• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharp Shooter perk

Gar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 13, 2009
Ok this perk's leveling has been bothering me. the Head shot kill counter is weak and doesn't work all the time not to mention that you can remove a head and not kill a specimen. It's a horrible way to make that perk level up in my opinion. The requirment either needs a reduction and then some damage added to it or perhaps just headshots?? or something. There are alot of people who want to be sharp shooter but have a feeling that they will never level it up unless they play lifelessy. My friend doesnt even want to play the game anymore because of it. Does anyone else agree this requirment is ridiculous?

Erm... Sharpshooter is ridiculously easy to level, I found it the fastes perk to level up of all perks. Especially now that you can use the 9mm to get more headshots.

And now when you remove the head of a specimen and it bleeds out, it counts as a headshot. You don't even need to be actually playing as Sharpshooter to level it.

Just keep on playing. You'll get there. Just remember to aim for that head. ;)

Upvote 0
The requirment either needs a reduction and then some damage added to it or perhaps just headshots??

Wrong, pal. SharpShooter got both increase damage for their weapon and headshooting using them. That's 50% more dam per weapon and 100% more dam per headshoot at lv5, if my memory serve me well. That's 3 times damage, such a huge amount that a team of 6 sharpshooter will be able to kill patriarch in 1~2 shoot.

Upvote 0
Ok this perk's leveling has been bothering me. the Head shot kill counter is weak and doesn't work all the time not to mention that you can remove a head and not kill a specimen. It's a horrible way to make that perk level up in my opinion. The requirment either needs a reduction and then some damage added to it or perhaps just headshots?? or something. There are alot of people who want to be sharp shooter but have a feeling that they will never level it up unless they play lifelessy. My friend doesnt even want to play the game anymore because of it. Does anyone else agree this requirment is ridiculous?

yes the riquirement is ridiculous.....ridiculously low that is

I played a solo/normal on westlondon and got 1.5k headshots in 1 hour

headshot counter is fine, though it sometimes has a delay on updating, but it always does, also 9mm makes it ridiculously easy since 9mm is even way easier to aim

TBH sharpshooter also has the best perk bonuses, similar to support, but it also sscales way better with more skilled you are

probably the best class as long as you have the skill to aim and brain for when to use each weapon, since pretty much everything can be used, 9mm for headshots on clots, bloats, stalkers and crawlers, even gorefasts, while dual cannons can be used for oh sh** momeents and xbow is generaly a massive damage dealer and used as scrake and FP killer (also best for killing patriarch)

as lv5 sharpshooter it took me (only) 2 headshots to kill patriarch on solo/suicidal/long game, lets not forget that he managed to run to heal after 1st shot

show me one other class that can kill patriarch in less than 2 seconds and you get an XXL cookie

Upvote 0
Sharpshooter requirements are fine, they certainly shouldn't lower it. With the 9mm pistol it has become easy and fast to level up. If you just simply suck at making headshots then you shouldn't get the sharpshooter to level 5 any time soon.

took that right outta my tongue :p

Bio666: you win a cookie

IMO actualy sharpshooter requirement should be increased......or is it just me?

Upvote 0
yes the riquirement is ridiculous.....ridiculously low that is

I played a solo/normal on westlondon and got 1.5k headshots in 1 hour

headshot counter is fine, though it sometimes has a delay on updating, but it always does, also 9mm makes it ridiculously easy since 9mm is even way easier to aim

TBH sharpshooter also has the best perk bonuses, similar to support, but it also sscales way better with more skilled you are

probably the best class as long as you have the skill to aim and brain for when to use each weapon, since pretty much everything can be used, 9mm for headshots on clots, bloats, stalkers and crawlers, even gorefasts, while dual cannons can be used for oh sh** momeents and xbow is generaly a massive damage dealer and used as scrake and FP killer (also best for killing patriarch)

as lv5 sharpshooter it took me (only) 2 headshots to kill patriarch on solo/suicidal/long game, lets not forget that he managed to run to heal after 1st shot

show me one other class that can kill patriarch in less than 2 seconds and you get an XXL cookie

Of course is fast, just go up to the pedestal in the church and all the zombines will walk right up to you lined up for a quick head shot :confused:

Upvote 0
lol i made it an i suck but just palyed and played. and then when im' like almost a 5 they let the 9mm count. totsallly fubar.
but poppin heads is tooo fun, ecpecially w no recoil from the de.
x-bowing goddamn sireens love it.
keep it up, too good to miss.

Upvote 0
Ive played my sharpshooter perk 5 times probably
and its level 4 atm...i use my guns a fair amount but im a berzerker (which im sure yer all sick of me repeating) and i use my melee most of the time.
I also think that sharpshooter is the easiest perk to level next to medic.

No the sharpshooter is fine the way it is IMO

Upvote 0