• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

I saw this the other night and was surprised I had not heard about it before as it is based on a true story and I happen to like nonfiction.
I was discussing it with guys at work and was again surprised to hear that some will pass on it because it is in subtitles.
I say, so what, a good movie is a good movie. Subtitles add another dynamic and in this case, imo, couldn't have been done any other way.

So my question is, have you heard/seen this story/movie before and what are your thoughts on subtitles.

Heres a trailer I found on youtube and by the way, the actor in the lead role did an excellent job. Very good film.

YouTube - The Counterfeiters

that KZ is the KZ Mauthausen, just 10km away from my city

Upvote 0
jsytislookinggood.jpg
smokeythebear828
smokeythebear828

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are there any advantages to mapping out long plans like that?

In HOI2 I'd just attack with a province that only bordered one enemy province, with its neighbours supporting the attack. Then one of its neighbours would now only border one enemy province and so that one would attack... so on and so forth until the whole front line moved forward.

Yes, there was an advantage in HOI 2 and in HOI 3 prior to the latest patch.
Since the 1.1c patch the devs introduced some ****ty cooldown after each attack. It's 120 hours. 120 ****en hours to reorganize after an attack? HOI 2 had a thing like that, but it only happened when you stopped the attack.

Before patch example: You attack a province, defeat the defenders and immediately start moving towards the next province.

Post patch: You attack a province, defeat the defenders, wait for 120 hours and then start moving towards the next province.

In HOI 2 you got the cooldown (reorganization penalty) only if you ordered the unit to stop after the initial victory. It was the same in HOI 3 before.
It makes exploiting breakthroughs a pain in the arse :|

And also with a plan like that, I managed to cut the supply lines of the eastern polish forces (yes, HOI 3 simulates supply routes on land now) and eventually cutting them off from their capital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0