• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Cancel AUTO-RELOADING !!

agreed!

agreed!

I have died countless times while helplessly watching my toon shove cartridges into the hunting shotgun while wanting to pull out pretty much just ANYTHING else :)

The way it works now, it should be click when empty to reload, like the other weapons, whats up with this obsessive-compulsive reloading...

Apart from the hunting shotgun you do have to click while the clip is empty, but when there's a FP storming you and you empty your dual handcannons at him you are pretty likely to click that one time too many.

There should be a toggle autoreload on/off for those of us that just want it to leave us alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more!

Couldn't agree more!

Just yesterday I was playing a match on hard with my hunting shotty, I had low health and there were about 2-3 gorefasts, I killed two of them with the two shots and then when I tried to switch to my pistol to headshot the other gorefast, my shotty started reloading! I'm only level 2 (soon to be level 3!) so it takes a little while, and sure enough, I die.

This is really annoying, TWI, please get rid of this!

Upvote 0
Carrying multiple weapons is also a tactical decision; that's part of the encumbrance system. It gives you enough room to have an extra weapon for emergencies; not being able to break a long reload cycle in order to switch to your emergency weapon defeats some the purpose of allowing extra weapons for emergencies, and again, feels forced and artificial.

That's fine. If there is no auto-reload, you can just as easily switch to another weapon as you can hit the reload button. However, if you hit the reload button instead of switching to another weapon and that gets you killed, that's your fault. You made the tactical decision to reload instead of switching weapons.

My point is that the auto-reload removes that decision if you accidentally click "fire" one too many times. An automatic function making a tactical decision for you is a bad thing, IMO.

L4D having a crosshair is unrelated to the topic at hand.

...so is L4D having cancelable reloads, which is what I was referring to. Both are unrelated to the topic at hand, which is exactly my point. Neither one of those design designs in L4D have anything with design decisions in Killing Floor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think auto reload should stay. The, oh crap there is a FP in my face and i have to reload, moments are what makes the game fun. Also, its suppose to be a team game, not rambo. If your on a good team and your in a jam they should be covering you anyways.

All the little 'annoying stuff' helps make the game challenging. If you have the devs change all this, the game becomes easy and boring.

Charge a FP with a HS and expect to instantly switch to another weapon to finish him off? Lame. Charge and die in reload? Deserved.

Upvote 0
I think auto reload should stay. The, oh crap there is a FP in my face and i have to reload, moments are what makes the game fun. Also, its suppose to be a team game, not rambo. If your on a good team and your in a jam they should be covering you anyways.

All the little 'annoying stuff' helps make the game challenging. If you have the devs change all this, the game becomes easy and boring.

Charge a FP with a HS and expect to instantly switch to another weapon to finish him off? Lame. Charge and die in reload? Deserved.

If a flesh pound is in your face and you are out of ammo in your clip, are you going to reload or switch to another weapon?

Upvote 0

For you, not for everyone. These fora wag the dog, since in general only serious, experienced and good players frequent them. And I don't match that equation. People have to realize that the average player is, well, average. You represent the high (and small) end of the bell curve.

Your wishes for the game make it too hard for normal people. Failure --> frustration --> fewer sales.
It is *much* easier to make the game harder: don't buy armor, FF > 50%, only buy ammo every other round, only use picked up armor/ammo/weapons, walk to the trader or throw away 1/2 your money.
None of which affects anyone but you and, indirectly, your team.

Imagine the excitement of only using found weapons, ammo and armor. What a rush. What will you have when Pat comes? "My nipples explode with delight." -- John Cleese using the bad English translation book.

Make it an option and everyone can have what they want.
Win, win vs win, whine.

cx

Upvote 0
An option for just one weapons which is actually the only true auto reloading weapon? Just set it like the bulp, so you can switch before it reloads oO All other weapons shouldnt make such problems.
But it bother alot anyway (like mentioned before), and no, im not playing on beginner or normal, most time hard and some sucidal games oO

Upvote 0
need autoreload option!!!

need autoreload option!!!

this game desperately needs an auto reload option

im sure it has been said many times, but here is what happens:

firing a magazine based weapon in short bursts, click mouse one too many times, begin slow *** reload animation which you are forced to watch in horror as you get chewed up.

add an auto reload option (checked by default, so nothing changes for those who like the current method)

players who go in and uncheck it are simply presented with a "click" sound when attack is pressed on an empty weapon. This gives a split second to decide if they really want to reload, or swap off to a different weapon.

everyone wins.

Upvote 0
Oh yes! Please make an option to enable/disable auto reloading.. This thing gets me killed so many many times... When running out of bullets I want to switch weapon, but no, sometimes (most of the time...) it just starts to auto reload, taking years to reload and I'm dead.

Please make an option for this I'm begging..

We lost a critical guy in a Hard game today because of a slip on my finger and I autoreloaded the AK. Couldn't switch to Bullpup to save him. :mad:

There's no way to script around it - we really do need a "no autoreload" option.

Upvote 0

10/10 would rage again.

Upvote 0
Please think about others and reduce your ridiculously large signature.

I could remake the signature to fit in the allowed parameters, it's 150x400px right?

And not necro a two-year old thread without including any real content in your post.

So we'll update our opinion on necrothreading then?

1. Don't start a thread when there's already a thread on the topic.

2. Use that thread instead.

3. Properly contribute to that thread when you bump it up.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0