• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KFS-DegenerationV2 - Single Player Thread

We seem to be having a growing amount of people with lag in one particular area.
For those of who it does lag on, can you please post the specification of your machine.

About 50% of people have reported no problems, and the other 50%... well. Pentium 1? lul!

Thanks! Oh, btw... Multiplayer version is about to go live!

Ok so I played v2 the the map and its has improved a lot. If the lag were ever to come up it would not last but a split second, which was hardly noticable to me. Thanks for having the ending. Now will this ending lead into a whole other map or are you just not saying anything at the moment?

Upvote 0
Just a heads up on this one guys.

V2 is the latest map for Degeneration

For the competition, there is a slighty edited version:

- Its called KFS-DegenerationSPV2C (competition edition )
This was just made for the removal of the real airline companies that are listed in the map.

You can download the competiton edition from the Moddb website.
But that is the only difference is a few textures replaced.

Upvote 0
I've been experiencing the specimen "kill stutter" on other maps while playing through some of the contest maps on Solo. I've noticed it's more apparent on some maps compared to others - it may be the size or custom resources that's the contributing factor. I noticed it the most while playing KFS-Degeneration and first though it was due to the Single Player gametype.

So far, I've tried: lowest/highest settings, tweaking settings with RivaTuner, disabling precaching, restoring defaults and deleting KillingFloor.ini and User.ini.

It is likely something to do with processing power and how the Unreal Engine 2.5 handles things (probably ignores graphics memory and tries to swamp the processor). As it's not optimised for multiple cores, most dual and quad cores are effectively single cores to the game.

I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2.4GHz per core. I'm wondering if forcing the game to use the least used core will improve performance.

Anyone not have this issue?

[Edit]
No change in making the game use one of the two cores. I've noticed it pauses for barely a second just before the specimen is attacked/dies. It's happening randomly in a space of 10 seconds, usually with 1/10 specimen. This issue may be confined to Solo, gonna try online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doing a bit of research into this myself,

I have no problem with freezing on my machine. I have not froze when shooting a specimen.
However, i would think the problem is with if your playing locally or off a dedicated.

In Multiplayer, i have seen less cases of "Stuttering" for the clients.
However, for those hosting, it is quite bothersum.

Playing SP mode, if you start the game without a intro, apparently, it doesnt freeze.

Upvote 0
I think the kill stutter only happens in Solo for me. I haven't experienced it at all in Multiplayer today (or before). I'll test running through without the intro though.

The stutter also happens with two other maps: KF-BellTolls (slight) and KF-WaterworksV2 (noticable), so it's not just a problem solely with the Degeneration map.

CacheSizeMegs (tried default and have it set to 256 presently) and turning off precaching had no effect on the issue. I've found precaching off is more of a performance hit during the game. Map loading times are fine with it enabled.

I'm not really bothered by the issue so much as it's confined to Solo with a few maps. I'll try playing around with the single player map and see if there's any servers running the multiplayer.

Upvote 0