• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Starship Troopers BETA

Turboz85[FIN]

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Finland
Map Name = StarShipTroopersB2 [My First Map in SDK]
Version = BETA 2.1 Final Beta
Skill Level= Designed for Hard\Suicidal
Description = Earth has lost connections to federal starship and you are part of the crew send to investigate problem
Traders = Kind of Witches you see when test xD

extra: I tried to create bright but scary evinroment, wich had to be hard enough to veteran players who has seen all kinds of map evinroments. This one is inspired by alien movies and other game evinroments as well, point was to make it different than other maps iv

Last edited:
THINGS TO LEARN:

1. learn to scale static meshes to appropriate size in relation to character
2. learn to pan textures using surface properties
3. learn to scale textures using surface properties

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:

1. give more thought to textures, explore what textures are available to you.
2. give more thought to static meshes, what fits and what doesnt fit?
3. give more thought to the flow of the map, areas to defend, etc.

PS: are 3 threads really necessary?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
reply to dextronaut

reply to dextronaut

ill try to make my best with textures i scaled them to match to evinroment and this is by theway my first map and im fixing and doing work for new version so if u can teach me how to do those things better u can contact me from steam and help me with those things ps:thanks for posting appreciated it :) and those 2 threads are old but from those, all who visited earlier can find link in this. I will delete them in one week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ill try to make my best with textures i scaled them to match to evinroment and this is by theway my first map and im fixing and doing work for new version so if u can teach me how to do those things better u can contact me from steam and help me with those things ps:thanks for posting appreciated it :) and those 2 threads are old but from those, all who visited earlier can find link in this. I will delete them in one week.

for scaling static meshes, right click the static mesh then under display you will have drawscale and drawscale3D.

if you want to make the object smaller or larger mess with drawscale, but if you want to make it wider, taller, etc, mess with drawscale3D (X,Y,Z, depending on which ever you want to mess with). this would be good to use for that no smoking static mesh you have on the wall, etc.

for panning, and scaling textures. right click the surface. then click surface properties. then go to this tab: pan/rot/scale. there you can mess with the panning (to align some textures like bricks etc), or you can rotate a texture, or you can scale it to make a texture look better/clearer/more detailed.

Upvote 0
Looks great! I'd love to dl it, but the link requires a password. Maybe I missed something?

i removed pass should work now there was somekind bug in file sharing :) + i added Soundtracks to level enjoy!
EDIT : made rar file Packed from 5.4Mb to 1.33Mb for faster DL, it has music list in StarShipTroopers.INT file Remember To put that in your killingFloor/system so u get music ---- and StarShipTroopers.Rom File to killing Floor/maps so it works. And there is Help For Install in rar package if needed

Last edited:
Upvote 0