• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make fun of the "Yet another WW2 game"

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Once rohos will get more responses on gaming sites, its inevitable that people will complain about it being "yet another ww2 shooter".

It would be really nice if at some point a trailer it could put that question in text and then showing that its not just another ww2 shooter :p. Like fighting against the clich

Last edited:
Once rohos will get more responses on gaming sites, its inevitable that people will complain about it being "yet another ww2 shooter".

It would be really nice if at some point a trailer it could put that question in text and then showing that its not just another ww2 shooter :p.
What about a text bar flashing "NOT YOUR AVERAGE WW2 SHOOTER" in red and yellow through the entire trailer? :eek:

Upvote 0
Well, RO is the only game of its kind. Only Deutschland and the CCCP, and realism is the focus. I don't see that anywhere else. If they put that across properly, people won't associate it with all the dramatic S.P.R. wannabe (it's not even a good movie) America-kicks-butt titles.

Too bad the vast unwashed mass here in the U.S.A. wants exactly that. Yes, we're really as dumb as people say we are. I need to move = /

Upvote 0
one thing i really hate is when people use the attitude of "if it wasn't for the soviets germany would have never lost" or "those americans and DDAY fanboys". people.... it was a combined effort from all the allies. the point of the game is not to highlight the eastern front cause that was where the "real war was fought". the point of the game is to highlight the eastern front just because it's usually not the main theme in most ww2 shooters thus providing a more unique take on ww2 and offering something different to gamers.

any gamer can be drawn to RO if it's got enough to offer to a variety of players. all the news we've seen so far looks like that is where TW is going with HOS. a variety of gamemodes and styles that will have something for everyone. i think with OST the realism was maybe too much for many and turned them away. HOS looks like it will still keep much of the realistic nature of the RO we all know and love, but will add some more balance through the new gametypes to try and draw in the more mainstream crowd. hopefully there won't be drastic changes and i think we can all trust TW that they will keep as close to RO basics as possible.

people can read the box, watch the adds, and conclude on their own that there is something different about the game. the first step is the pitch the game makes. RO drills home the selling points of realistic gameplay, unique settings and the dedicated support from the devs. the pitch is great and people will at least give it a shot. having a quality game that will please all is what will keep the masses hooked. the second and most IMPORTANT step is exposure.....let's face it, there simply were not enough gamers exposed to RO. even now after all the years and successes RO has seen, i'll venture to say 90% of gamers have still never heard of it and have yet to hear about HOS. hopefully now that TW has expanded, gained some rep and most importantly made some MONEY, they will be able to advertise HOS more. reaching the masses will get more players. advertisement is the key and you've gotta spend some to make some.

Upvote 0