• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

She is coming, you have been warned

Nostalgia is great and all but the new trader does fit in the new game-world a lot more than the odd-looking witch.

If the witch were more fitting in the current scenarios then Tripwire would have modelled the new trader more like her.

I don't like the way the trader teleports so I wish there were several traders, one for each trader-room, but that's really part of a different topic.

You know they don't teleport right? There's one trader in every trader room.

Upvote 0
The models are the same - thats what hes getting at.

So for all intent and purpose, she does appear to teleport. You never see her move, she seemingly just appears at each trader shop.

It would be nice to have a different model for each location definately.

no she doesnt teleport because there is always one in each shop, even when the shop is closed

she is patriarchs GF and doesnt agree with him so she secretly sells you weapons so you can kill his ˝children˝

when all the players die, she secretly collects all weaponry to sell to next guys who come

Upvote 0
Keyword being "appears"..

This changes the meaning of the sentence.

Im not claiming she does in fact teleport, im just saying that she essentially APPEARS to teleport given the same model appears in multiple locations and no movement from any one trader is seen at any time. Quite simple once you learn to read the words written in front of you and what they actually mean.

Pointless bickering anyway. And i stand by my initial thoughts on mutliple trader models, it fits far more than clones and identical quadruplets.. and certainly more fitting than a mysterious invisible roving trader. If she can move that unseen, then why the hell isnt SHE the one clearing up all the mess. ?

Upvote 0
Keyword being "appears"..

This changes the meaning of the sentence.

Im not claiming she does in fact teleport, im just saying that she essentially APPEARS to teleport given the same model appears in multiple locations and no movement from any one trader is seen at any time. Quite simple once you learn to read the words written in front of you and what they actually mean.

Pointless bickering anyway. And i stand by my initial thoughts on mutliple trader models, it fits far more than clones and identical quadruplets.. and certainly more fitting than a mysterious invisible roving trader. If she can move that unseen, then why the hell isnt SHE the one clearing up all the mess. ?

you do realize that in some places you can see the trader when the doors are closed

I dont know, but when my friend is looking at the trader in the church of westlondon and I am looking at her on the other side of map through the locked door, It doesnt even APPEAR to be teleporting

unless you assume she is teleporting back and forth so fast we dont notice

maybe its just you who think she APPEARS to be teleporting

maybe you should first learn to read what you are writting, and after that bash others for it

Upvote 0
the older trader fit with the atmosphere. youre killing these things in this scary evil place like biotics lab, or manor, the whole thing is just evil and sick. then you hear this cheery voice, "HEY BOYS, I HERD U LIEK DA BIG ONES!" and youre like, WTF was that?! you finally make it to this "trader" and youre greeted by this physically attractive woman decked out in stylish "combat"
gear whos probably never seen actual combat in her entire life.

the old trader on the other hand. mysterious, sinister, poorly dressed, quiet, simple hand gestures bla bla bla, she just totally fit with whats going on around you. shes not a part of the fight, and she doesnt pretend to be so. shes also not cheery or sexual, shes instead quiet and still.

i know of course that TWI wont just scrap the new trader like i want, but there should be the option to include the old trader within a map. no need for lines of dialogue, no need for animation work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no she doesnt teleport because there is always one in each shop, even when the shop is closed

You're being dense.

The trader is a made to look like and represent a fictional human who sells things. That human who sells things presumably moves around the map to her various shop locations while the players aren't looking.

He wasn't saying that the model is animated during the process of closing the shop and sneaking away to another shop, he was saying that the person represented by the model (the trader) seems to disappear and reappear elsewhere.

Upvote 0
you said she teleports around, she doesnt

Yes, you're right, 3D models that look like the fictional character called "The trader" don't really teleport, nor do they actually have anything to do with the shop mechanic. You can have no trader models in a map and the shops will still work fine. The voices-chat from the trader isn't really the trader, it's just things that a voice-actor recorded and is being played back in the game.

Ok, and the specimens aren't really lab experiments, they're 3D models with skins designed by people at Tripwire interactive. They aren't being cloned in a lab, they're just spawned out of nothingness in 3D volumes designated for the purpose by the map designers.

You don't start the level by being dropped off from a helicopter, you are actually just spawned where the map designer says to spawn players, and then a skinned 3D model that looks like a helicopter flies off and is de-spawned after reaching a certain distance out of sight according to a script written by people at Tripwire Interactive.

The weapons aren't really weapons, they're models with skins designed by people at Tripwire Interactive with associated scripted behavior.

You're not playing a human, you're playing a collection of information associated with a 3D model and skins designed by people at Tripwire Interactive.

All the maps aren't real places, they're just 3D spaces designed by people at Tripwire Interactive that are inhabited by other 3D models moving around in a way defined by the game code and player interaction.

Do you see how silly you're being yet, or shall I continue?

Reactions: Extreme_One
Upvote 0
We should boycott the new trader so the devs make a new one or make a better version of the old one.

thats exactly what im doing. im hoping more ppl wil use the old traders static mesh so TWI will give in to our demands. it appears that TWI was originally going to continue using the old trader, but with a better skin of course. here is the skin:

katianatrader.jpg

but it appears as though after making the skin, they scrapped the idea and went for a entirely different trader (i dont know why). but obviously though in the beginning they intended on bringing back the old trader, or Katiana as she is labeled as.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD TRADER! she fits KF's theme PERFECTLY!:

katianatrader01.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm all for bringing back the old trader. The new one is annoying beyond words.

I also find it hilarious and mindboggling how Emo666 completely missed the point on the whole teleport thing, and bashed others despite repeated explanations. I don't post very often, but I've been lurking the forums a bit, and I don't think I've ever seen the dude post without getting into some kind of argument XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0