support combo but sometimes the FP's walk backwards towards me, which makes the decap quite tricky.

We have tried moving around the labs too but the Zeds seem to magicly appear right behind us as soon as we get any distance on them. We have tried welding the doors and setting up shop at different points of the labs but the Zeds seem to spawn in between the points that we have welded. We have tried everything and it has not seemed to work.

We are trying to learn how to play the game at harder difficulties and then once we have that nailed we want to venture out into the pub servers. I'm not whining about not being able to do Biotics lab and I'm not interested in people saying "ZOMG!!!, you guyz must suckz0rz, I am 1337!!!1111!!!" and all that crap. I'm just asking if any of you could offer some serious advice.

Thanks for your time

F0dd3r
hey buddy, its actually quite easy as long as no one runs off to try and solo. on hard and suicidal u need to hold a constant line and try not to break it, especially when a FP or skrake comes along. basically hole up in the labs (where the trader is) and keep the support specs and beserkers at the front to do the big damage. medic can run freely to heal people and not concentrate on killing, while the sharpy hangs at the back to snipe off and same with the firebug. firebug and sharpy in my opinion are best as backup to soften up the enemy as they approach. in this case they mainly come from the red stairs straight ahead as u have welded the door close to the trader. if u keep a constant wave of fire on the enemy, where the backups concentrate their fire on the bigger enemies approaching then that should work fine as they will be on low health by the time they reach u. good luck

Upvote 0
hey buddy, its actually quite easy as long as no one runs off to try and solo. on hard and suicidal u need to hold a constant line and try not to break it, especially when a FP or skrake comes along. basically hole up in the labs (where the trader is) and keep the support specs and beserkers at the front to do the big damage. medic can run freely to heal people and not concentrate on killing, while the sharpy hangs at the back to snipe off and same with the firebug. firebug and sharpy in my opinion are best as backup to soften up the enemy as they approach. in this case they mainly come from the red stairs straight ahead as u have welded the door close to the trader. if u keep a constant wave of fire on the enemy, where the backups concentrate their fire on the bigger enemies approaching then that should work fine as they will be on low health by the time they reach u. good luck
NECRO!
Anyway, another easy way to do this is get at least two decent sharpies with xbow, and after that the rest of the team can be just about anything. It seems to work best with support to have the nades if needed and the power of the shotties if anything gets through.

But with that long hallway, two high level sharps can almost take out everything by themselves.

Just don't have a firebug on the team, the fire makes it too hard to see for the headshots.

If I were recruiting a team to finish some high levels on that map, I would pick 3 sharps (xbow, duel cannons), 1 support, 1 zerker for fp blocking, and a medic (katana and hunting shottie). The key is the xbow for clearing the hallway and high damage on the skrakes and fps. You can do it with fewer xbows, but this would be easiest imo.

As long as the players don't panic as soon as an fp charges, you should skate through the map.

Upvote 0
F0dd3r

Couple things that might help..

On those later levels you're going to get a 2xFP plus Siren combo almost immediately. Some strong discipline is essential here. Kill the siren(s) before anything. Then try to use some finesse to headcap the fp.

Since these fps are double if you don't get an *immediate* decap then the team should fall back into the "safe room" (with the two pairs of double doors) and chip in 1-2 grenades each...which you can do since you killed the screamers.

For these later waves start already back inside your "safe" room and take the first rush. After that you'll need to push outward. Getting a guy on the left side of the double door allows him to fire down the hall to the right. Those in the middle of the room/door can fire down the hall towards the red stairs. between these two you should be able to get a "beachhead" outside the double doors and push out from the safe room.

After that it's just two guys in each tunnel and two guys in the back that switch between the two attack directions as needed.

Injured people: stop being heros...get to the back and get healed while the guys with armor left hold the line.

As far as class mix I'm not sure how much a difference things make. A commando + shooter can hold the red hall easily. A commando + support guy can hold the "double stairs" end hallway.

Keep a medic and something else in the backfield.

The key is knowing when you're holding back the rush and when you're not. If you lose momentum you *must* recognize it immediately and fall back to the "safe room" where all 6 guns can fire into one bottleneck.

You must also push forward out of the safe room again as soon as you can....gotta buy your selves more "retreat space".

Know who on the team has a katana/chainsaw. Those will be your designated skrake killers. These guys need to be able to rush the scrake without other concerns...so the rest of the team *must* clear the trash around the scrake...no time to discuss...everyone needs to know what to do ahead of time.

Above all: use those long hallways and bottlenecks. Don't let any heros run out to the front. At best they'll come scampering back with damaged armor.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0