• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reward for getting all the achievements?

I really like Battlefield 2142 reward/achievement system.

- Whenever you get a promotion, you can choose an item to customize your character with.
- Whenever you get an achievement, you get a good bonus to your promotion points.
- If you do not get any achievements, you will get a promotion anyway but it takes a bit longer.

I support this idea! How about a small 'experience' bonus for each achievement you get for the perk you get it with? (Did I spell it correctly?)

Upvote 0
I personally think only a idiot would do an achievement and want to get some ultra mega hax gun, if you want one, use the double barrel with support spec at 5. >.>

IF YOU DID COMPLETE ALL ACHIEVEMENTS I SAY, give them a sticker. put a little badge on the DR some name thingy on teh soldier etc. :/ and on DJ scully give him a sticker on his backpack :)

a weapon or skin is just too retarded. :/

Upvote 0
Weren't achievments in the good old days kind of:

"Ooh, this game is fun...Ooh, what's this, an achievment, I never knew I was going to get that."

Whereas nowadays its:

"Must...Get...Achievments...Don't...Know...Why...No...Benefit...Blurrghhh."

Well, thats what its like IMHO;).

I agree with your main point, but back in the "good old days" there were no achievements. There were high-score lists on arcade machine and there was bragging to your friends that you did something amazing (which may or may not be BS), but that's it. People mainly played games because they were fun, not as a way to get "rewards".

Achievements as an actual mechanic are a new phenomenon.

If you consider five years ago to be the "good old days", you're probably not old enough to be using a phrase like "good old days", IMO.

Upvote 0
Weren't achievments in the good old days kind of:

"Ooh, this game is fun...Ooh, what's this, an achievment, I never knew I was going to get that."

Whereas nowadays its:

"Must...Get...Achievments...Don't...Know...Why...No...Benefit...Blurrghhh."

Well, thats what its like IMHO;).

I'm not trying to be an arse hole, but I couldn't disagree more. The stupidity of your point, right next to Joker's is almost unbearable.

1st of all, Achievements are a goal you would want to achieve. It gives players an objective to try to complete in the game.

Your point is so biased, I just couldn't help but laugh. Just because YOU don't care about achievements, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

2nd of all, when I implied a extra weapon should be rewarded, did I say it was going to be over powered? No. It's just a special weapon, (whether shotgun, AR, SMG, Pistol.) similar to a special skin, it doesn't ruin anything.

3rd of all, what's wrong with getting something for getting all 43 achievements? I mean, that's hard work. If I were to base this situation on real life, a hard worker in a job usually gets a raise or benefit.

I'm starting to think just because you're not capable of doing such a feat, you don't want anyone else to. I mean, why else make that rant? Why would you contradict my idea/suggestion? I am trying to give the community something to strive for, and you're trying taking it away? Get off my thread if you're just going to make insightful retorts. Same goes for you joker.

What I wanted for this thread, was the community to discuss the reward, and not this load of crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not trying to be an arse hole, but I couldn't disagree more. The stupidity of your point, right next to Joker's is almost unbearable.

1st of all, Achievements are a goal you would want to achieve. It gives players an objective to try to complete in the game.

Your point is so biased, I just couldn't help but laugh. Just because YOU don't care about achievements, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

2nd of all, when I implied a extra weapon should be rewarded, did I say it was going to be over powered? No. It's just a special weapon, (whether shotgun, AR, SMG, Pistol.) similar to a special skin, it doesn't ruin anything.

3rd of all, what's wrong with getting something for getting all 43 achievements? I mean, that's hard work. If I were to base this situation on real life, a hard worker in a job usually gets a raise or benefit.

I'm starting to think just because you're not capable of doing such a feat, you don't want anyone else to. I mean, why else make that rant? Why would you contradict my idea/suggestion? I am trying to give the community something to strive for, and you're trying taking it away? Get off my thread if you're just going to make insightful retorts. Same goes for you joker.

What I wanted for this thread, was the community to discuss the reward, and not this load of crap.

I am now being an arse hole, your life must be sad as hell if you only play games for completion, ok, on many games it gives you a good play time, but seriously, why dont we all just play the ames to have fun and kill time, not to complete it at all costs!

Upvote 0
I am now being an arse hole, your life must be sad as hell if you only play games for completion, ok, on many games it gives you a good play time, but seriously, why dont we all just play the ames to have fun and kill time, not to complete it at all costs!

Want to tell that to millions of other people buddy? True gamers have fun, AND complete the games. If it's a good game, we don't play a little of it, and then dump it behind.

I can tell that you don't have a real gamer's passion.

Upvote 0