• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commando Tips

Believe me. It works. Also, switching to semi-auto is faster than switching to 9mm. ;)

AFAIK 9mm does more dmg

and TBH I dont want my primary to be a weak pistol weighing 6 blocks

I d buy dual 9mms if I wanted that

just got commando lv5 on a 2nd account and I am still using it on auto, at semi-auto if you dont intantly decap you just did less damage as othervise

and if 5 gorefasts wanna buttrape me I doubt I could click f fast enough to switch to auto especialy since there is nio advantage at all in using single-fire

Upvote 0
Auto or Semi. Doesnt really matter. Stick with what works best for you. Auto work best for me, but i will try semi a few hard runs and see how it pan out. Yes auto actually deal a bit more damage per bullet, but if you aim to decapitate your targets it does not really matter. Nothing right or wrong really.
AFAIK 9mm does more dmg
I use a single 9mm because it have low recoil, fast reload and decapitate zombies with one bullet. Damage does not matter since i never use it to shoot stuff in their actual body until they die anyway.

Besides, I actually think a level 5 commando deal slightly more damage per bullet using bullpup than 9mm anyway...
It cost 4kg to get a 30 clip sized weapon with bad long distance aim and have a 2.7 sec reload time (dual 9mm used by a level 5 commando).

It cost 6kg to get a 50 clip size that got a x2 zoom for long distance percision decapitations, can be used for auto fire without switching weapons and have a 1,5 sec reload time (bullpup used by a level 5 commando).

I would buy the "weak pistol weighing(sic) 6 blocks" :)
...if you dont intantly decap...
Gorefasts and bloats have too much health to actually gun them down with your bullpup until they die. You decapitate them and let them bleed out. If you miss the first bullet you decapiate them with the second bullet. How much damage the first bullet did does not really matter.

If you deal enough damage when you decapitate a zombie it will instantly die instead of bleed out (as sharpshooter my targets often does not bleed out), but to let a zombie bleed out instead of instant killing it can sometimes be a good idea(tm).

You see, a zombie that bleed out also block other zombies from rushing your position, buying you and your team time. If i want to do that as sharpshooter i would bring out my handcannon and shoot a couple of gorefasts once in the body to stun them. I actually do this quite often. This have a simular effect as to when the commando shoot them in the head and let them bleed out.

(Sometimes it is better that the target instantly dies though, that is one reason why some people prefere headshots from sharpshooters compared to a commando. Then again, i guess commando can do that too once they get their AK47...)

Upvote 0
ehm I moostly headshot kill with my bullpup on auto

see that might just not happen with single-fire

basicaly single-fire is useless piece of junk and I see people using it by clicking fast while not even getting decaops, so its basicaly like using it full auto, just with a lot lower firing speed and damage out

and I usualy shoot 2 or 3-round bursts on bullpup somewhere in the chest (or to the head) and always get a kill, alot faster than specifically aiming one-shot to the head

Upvote 0
AFAIK 9mm does more dmg

and TBH I dont want my primary to be a weak pistol weighing 6 blocks

So... When you play commando you would rather buy the fairly inaccurate dual 9mm's than use the much more accurate Bullpup as your primary and using the firing mode toggle? Seriously, what are you talking about? Please, start making sense. :confused:

( And at least try to use some punctuation... makes my head hurt... :( )

With dual 9mm's you can't use iron sights and have to spray wildly, hoping you might hit the head. With Bullpup you have a 2x reflex scope which makes it child's play to remove heads with surgical precision in semi-automatic mode.

just got commando lv5 on a 2nd account and I am still using it on auto, at semi-auto if you dont intantly decap you just did less damage as othervise
The shot damage should not matter if you are aiming for a headshot decapitation, if it is a critical headshot, the head is removed regardless of the damage. So this difference is really neglible. The zed will bleed out all the same.

Bleedout damage, hello? Removal of the head of a Specimen = No longer a threat, also a very DEAD specimen in a second or two. It doesn't matter how much shot damage you did.
What is so difficult to understand about this?

if 5 gorefasts wanna buttrape me I doubt I could click f fast enough to switch to auto especialy since there is nio advantage at all in using single-fire

I can always switch back to full-auto when I see a group of 3 or more.

You can switch BETWEEN semi-automatic and full-automatic. You actually can switch BACK to full-automatic mode WHEN NEEDED
Do you actually read anything posted in this thread?

ehm I moostly headshot kill with my bullpup on auto

see that might just not happen with single-fire

It happens. Trust me.

basicaly single-fire is useless piece of junk and I see people using it by clicking fast while not even getting decaops, so its basicaly like using it full auto, just with a lot lower firing speed and damage out

Uhm... you see SOME people or ALL people? You forget some people would miss headshots no matter what firing mode they are using. They are called beginners. People have varying skill levels. If you have seen a rubbish player playing a sharpshooter with a crossbow, missing with every single bolt, does this mean the Sharpshooter class is rubbish and the crossbow is useless piece of junk?

If that happens a lot, I'd say you've got to find a better server to play on. Or even better, make some friends to play with in private games.

and I usualy shoot 2 or 3-round bursts on bullpup somewhere in the chest (or to the head) and always get a kill, alot faster than specifically aiming one-shot to the head

Because the recoil moves your aim up and some bullets hit the head. It works, but on a medium-long range and beyond the second and third bullet tends to overshoot the target by a country mile. THIS is why you use semi-auto for medium and long range.

I understand you prefer fully automatic for some reason, but don't come tell me other players are stupid for using semi-auto just because YOU think is is not useful.

Upvote 0
your post makes no sense

and yes, single-fire is useless

because anyone skilled enough to headshot is most likely skillwed enough to be able to fire a single bullet (wich also does more damage) while using fuill auto firing mode

and sure you can switch back to full auzto when things hit the fan, but usualy when they do that milisecond that it takes you to switch to full auto means death

Upvote 0
Any time someone makes a logical rebuttal you seem to stick you fingers in your ears and go, "la la la, I'm right you're wrong" emotion666. How about pointing out his bullet notes and giving good reasons as to why he's wrong.

Since you seemingly have two level 5 Commando accounts and you're so great with both of them would you like to play a few rounds with me on Suicidal with my 5 SS or 5 'Zerker? Yes, this is a serious offer.

emotion666 said:
and sure you can switch back to full auzto when things hit the fan, but usualy when they do that milisecond that it takes you to switch to full auto means death

People aren't stupid, most can tell BEFORE something happens with both visual and audio cues when it might be best to switch firing modes. I don't sit there and go, "Hmm, that gorefast looks menacing, but I wont switch until he gets in my face."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any time someone makes a logical rebuttal you seem to stick you fingers in your ears and go, "la la la, I'm right you're wrong" emotion666. How about pointing out his bullet notes and giving good reasons as to why he's wrong.

Since you seemingly have two level 5 Commando accounts and you're so great with both of them would you like to play a few rounds with me on Suicidal with my 5 SS or 5 'Zerker? Yes, this is a serious offer.

I ve already proven my point couple of times, hes just an ignorant ****** and keeps in with his: single fire is better yadda yadda yadda

irf you guys havent realized automatic fire is (assuming you just click the mouse once) basicaly a single fire that does more damage and doesnt require constant chaging of fire mode

and I am very sry but I am currently doing suiocidal alone, as a zerker, without much intention to winning it anyway

and no I dont play suicidal MP because I dont find it fun at all with less than 4 players and whenever theres more half of them suck

so, yeah if you bring two more friends who actualy know how to play and have a couple of lv5s I

Upvote 0
semi and full both have there places long range (obviously) is for long ranges but those distances are rare in KF emotion666 is right in a since that why go back and forth all the time when you can decap at full consistently(i can do this by aiming for roughly the sternum of the target) however Soanos is right to in some respects, for ammo conservation it is essential to not constantly fire on full auto when a couple of shots in semi would do personally i would rather have 45 round from a couple of shots at range and be have to do an instantaneous change to full then only have 25-30 rounds from spamming my bullpup ammo.

Next topic! (for high lvl commandos) how did you get those stalker kills? was it fast or slow? easy or hard? the point of this would be to comply a list of how to legitimately increase your stalker quickly for people either having problems getting them or for new people in general. I will start.
my tip for people for getting those kills fast is to get out in front Stalkers along with everything else are atracted to the person closest to them i have had time when 4 or 5 stalkes show up and come directly at me. this also decrees the chance that other people will steal your stalker kills. It also in some ways helps you team your perk is designed to clean out specimen up to siren allowing your team to focus on the more immediate threat of skrakes and fleshpound (although some skilled people can decap an FP whether this is a glitch or a weakness you decide) that is my tip for i guess getting those stalker kills and how i would think commando is supposed to be played. i have a lvl 4 command and have reached this with in 2 or 3 weeks of perchasing the game you can see me online as UndeadZed for proof if you need it.

Upvote 0
IS-234 adid you even read mypost, with bullpups 50-bullet clip you can decap 50 enemies either in automatic firing mode or single fire mode

thats my point

just because it ais: AUTOMATIC FIRE that does not mean you have to hold the mouse and fir away or that you have to do bursts, because you can easily do single fire.....unless you are very very bad at FPS or your mouse is horrible, in that case feel frree to use single-fire (which is the only reason why its even there)

for anyone above average skill level, single-fire option IS useless

Upvote 0
You guys that use auto fire, let people that use semi continue to use semi.
You guys that use semi fire, let people that use auto continue to use auto.

There is really nothing right or wrong here. Whatever works....
how did you get those stalker kills? was it fast or slow? easy or hard?
I focused my kills towards raising my perks. I used knife at wave one because 9mm did not (at the time) raise my sharpshooter perk - but it did raise my berserker perk. I healed people whenever they were hurt to raise my medic perk (as a result it was my second perk that reached level 5 without actually playing as a medic much at all). When waiting for next wave i helped our support specs to weld them doors. When playing berserker I used bullpup as backup (or if i found a bullpup on the ground during early waves, playing mostly normal at the time) and switch to it whenever i saw a stalker (crawler, bloat and siren). When playing commando i used handcannons as backup, but once i reached level 5 as sharpshooter (my first level 5) i used chainsaw as backup instead (to raise my berserker perk) - and i often found myself camping the spots i normaly hated while playing other perks (you know the spots where crawlers and stalkers fall down from small vents in the ceiling).

By the time i really focused on playing commando i was pretty good at headshots from playing sharpshooter, i was almost level 3 and by the time i was level 4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@emotion666
ok i respect your opinion that you think it is useless if you can do that for me that would be great, I find that full auto is too tempting to just spray and pray for the decap (or multiple) this is why i promote the use of single-shot it conserves valuable ammo that you will need for later waves however i don't say that you should go semi only this hinders the commandos ability to clear out all those clot gorefast stalkers and crawlers quickly, this also requires bullets to preform so if i have been using my "below average" shooting skills with burst i will have wasted a valuable clip. But wait that when i use the average Joe burst method...what happens when i use single in both full and semi? Tune for the thrilling conclusion in teh next paragraph!
Lets start with full on say west london i am by the subway entrance looking at the police station. Oh look there's a few gorefast some crawlers and a stalker (thinks to self ok just aim for the head if emotion666 is right and my emotions don't get the better of me i should be able to discipline my self into 1 round shots) Shot 1 fires and hits stalker in the head (kill) ok they are getting closer and there are more behind them now fires 1 shot hits gorefast in the face and it falls dead getting closer now... fires again hits another crawler this time misses the head shot fires again kills the crawler (thinks to self man wouldn't this be easier with a few bursts?) takes aim again fires more frantically at the other gorefast this time i held my mouse down too long and it shoots off 3 rounds burst kills it shoots at a crawler kills it with a burst shoots at another crawler kills it with a round and a few wild shot (thinks oh man there getting close and i don't have the amour to take them) fires 15 rounds at teh group as i run inside the church the remaining gorefast are now charging me along with few crawlers i seemed to have missed :( i eventually make it out alive but only by a few hit points of armor and a couple of bullets forcing me to reload giving more time for things to get to close.
With semi this time takes aim at the stalker (thinks just like in RO with you moisin) fires kills the stalker 49 rounds to reload (thanks to RO when i am in my bolty mind set i keep track of rounds mentally for some reason) (thinks again make this one count) fires at crawler kills it 48 rounds to reload fires at another crawler kills it fires at a gorefast 2 to ensure decap 46 rounds left (realizes what i stupid mistake it was to fire twice like that was) shoots another gorefast 45 rounds left this time once kills it shoots another crawler 44 rounds left (i am beginning to feel the pressure now but i know i can't just hold the fire button) fires twice does damage to 2 more gorefasts decaps one and the other is what like half health shoots it, it falls dead 41 rounds left i still have more rounds left than a original un upgraded bullpup switches to full auto just in case and then moves on.
The reason i feel that Semi is useful is that it is a ammo conservation method similar to what i have to play with with the moisin nagant in RO this means that i know that every shot must count or i am screwed unless some one saves me and since i am usually on a pub server that is not likely. this is the reason that i feel that back semi and full automatic have there place in KF a player especialy a new person should not limit himself to just one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
emo, would you like a poker to stoke these flames?

I hear Asda are offering really good discounts in the houseware dept.

Oh, and Bullpup pwns on lvl 5, end of. :)

how about you just gtfo with <your trolling

there was no flaming involved......yet

@IS-234: you just said its psychological reason and proced my point lmfao

so you just said you use single fire because you lack the discipline (and discipline is skill) to use auto-fire no matter that it is way advantageous

so yeah to keep it short:
-commando is best played on automatic firing mode and SKILLED players should never need to switch to single fire
-I am not saying you are not allowed to use single-fire but when you are talking about tips for commando players (which ius the thread name) you are misleading players by saying to use single-fire since you are giving them tips that even keep you away from being good enough

so yeah, face it, if you want to be more skilled and effective you use auto-fire mode, thats it, suggesting single-fire mode to others is just wrong because the real reason you are using it is the lack of skill (or equipment) to use it succesfully

I can kill 50 enemies in a clip no matter if I am on auto or single auto. why?

because I have half decent mouse, skill to be able tap mouse fast (wouldnt really call it skill, but I see some cant do it) and I dont have psychological problem (note: this is NOT an insult to anyone) to be in the think that just because I have full auto weapon I would need to fire automaticaly or bursts

TBH the only class that could use single-fire mode is the flamethrower since it has even faster RoF than bullpup and actualy ends up wasting 2 ˝bullets˝ most of the time when you try to fire off a single one

Upvote 0
Get off your high horses. That goes for both sides.

There is nothing wrong with using semi-auto fire sometimes (or else TWI would not have added it to the game, now would they) and full auto other times.

There is nothing wrong with always keeping your bullup on full auto.

Different playstyles work best for different players.
- Even if you use semi-fire you cant say it is wrong for other players to always have full auto on.
- And if you always use full auto you cant say it is wrong for other players to sometimes use semi-fire either.

Can you please accept that the bullpup is capable of both semi-fire and full auto and - depending on things that include for example playstyle, difficult level, skill level etc - the weapon is good if you only full auto all the time, a mix between full auto and semi depending on the situation (or even semi all the time never using full auto).

Having said that, now please try to keep it civil and stop all that name-calling and "it is either my way or the highway"-type of posts. - Or someone will eventually lock this thread (and we don't want that, do we).

Upvote 0
discipline is not skill, skill is the ability to go into a round and come out the other side alive and for my style of play which is to go up close to the enemy and then blow them away with a burst from my bullpup i need the ammo to survive and lots of it and if i have been firing some bursts at range that is now ammo i can't use when i really need it and could use more effectly. A burts at anything over 5-10 meters is something of a waist to me. That is why ammo conservation is a must for me i can't afford to waist ammo so why even take the chance?

Upvote 0
its more towards the OP saying: use semi-auto

and as I said, use whatever you wish, but if you wanna be high skill get used to using auto-fire mode exclusively

and yes while using auto or both is acceptable, using semi auto all the time is fail

ever noticed scrakes and sirens

like I said I have no trouble what lower skilled players want to use, but OP suggesting a worse method as a tip is just bad

its like suggesting LAW for patriarch, yes it might work on normal but it never works in suicidal, same goes for bullpups semi-auto fire, or prove me othervise

and if you have trouble running out of ammo with 500 bullets of bullpup when you use 2 or 3-bursts sometimes on any enemy than you are just bad

I ve used 20+ bullets to get rid of multiple crawlers trying to rape me and trust me, I prefered being alive over using 5 well aimed shots to the head and dying in the process

just please read before responding

Upvote 0
discipline is not skill, skill is the ability to go into a round and come out the other side alive and for my style of play which is to go up close to the enemy and then blow them away with a burst from my bullpup i need the ammo to survive and lots of it and if i have been firing some bursts at range that is now ammo i can't use when i really need it and could use more effectly. A burts at anything over 5-10 meters is something of a waist to me. That is why ammo conservation is a must for me i can't afford to waist ammo so why even take the chance?

as I said on full auto you can fire a single bullet through whole map and decap a decapable zombie (except FP)

yes its skill to be able to fire 1 bullet with auto-fire mode since you cant do it

its either skill that others can do it, or a handicap that you cant do it

there s no other way here

besides I am not arguing anymore about you using it, I am arguing with the fact that OP who obviously hasnt won above hard (or even above normal) round is giving out stupid tips

Upvote 0
....... sigh....

@emotion666, I will write this one more time. In a bigger letters this time:

There is nothing wrong with using semi-auto fire sometimes (or else TWI would not have added it to the game, now would they) and full auto other times.

Just because YOU don't use it does not mean it work for OTHERS. Accept that. Please.

Have you for example ever thought about people that DON'T have your skill of clicking so fast they only shoot one bullet even the bullpup is in full auto-mode. For some people (most that are new to Commando perk and the bullpup) it probably IS easier to score headshots at long distance using semi-auto fire and the x2 reflex scope (and then switch back to full auto for close range kills). For others, like yourself - and me too most of the time - it is easier to be on full auto all the time.

There
Is
No
Right
Or
Wrong
About
Using
Semi
Or
Auto

We all (including IS-234) understand and accept that YOU use full auto all the time. We all (including IS-234) understand and accept that full auto work best for YOU. Can YOU (yes, that is you emotion666) understand and accept that semi might work well for others in some situations.

Please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0