• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Specimenation Versus Mode Trailer

It'd make for a nice diversion, I guess.

Aside from the obvious fact that it's ripping off Left 4 Dead, I could see some specimens being FAR, FAR overpowered in player hands (Skrake/Fleshpound) while some, even in player hands, would still be near-useless (Clot/Stalker). And having the crawler able to constantly spam jumps like that would just be frustrating, so time will tell how it actually PLAYS. Looks pretty good, though.

Upvote 0
I don't see how it's ripping off L4D. They're adding PvP gameplay now. Instead of PvAI. Just because L4D is already PvP doesn't make it the original. That'd be like saying L4D copied KF because of the Boomer/Bloat similarities. Or the new melee weapons.

Anyways, I think it looks great. Now we can have some clan on clan action.

Upvote 0
Looks fun.

The Crawler looks overpowered/extremely annoying though.

Aside from the obvious fact that it's ripping off Left 4 Dead,

Yes. Because L4D totally invented the idea of human controlled survivors versus human controlled zombies.

Zombie Mod for CSS never existed, neither did either the Goldsrc or Source versions of Zombie Panic, or the zombie gamemode of Gmod, or ....well, I think you get the idea. The idea's as old as ****, and it's certainly not ripping off L4D since you play as all sorts of zombies (including the cannon fodder) rather than the specials.

Upvote 0
if you look closely you'll see the money counter in the bottom right corner of the screen for the people playing as specimens, perhaps this means that certain ones cost a certain amount of money (just a guess), although i see a few problems, one being that you can jump to avoid headshots i mean for the bloat specifically, also it looks like you dont have to leave your spawn in biotics lab so someone could just sit in there if they're the last specimen maybe make it would walk out with the ai then you get control over it.

Upvote 0
First person perspective k thx bie.
n203433.jpg

Upvote 0