• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF(S)-Degeneration

After you open the emergency door, it took me about 5 minutes to find my way through the next area. It's pitch black, flashlight doesn't work, and it's basically wonder around until you find a path. Can't even see your gun. And with no HUD, i couldn't tell what my health was at, so when a scrake popped out it killed me instantly :(

Other then that the start of the map was great.

Upvote 0
Apparently you can run out of battery in your flashlight...OMG I just learned something today you can run out of battery in your flashlight!!! I have a couple of things i noticed
1.The map is beautiful in fact it is some beautiful that my computer actually as to freeze the game in order to render the stuff ahead of me this is probably because i have turned precaheing off
2. Is there away to skip the opening cut scene after 4 or 5 viewing one right after another i just wanted to play the level
3. there is a bug that i found in the first wave that a gorefast spawns as a Skrake it has all of the sounds and effects of a gorefast but looks like a Skrake and it scared me at first
4. I kinda like not having the HUD i thought that was part of the design of the level it really put me on edge
5. The back story you added was great with the notes from the survivors was i nice little touch is there a little shout out to the original dev that i see?
6. I am having a problem once i get past the emergency exit am i supposed to un-weld something? (i don't want to give anything away if i am)
7.I also felt that the map was a little to linear for killing floor forcing you to go places rather than explore
8. All in all this is the kind of spit and polish that i would expect out of a major game developing companies like E.A. or valve

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently you can run out of battery in your flashlight...OMG I just learned something today you can run out of battery in your flashlight!!! I have a couple of things i noticed
1.The map is beautiful in fact it is some beautiful that my computer actually as to freeze the game in order to render the stuff ahead of me this is probably because i have turned precaheing off
2. Is there away to skip the opening cut scene after 4 or 5 viewing one right after another i just wanted to play the level
3. there is a bug that i found in the first wave that a gorefast spawns as a Skrake it has all of the sounds and effects of a gorefast but looks like a Skrake and it scared me at first
4. I kinda like not having the HUD i thought that was part of the design of the level it really put me on edge
5. The back story you added was great with the notes from the survivors was i nice little touch is there a little shout out to the original dev that i see?
6. I am having a problem once i get past the emergency exit am i supposed to un-weld something? (i don't want to give anything away if i am)
7.I also felt that the map was a little to linear for killing floor forcing you to go places rather than explore
8. All in all this is the kind of spit and polish that i would expect out of a major game developing companies like E.A. or valve

I agree with this and sorta fixed the problem with the specimen. It only lags a tiny bit and is almost un noticable. I kinda got confused to during a certain section and honestly thought I could not continue.

***SPOILER***

This happens during when you fill up the tank for the airplane. After you kill the wave and fill the tank up it doesnt seem to do anything. Is this the end of the beta or am I just not doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am going to assume noone has read thr readme file in with the map. Nor did they read the actual post where the link was.

Multiplayer version will be released tonight, with no cutscenes.

Thank you for your feedback. Its an interesting responce.
Can you please explain where you lag, and does it happen more looking at specific items?

I will change the layout of the area of the part where it IS confusing people.
Just wait for tonight, and il upload the V2, WITH THE FULL ENDING... providing i get enough feedback.
:)

Upvote 0
I am going to assume noone has read thr readme file in with the map. Nor did they read the actual post where the link was.

Can you please explain where you lag, and does it happen more looking at specific items?

Just wait for tonight, and il upload the V2, WITH THE FULL ENDING... providing i get enough feedback.
Here it is news so news, Super! Thanks! We look forward

Upvote 0

Well the lag for me at first was everytime I went to either shoot a specimen or melee them it would freeze up for about a minute or so. I went and did various things to fix this, like changing my details, textures, and such to low. It doesnt happen when you do anything else which is good. Other then me getting a tad confused and the lag I'm loving the map so far. Oh and yes the glitch with the scrake acting like a gorefast happens to me also. I found it pretty funny honestly XD. It only happens at the beginning as you exit the plane and the first wave comes.

I also messed around with the computer a bit and I got it down to a split second. I'm not sure what caused it. It would really happen with every other 5 or 6 specimen. Oh and thanks for the soon to come change. I honestly didnt have a clue or I wouldnt have said anything lol. Oh and I did read the read me to see if there was any mention of some slow downs and what not. You were probably directing that more towards the people who were talking about no multiplayer though lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

At that big hall, where half way an aircraft crashed in the building. Behind it are also alot of chairs and outside is alot of detail, which you can't see, but it's being rendered. And outside, on the airfield. Maybe some cull distance?

Maybe consider joining phase 2 and polish the map alot..?

Upvote 0
I dont understand why it freezes for some people.
Ive only ever seen it happen once, and that was at the "Security Tagging Gate"

Does it really freeze for 5 seconds? or are you exaggerating? 1 second? a split second?

Anyway, im editing the version now for people with lag. Adding in Anti-Portals where i can. Plus other reductions like textures, it seems some were still left without compression. Another graphics killing factor.

Upvote 0
I dont understand why it freezes for some people.
Ive only ever seen it happen once, and that was at the "Security Tagging Gate"

Does it really freeze for 5 seconds? or are you exaggerating? 1 second? a split second?

Anyway, im editing the version now for people with lag. Adding in Anti-Portals where i can. Plus other reductions like textures, it seems some were still left without compression. Another graphics killing factor.

Yes its very strange. I went in a few more times and found out that everytime is different oddly. Sometimes right when Im about to kill them it will freeze for up to 10 seconds and other times it will freeze for about 1.

I still havent found out what to do with the next part in the map but as far as I know that may just come in the next version XD. I do hope the freeze issue eventually gets cleared up though. It seems to be the real downer for the map.

Oh and another exploit would be the steel bars that hold up the hallway to the plane (idk the techinical term). You can start from the bottom and if done correctly you can get up to the third bar and the zeds have a hard time getting to you. This is in the last area where I got stuck at. If you need pictures I could try and get some posted today but as far as right now goes I'm a bit tired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have reduced the size of the map by 20mb. Compressed alot of textures.

Antiportals are helping out very nicely. I need someone to test with, please add me on Steam immediatly. First come first served.

I am also going to need a tester for the Multiplayer Version too.
Add me: jameslo30

The freezing problem seems to of gone now.

Great to hear KiCk3R! I will download again once I get to school. I will do some further testing in some areas as well to see if there is any other exploits/issues.

Upvote 0