• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

headphone hiss

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Can anyone help me with this please?

I had to have my rig repaired and for some reason they reinstalled my sound card. (sound blaster audigy 24bit)

Everything works fine except I have this continuous hissing which was not there before.

Could it be just a setting that was overlooked or something like that, any suggestions?

Thank-you

Hi Xendance,

I'm not to pc tech savy but what I can tell you is that this is what I did.

After thinking about it for a while. I recall the guy muting the microphone option in the surround mixer window, which never made sense to me. (tower was built for me)

So looking at it yesterday I saw Line-In and S/PDIF-In were checked but not micrphone so I thought I'd try as I can always uncheck it.
I logged in to DarkestHour and can hear everything fine with no hissing. I do a radio check and my reply comes back 5 by 5, or 5x5, I'm not sure how it's actually written.

I'm thinking this option mutes it so I can not hear my own voice through my headset.

NI'm not sure if this helps but,

I'm running xp 32bit
nForce 650 SLI motherboard
dual core 2.33
GTX 9800
3 gigs memory
sound blaster audigy 24bit

All is 2 years old this month

If you try it out, don't forget to do a radio check in game because you will not hear your voice in your headset.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0