• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half time side swapping

Umm, getting 2 caps from 4 moves the spawn all the way to the other side of the map and then it's just a matter of taking tower.

If you take back route first, you risk getting stuck there for the rest of the map because if you manage to get past the turkey shoot up the path to the left, you then have to again get down the path and up the hill again to tower which is really really hard if they setup there as well. Higher ground gives a huge advantage and no other map gives away the higher ground than kaukasus than when Axis take back route first.

Upvote 0
Umm, getting 2 caps from 4 moves the spawn all the way to the other side of the map and then it's just a matter of taking tower.

Euhm have you ever played kaukasus?
If you capture mortar you spawn at mortar
If you capture backroute you spawn at backroute.
If you capture mortar and then capture backroute you spawn at backroute.

You dont get a single advantage spawnwise in obtaining the tower by going mortar first and then getting backroute (beside a possible short diversion). The spawns are the same with the same possibility of getting locked down.
And when talking of locking down, the mortar spawn is the easiest to lock down atleast in public play.

Going the mortar way to tower or going the backroute way to tower both have their disadvantages and advantages depending on how you use it. As long as you get the tower everything is ok.

------------

There are multiple ways to get on tower and do your thing, but the key in kaukasus and any other map for that matter is not to simply get into the capzone, its stopping defenders from being able to return to the capzone as well. Kaukasus is an unbalanced map but atleast getting the cap of tower is doable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for my skill level, I would bet my house that I would destroy each and every one of you with a bolt action. My team won WCG for Counter Strike in my country and was considered to be one of the best in my country for several different FPS's. The point of the matter is that I think I was not kidding myself when I considered myself as one of the best bolt action players in COD 1 and when I came to RO, i struggled. Now if I struggled when I barely had an equal in COD 1 bolt action skills, does that not say that there is a problem here? Anyone who would like to me to prove my words, come play RO on the Gamearena 50 player server on the weekend :) I would love to meet my match :)

Sorry your giant Counterstrike/CoD e-penis didn't work in RO. It means nothing. The fact that guns don't work the same in every game isn't problem, it's a feature.

Upvote 0
Acting hard and saying it's easy to get kills with a bolt action on one of the most biased default RO maps just shows your immaturity boys, seriously.

As for my skill level, I would bet my house that I would destroy each and every one of you with a bolt action. My team won WCG for Counter Strike in my country and was considered to be one of the best in my country for several different FPS's... blah, blah, further braggart verbal diarrhea
Immature, indeed. :rolleyes: I don't think anybody cares about your Counter Strike achievements here.

Upvote 0
i think his country is the republic of dur.....i hear there's some quality cs players there :D

man did this topic get way off track, so back to the point of team swap at halftime......

with the latest news about team skill autobalance, halftime swapping actually seems like it could be implimented really well. if both teams were equally balanced and maps were played two rounds, a swap after the first round seems to be a good idea.

Upvote 0