• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zomg Clan - Outbreak Character Pack Review

Anzu

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
www.zomgclan.com
The Outbreak Character Pack for Killing floor comes with four new playable characters. Besides looking nice to other players (since this is first person and you cant even see your character skins) there is really no purpose to buying these characters. Out of the Four playable Characters, i feel that only two(three if I am feeling generous) are remotely cool looking.

List of Characters:
Agent Wilkes [url]http://store.steampowered.com/screenshot/view/1256/3/?size=1024[/URL]:
Publicly, Horzine Industries was hard at work fulfilling an MOD contract to develop the world's most advanced combat armor. Privately, they were cloning a subterranean army of violent and unfortunate looking servants. As Wilkes will testify, having found and liberated their Mark 7 suit, they were great at multitasking.

Foundry Worker Aldridge [url]http://store.steampowered.com/screenshot/view/1256/1/?size=1024[/URL]:
When you're being paid more than three times the expected salary for unskilled labor, you learn not to ask questions. When inhuman screams can be heard from further down the assembly line, you close the door and take lunch break. When the door flies off its hinges and a mangled combination of man and machine comes charging in - lunch break is over.

DJ Scully [url]http://store.steampowered.com/screenshot/view/1256/0/?size=1024[/URL]:
DJ Scully was AWOL from the military and spending his nights in the London underground spinning dark drum and bass, working under the table for the many clubs in London. During one of his sets he witnessed all his fans get shredded to pieces by a giant creature with flesh blenders for hands. These unfortunate events have thrust him back into the combat he was running away from.

Dr. Gary Glover [url]http://store.steampowered.com/screenshot/view/1256/2/?size=1024[/URL]:
As one of the only survivors from the Horzine Biotics Labs staff, Dr. Glover had a major hand in creating the horror that is now tearing London apart. As hard as he tries, he can't put this genie back in the bottle - not even with a double barreled shotgun.

Overall, i feel that Agent Wilkes looks too similar to the stock police officer/ and swat officer characters to be considered special. DJ Skully looks very bad *** and unique with his skull face mask. Dr. Gary Glover is the most unique because of his yellow haz-mat esque suit that makes him stick out from the crowd (but not to specimen NPC'S). Foundry Worker Aldridge is fairly decent alone, however compared to the rest his mask looks just like Dr. Gray Glover and his overall outfit is fairly plain.

Bottom Line: Although there is no real purpose to purchasing these characters; for only 1.99 which is mere pocket change to most people the real question is "Why not?" if its for bragging rights, or merely to be different from other killing floor users; For 1.99 why not pay to make your characters hands look different than anybody else and support the developers of such a good mod.

Visit us for more great material!

LOL WUT ?

A review XD

Some people can love the skin some can hate them ...

just watch them on the DLC page ....

I dont need a review about skin hahahaha and a late one XD
...or we could appreciate the work other people have done!

Anyway, thanks for the review, regardless of how necessary or not it may be.

Upvote 0
Bottom Line: Although there is no real purpose to purchasing these characters; for only 1.99 which is mere pocket change to most people the real question is "Why not?" if its for bragging rights, or merely to be different from other killing floor users; For 1.99 why not pay to make your characters hands look different than anybody else and support the developers of such a good mod.

Visit us for more great material!

Seriously, I wont visit you after reading such things.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I didnt not read it fully apparently idk wtf he mean by make your hand look different lol? just when wielding a gun? idk thats stupid. but they did make an awesome mod for Unreal and deserve $2 i will stand by that

I Underlined 2 part, mate.

Hey just a question ...

Do you reely know the difference between a mod and a stand-alone game ?

Finally...

Upvote 0
Wilkes not different from the others? He has a fascist helmet, a crazy gasmask, hard armor with blue camo. His darkness sucks all the light and your eyes towards him.

The real bottom line is this is one of the best things to happen to killing floor. Aldridge is fantastic, same for the other 2. I can hardly see myself going back to the originals. I love Gary's bright yellow. Every game needs a standout character, even if it is completely ridiculous. DJ Scully adds variety by being hte only one not directly related to containing or creating the mess.

Upvote 0
This was originally a mod for Unreal, and it was made into a standalone game. Just like Garry's Mof for hl2. Even though it is a standalone game now, it is still a mod and runs off the Unreal engine.

The Outbreak Character Pack is not a product for the mod version, however, it is a product for the retail version. The fact that you can still go download the mod version has no relevance to your "review" of the character pack.

You said "they" made a great mod. Tripwire didn't make the mod. They bought the rights to the mod, re-did the textures, skins, and lots of other things and ported it to Red Orchestra, but the mod was not originally made by Tripwire.

All this thread has done is make me want to avoid any more of your "great material".

Last edited:
Upvote 0