• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best Gaming Keyboard

Go in the biggest computer store in your area and ask them for such a keyboard. You can't buy a keyboard online straight away, in my opinion as the most important thing about a keyboard is how you like the keys. So go in a store, let them show you some keyboards with the specifications you need and try them out. If you think you can get them cheaper online you can still get them from there after you tried them in the shop.

Upvote 0
Well as we are into mouses and things at the moment, this looks the most promising as far as I can see, with a head-set jack.

[URL]http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2224824,00.asp[/URL]

I would be interested how it redirects the sound from a Creative X-Fi Gamer to the jack on the keyboard.

If anybody knows, feel free to let me know.

EDIT...
Opps, thats wot I tink...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recommend this -

Z-Board

rc-zboard-gaming-keyboard.jpg

I use this keyboard myself and have to say it's really quite good for gaming. It also has USB sockets built into the keyboard itself for plugging headphones, speakers, mouses, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have always believed having an expensive keyboard is a luxury rather than a necessity for gaming. As long as all the buttons are in the right place then you don't need to go crazy. In fact if your building a performance gaming rig then the keyboard is the only thing you can really skimp on.

Gaming keyboards offer little over what a cheap

Upvote 0
I went for the Microsoft Reclusa myself as a slightly cheaper option than the Lycosa but still designed by Razer.

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=093[/URL]

I've had it for a year now and it's not too shabby. Main gripes would be hitting those bloody hotkeys at inopportune moments & the letters on the W,A,S & D keys are wearing off (that should tell me something).

If you're literally just looking for something to rawk your FPS world, a couple of my mates were taken with the Z Board Fang.

Upvote 0
I've had it for a year now and it's not too shabby. Main gripes would be hitting those bloody hotkeys at inopportune moments

That right there was one of the biggest reasons that I went for the G-15. You can turn off the damned hotkey. I got SO sick of mashing that windows button when I wanted to dive or crouch ... :p

Upvote 0
That right there was one of the biggest reasons that I went for the G-15. You can turn off the damned hotkey. I got SO sick of mashing that windows button when I wanted to dive or crouch ... :p

lol - to be honest, I used to play a lot of CoD at league level and I always remember a guy in my clan physically removing his windows button. There is absolutely nothing worse than hitting a media/windows key in the middle of a critical league match.

Not aesthetically pleasing keyboard wise but brutally effective ! :D

I think that's why a couple of people I know went down the z board fang route. They take some getting used to apparently but are hell on wheels once you acclimatise, by all accounts.

Upvote 0