• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else just love being the last person alive while fighting the patriarch?

hajalie24

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Most of the time my teammates die from him and I'm the last one alive, usually after he heals maybe twice. I always choose to be a level 5 medic just incase this happens so he can't get me when he charges. (I play on normal most of the time). Once everyone is dead I get no people getting in my way while trying to fire a rocket, causing me to lose all my armor. Then when I'm done everyone's like "omg u are epic" not knowing how simple it is.

i actually have the opposite happen, all my pussy wussy teamates are running for thier lives and im there feeding the patty my double barrel shotgun up his arse, not surprisingly i die first, and the running bstards die one by one after that... you almost seem like one of those runners to me, specially because you mention rockets, which is the shoddiest weapon for the patty, be a man grab some dual hcs, a cbow, chainsaw or a double barrel...

Upvote 0
I got him once as last man standing as a level 2 or 3 commando (normal), on offices. It was a long fight through which I found a much needed kevlar vest twice, and used a few discarded LAWs. Kev still had a heal left and it was most rewarding to dodge his attacks and eventually win despite not having the medic speed boost. On offices, he isn't quite as efficient getting you on the stairwells and I managed to successfully fight him on level 3 and the rooftop.

Upvote 0
i'm almost always the first to die when i play on hard/suicidal........i swear he targets the level5 firebug first because he knows that is the biggest threat!! while i've got him burning, the other 5 numbskulls are just standing there captivated by the beauty of a crazy speciman on fire! :rolleyes:

you will find some good teams though who know what they are doing. just always play on hard or suicidal. the best team i've played with so far was on suicidal on offices.......we came really close to beating him too, down to the last heal and the last man with his shotgun

Upvote 0
Not really. I like having my teammates around to enjoy the victory with me. It also makes things easier and less chance of wiping when he pulls that BS where he melees you and then immediately swaps to the chaingun. <_<

I did get him a few times though, notably on KF-Doom-2. He cloaked and tried to run while low on health. I, being a Commando, could see him and was feeling rather brave.

So I storm around the corner after him, empty my Bullpup into his back as he stops, pull out my Handcanons and empty them into him.

Que ZED-time glory as his arm and leg fly off. :D

Upvote 0
I prefer a game where everyone is alive when the Patriarch falls. Much more rewarding in my experience. :rolleyes:

I have tried playing medic with a LAW against Patriarch. I noticed I will usually be the last man standing because I have to keep my distance to him to avoid blowing up. Of course, I would probably be better off with some other weapon, especially on Friendly Fire servers, but I am still playing on servers with no Friendly fire enabled and I like the big "boom" it makes so there. :p
If my teammates have been doing their work and unloading their weapons into Patriarch like they should, I will be able to get 2 rockets off in that time before he decides to take off, one when he appears and second when he gets stunned and decides to start pegging for it. Of course, I will have to avoid doors like plague with LAW so it is a major drawback with it. :p

I will yet have to experiment with the medic and the Crossbow-combo if that is any better.

Upvote 0
OP sux at this game

thats why teams lose, because of pussy medics and LAW users

you seem to be combined both

if everyone takes xbow + dual HCs as sharpshooter or
hunting shotty + dual HCs as support
you get a win right there

it only takes 2 xbow headshots to make him kneel and run away at just lv3 sharpshooter on normal/hard, most likely 2 or 3 shots on suicidal

so yeah, it takes 8 headshots with xbow on normal/hard in a 6-man team

so yeah, 2 or 3 skilled sharpshooters + 3 or 4 supports = gg on patriarch at any difficulty

but when you get a stupid person shooting LAWS + making smoke, us (aka good players) cant see pat and cant headshot him

srsly its better using a peashoter bullpup or lever-action rifle than LAW

its slow, weak, makes annoying smoke and noobs most likely blow themselves with it

Upvote 0
at you people saying I don't support my team, am I supposed to run and try to heal the person getting shot by the chaingun? Cause most of the time they still try to fire at him instead of finding cover. And to the person above me u can't say someone sucks without even playing with them, seriously. Almost everytime I play I get the most kills and I stay alive to fight the Patriarch.

And I don't always grab laws, sometimes I grab flamethrowers and the hunting shotgun, though even though I'm a level 5 support, I can't risk my team dieing and have to choose medic because most of the time my teammates die.

Upvote 0
OP sux at this game

thats why teams lose, because of pussy medics and LAW users

you seem to be combined both

if everyone takes xbow + dual HCs as sharpshooter or
hunting shotty + dual HCs as support
you get a win right there

it only takes 2 xbow headshots to make him kneel and run away at just lv3 sharpshooter on normal/hard, most likely 2 or 3 shots on suicidal

so yeah, it takes 8 headshots with xbow on normal/hard in a 6-man team

so yeah, 2 or 3 skilled sharpshooters + 3 or 4 supports = gg on patriarch at any difficulty

but when you get a stupid person shooting LAWS + making smoke, us (aka good players) cant see pat and cant headshot him

srsly its better using a peashoter bullpup or lever-action rifle than LAW

its slow, weak, makes annoying smoke and noobs most likely blow themselves with it

Us good players... http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984976297/stats/KillingFloor

Yea you're good!

Upvote 0
I used to solo the patty all the time with lvl 5 medic, but I only go medic now if I know my team wont make it. If I have a good team I'll go lvl 5 support, with HS and help weld him in. As medic I used the LAW as well because I could keep my distance and still help heal when others got to close. I got most of my thin-ice achievement from my solo patty games.

Upvote 0
The most fun you will have is when everyone splits up and goes to find a place to hide. guaranteed you won't win but that is the point, it is exhillerating playing a hide and go seek game where you die and almost piss your pants. If you are playing West London and you go into the dark police station by yourself, i assure you, you will be scared out of your mind. It's great changing the game up sometimes.

Upvote 0
Most of the time my teammates die from him and I'm the last one alive, usually after he heals maybe twice. I always choose to be a level 5 medic just incase this happens so he can't get me when he charges. (I play on normal most of the time). Once everyone is dead I get no people getting in my way while trying to fire a rocket, causing me to lose all my armor. Then when I'm done everyone's like "omg u are epic" not knowing how simple it is.
Well - or you could help your team to actually kill patriarch? I find too many players in this so-called co-op game to be very ego... ;)

IF you pick medic I hope you play your medic AS A MEDIC. That is - prio to keep the real DPS alive first, hurting the patriarch second. Healing people that get hit and are in the danger zone of dying. Even using yourself and your improved armour perk as a meat shield to save a team member that just got hit by melee, too far from cover - and will be wasted by the chaingun unless YOU, the medic, save him.

If not - play a class that deal more damge than a medic - so you actually contribute to force patriarch to his knees before anyone dies.

ONLY time i see it fit to pick medic for the purpose of kiting is if you can commit the whole team to kite (and that the map support it - London for example). That they pick long range weapons (xbow and not hunter shotgun) and probably pick berserkers or medics for the faster movement and extra protection or maybe sharpshooter for the extreme xbow damage from long range.

Don't base your strat around everyone else dying just to show off your larger e-pen while everyone else are waiting for your to finish your solo kite run 5 minutes later. Epic fail(tm).

Last edited:
Upvote 0