• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper Rifle

I'd personally love to see the Crossbow replaced with a firearm that does the same job, maybe the SMLE.

And, considering how cheap the Crossbow is to a Level 5 Sharpshooter, maybe add a very expensive, very heavy, very powerful sniper rifle for later waves, like an AW50.

xbow already works as a very heavy and powerfull rifle

If I recall correctly than a lv5 sharpshooter only needs to shoot patriarch TWICE in the head with the xBow to make him run away in a 6-man team on SUICIDAL

Upvote 0
Finally a game that does not follow the stereotypes of FPS games. Crossbow is meant to be the most effective sharpshooter weapon and that is how it should be.

I am glad that they decided to create something original as a sniping tool. Crossbow even sounds much more cool than some over used cliche rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A friend of mine who's a die-hard sniper across most shooters would really appreciate just the aesthetic of a sniper rifle. Even with identical power, range, and speed to the crossbow, he just wants a rifle because it feels better. I told him to look for a custom model/sound to just replace the xbow. Is there something like that out there?

-Joker

Upvote 0
I know this is just me talking out of my ***... but why not axe the Xbow and put it the Barrett .50 rifle?

Since there is already the deagels, .50 cal, why not give them their big brother Mr. Barrett?

In order to not make it so powerful: the firing rate will be high, with only 5-7 rounds per mag, but the damage would be significantly lower than the Xbow. Also there would be massive recoil.

I.E. On solo suicide it takes only one well placed head shot with the Xbow to kill a Scrake. With the Barret, it would take 3.

Holding a nice big rifle just feels better than a crossbow.

Upvote 0
Though, this might be a better idea for the support class, I was thinking something along the lines of an elephant gun.

It uses solid slugs it would utterly decimate a line of clots, and possibly be able to kill a scrake in one headshot. However, we should by no means give them the option to fire both barrels at once because a) it would be way too overpowered and b) would be incredibly unrealistic (firing both barrels of a 12-guage double barrel hurts enough)

Upvote 0