• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Players should be warned that FF is on when they join a server.

Well, I have it in all-caps on my server name and then in the MOTD that pops up in front of people, but people still join completely unaware that FF is on.

So yeah, I agree. I quickly tire of having to tell everyone that joins that FF is on.

Of course, I think FF should be on by default, also. It's silly that a game like that has it off by default. It really hampers the overall skill level in the community and leads to sloppy playing.

Upvote 0
Wont work, believe me. Take a couple of mins to check out our server and look at the messages / warnings and consider how frequent they are. Now would you believe we still get "FF?" on a more than frequent occurrance despite the FF brain lasering by the admin messages. Blind / stupid / cant speak English / don't know how to open the console and read the comments (they do rattle by hence they are so frequent) who knows. The reality is unless two arms reach out of the monitor and grab the player by the neck, shake him violently while shouting "FF" anything TWI tries is not going to work.

Upvote 0
Wont work, believe me. Take a couple of mins to check out our server and look at the messages / warnings and consider how frequent they are. Now would you believe we still get "FF?" on a more than frequent occurrance despite the FF brain lasering by the admin messages. Blind / stupid / cant speak English / don't know how to open the console and read the comments (they do rattle by hence they are so frequent) who knows. The reality is unless two arms reach out of the monitor and grab the player by the neck, shake him violently while shouting "FF" anything TWI tries is not going to work.

Yeah, I played on your server and saw the multilingual constant "FF IS ON" spam and I'm not surprised at all that people don't notice.

A filter in the browser would be the best way, I think. Just have a checkbox that says "show friendly fire servers" and have it unchecked by default, since apparently Tripwire thinks FF should be off by default. That way, only people seeking out FF servers would see them. I, on the other hand, would keep it on all the time, since I only play on FF servers if I can help it.

I think a community of FF players should be built and this filter would be a good first step.

Upvote 0
How about people just learn to ****ing open their eyes ?

This sound lovely, but it'll never happen. How so many people manage to join a server with "(FRIENDLY FIRE)" in the title and not know that the server has friendly fire boggles my mind, but it happens regularly.

Unless there's significant negative reinforcement, some people will never learn to be aware and perceptive when it comes to many things, including picking a server.

As Anton LaVey said, "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful."

Upvote 0
Or, as it has has been suggested earlier a friendly fire filter and a small icon like the password protected one to the right in a server list, if somebody really does not get the point it is thier own fault if LAW rockets start homing in on them.

I think this make the most sense.
FF should default to being filtered out; only because so few players are used to FF being off.

cx

>>> Something Witty <<<

Upvote 0