• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-420-Ganja-Farm

I dont know if i was playing on the latest version, it doesnt seem that anyone pointed out any problems with the gate at the center of the map, you can crouch and walk through it and colision is annoying when trying to weld, maybe its the terrain i havent dealt with terrain enough to know o.o.

having the team lock itself in the center made it painfully boring, not to mention from the higher platform you can see them coming from far away to take out any threat.

About spawns, they do give the feeling of them surrounding and drawing closer to u, but not if i try to pick them off with any gun from far, when i do this nothing gets close. scrakes and fleshpounds do not make it to the team when we set up camp in the middle

the item spawns especially the ammo boxes, are in no area of danger and it takes no risk to get to them, paired with walking through a welded gate, i can play with a law and last the whole round with ammo in it because its just so safe to walk around and i know where the zeds come from

the shop locations are no pressure at all, especially camping in the middle its a few steps away when your done.

this map looks very nice but doesnt give the feel that this game was made for, i blame the center its just too safe and should be redesigned to keep players on their wits. Its a good map for just relaxing and shooting things, but i wouldnt reccomend it for people who enjoy the running and gunning and teamwork the game usually demands.

the patriarch was a joke here...

i made this review not to disrespect but because this map had alot of effort put into it for u to just leave it boring (imo) i was playing on normal on a full server of 6, it was feeling like begginer, it was rediculously unfair to the zeds. I can only describe the experince i had as simple and too easy. il be keeping an eye on future works, again i wouldnt have made this post if i didnt care about this maps and your potential as a mapper :p and il let you know if i have a better time if i find a server running this on hard or suicidal

Upvote 0
shino

shino

To weld in the middle of the map is the basic gameplan for that map. But you should really try it in normal or hard. That should make alot diffrence. It takes teamplay then to weld the doors even just in time and keep them weld what is almost impossible then. There are i think 7 spawns placed in a star cobination around the map so they come from all around over the hills and ways. The most ammo and weapons actually placed on the side where no shops are .. if you make it there in time. You can shoot to the front fence cause its a fence.. 1 time in (normal or hard) it got run down you almost dead and if you run out then you get the real action. Again that you weld in the middle with the 2 back doors and infront the fence is the basic gameplay of that map. I wont change the basic design of it but respect your post and ideas. Maby you like another map i made better. I just try out diffrent designs and gameplays at moment.

Upvote 0
yeah we totally get slaughtered on hard - the first few waves are dead simple but it gives you a chance to buy the weapons you want. by the time you're ready and all doors are sealing hell finally breaks loose.

I think theres a few things that could be improved on. the main one being is that the flamethrower doesn't pass through the barbed wire upstairs very well so you have to keep aiming high with it.

I'm actually not that bothered about being able to pass through the front gate. This allows you to use whatever class you want rather than having support classes all the time just to get the door sealed before the next wave

Upvote 0
The ganja "fortress" is a fun map! Well executed concept. The fortress is a great place to defend, most specimens never even reach the gate. Geometry, textures, sounds, karma decorations, emitters, spawn points, all are well done.

It certainly doesn't have the usual "KF feel", but a little variety never hurts.

Bugs & issues found:
- It's too easy if you're used to Suicidal. Otherwise, you can (or you'll have to) up server's difficulty level for this map.
- Crawlers can't get into the fortress from under the house. There's enough space for crawlers, and this would help with the difficulty.
- Most crawlers get stuck in the pond with a bridge.
- The ladder near main gate is not climbable.
- The main gate has some collision issues, etc.

Upvote 0
i​e;508946 said:
- Crawlers can't get into the fortress from under the house. There's enough space for crawlers, and this would help with the difficulty.
- Most crawlers get stuck in the pond with a bridge.
- The ladder near main gate is not climbable.
- The main gate has some collision issues, etc.

Some nice ideas you have there however its not possible to make a practical working ladder. zombies get stuck on it and also can't attack while on a ladder so you can just hang off it shooting them all and theres nothing they can do about it.

Is Ganja farm going to receive any future updates in terms of bugs?

Upvote 0
Some nice ideas you have there however its not possible to make a practical working ladder. zombies get stuck on it and also can't attack while on a ladder so you can just hang off it shooting them all and theres nothing they can do about it.

Is Ganja farm going to receive any future updates in terms of bugs?

Sorry, my bad. I have no practical experience with UT mapping. I thought the ladder could be made into a walkable slope (for both players and specimens). The point of this would be that the zombies can get to defending players faster when the main gate breaks down.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

I just learned of the hole in the gate recently. If you have a good team it is easy to beat on hard. If you do not then your dead. LOL.

I love putting pipe bombs on the gate. Running up and trying to keep it welded before the pipe bomb blows up. You have to be careful also. The crawlers get through.

Ganja Farm, Gas Station, and Macabre Day have been the most popular on mine lately. I have to get a crew in to rig the vote sometimes to play different maps. LOL. Never thought I would get tired of Macabre Day. Come on guys lets play something else. Lets play a core map. :D

Now with the weapons more advanced I may have to pick up a suicidal server. Things are getting easier.

Another thing I learned is to leave the gate open or door open with the Pat. Other wise he will blow it up with most of the pipe bombs.

Upvote 0
shinobi

shinobi

Turn on friendly fire. Makes it much harder. Yesterday i was playing with tpw biolab and we were covering 1 room down at the trader. Then an fp attacked and came in i was kinda thinking quick drop a pipebomb to save the team... well the next thing i saw was my hole team flying around wiped out.I forgott ff was on and that pipebombs are dangerous :) That was pretty funny tho i was lmao. One guy said: I think shinobi is a double agent.

That also works nice in ganja farm since ppl like to cover the entrance with pipebombs but also weld it after damage.

Upvote 0