• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon request

Weapon request

• p 90

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • minigun

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • beefeater halbred

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • trench knuckles

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • mg42

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Drugnov

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • PLR-16

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MP5

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters
You say you just want to add flavor to the game, but I don't want to sit at the trader deciding, "Oh which rifle should I get, they all seem the same to me but I'm not sure." Rainbow 6 gets away with if because it's a game based on realism and tactic where you can choose your loadout long before you see action.

And on hard or suicidal 6 players lined up with flamethrowers wont get as far as you think.

Your main argument seems to be "Options, options, options" in hindsight you'll realize it'd mess up the game. I don't want to be bogged down with choosing a gun. I want to buy my crap, get out, and set up a defensible point.

Upvote 0
You say you just want to add flavor to the game, but I don't want to sit at the trader deciding, "Oh which rifle should I get, they all seem the same to me but I'm not sure." Rainbow 6 gets away with if because it's a game based on realism and tactic where you can choose your loadout long before you see action.

And on hard or suicidal 6 players lined up with flamethrowers wont get as far as you think.

Your main argument seems to be "Options, options, options" in hindsight you'll realize it'd mess up the game. I don't want to be bogged down with choosing a gun. I want to buy my crap, get out, and set up a defensible point.

Then your same experience with flamethrowers on hard could be used for miniguns on hard. Hence, point proven.

Unless you are mentally handicapped and have a hard time reading more than a few words within a minute, I highly doubt having more options would "mess up the game". As it is stands, I personally know exactly what I'm going to start the next wave with, unless I happen to want to experiment a bit. In which case, I still have plenty of time to choose.

If you want to argue sometimes you don't get there with enough time..well, you aught to be planning on your way there. Saying variety is a bad idea because it gives players too many options is insanity.Variety and options is all games have started to become about lately. No one plays a linear game with one gun, when they can have many paths and many guns to choose from.

A weapon with less damage than the bullpup? Nobody's going to bother.

As for the penetration, how is 5.7x28 going to penetrate better than 5.56x45?

it's a low velocity round made specifically to penetrate body armor. And I'm talking plates, not second chance vests.

Upvote 0
I love almost all of the suggestions on this list (the minigun is too overused in my opinion. Then again, so is the katana and the AK-47). What I really want is some blunt melee weapons, like a sledgehammer. Don't get me wrong, slicing off heads is fun, but at some point it gets a bit tedious and sometimes you wish you could just cause their rotting heads to explode like cantaloupes without the use of some pussy firearm (Just joking y'all, I always buy a winchester or a Desert Eagle to handle the goddamn crawlers). What I would like in a future update is blunt melee weapons such as: a sledgehammer, a broken piece of pipe (a KF classic if you played the original mod), maybe an old mace (since we're getting into medieval weaponry in this suggestion thread), and possibly a police baton (this wouldn't really cause heads to explode, but it would definitely fit in the theme of KF)

Upvote 0
And yet 5.56 still penetrates better.

Depends on what your shooting at. A standard flak vest with mk4 plates can take at least two 5.56 (provided it's not in the exact same location) and probably 2 more lucky ones before it's useless.

Go find the ballistics data and tests with the 5.7 and I think you will be somewhat impressed. There's a reason purchasing the 5.7 pistol is illegal unless you are military or law enforcement.

Upvote 0
I really think that you guys are thinking too much in foreign weapons. Seriously, we already have the AK and katana. NO MORE FOREIGN WEAPONS. Weapons like P90 and MG42 are ok (though I think that MG42 should be replaced with the M249 SAW) but I don't see a G36C rifle posted up there. Replace Dragunov with the M21, British forces use that. If you want to look at pistols, M9s and USPs can be set with the same features.

Upvote 0
I really think that you guys are thinking too much in foreign weapons. Seriously, we already have the AK and katana. NO MORE FOREIGN WEAPONS. Weapons like P90 and MG42 are ok (though I think that MG42 should be replaced with the M249 SAW) but I don't see a G36C rifle posted up there. Replace Dragunov with the M21, British forces use that. If you want to look at pistols, M9s and USPs can be set with the same features.

The Winchester is essentially foreign too, and the m-9 is Italian. The desert eagle would be made either by Israeli arms or magnum industries, both foreign as well.

While your run of the mill copper or solider will not have access to many weapons, special ops teams get their hands on guns the world around to choose from. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case here, considering these poor bastages are getting dropped off to "contain" a site or "delay" a zed advance. Or just had their heli drop in the middle of BFE.

Still, If I could change the poll, I would have been a bit more generalized with things. Sniper rifle instead of drugnov specifically, smg instead of p90 and mp5. Etc etc

Upvote 0
My OP is Katana and ak47 great adds

If the Ak is what i would have it as, does more damage upclose and does more damage in burst shots. Then i would add m4 which would do more damage from afar, but would have a decent recoil.

i can't really complain about sword, i don't see how they can do wrong with it, but i would if i had the power to, add the ability to duel wield knives, would only make the knife faster, alt-fire would have the same damage as one knife.(maybe only making berserkers able to use it?)orr not :)

Upvote 0