• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will we see from RO:HoS at GamesCom 2009?

"RO:HoS will be released soon very soon (and if not some other time)"

This year? ;)

I hope GamesCom will bring some decent news and that satisfy all RO fans (US :D). Right now good thing is 1C, they are known by realesing realistic, non-bad titles (Theatre of War 1&2, IL-2). I'm sure RO:HoS is in good hands.

I'm still afraid of console version of RO2. It might push developers to simplify gameplay, make game unrealistic for pad-users and makes RO:HoS for mass-users (like CoD series) where thinking is less important than shooting. That will be veeeery bad for RO fans if that happend (hope NOT and that are only mine thoughts and fans get what they expect - new RO, not another CoD-like production).

Upvote 0
This year? ;)

I hope GamesCom will bring some decent news and that satisfy all RO fans (US :D). Right now good thing is 1C, they are known by realesing realistic, non-bad titles (Theatre of War 1&2, IL-2). I'm sure RO:HoS is in good hands.

I'm still afraid of console version of RO2. It might push developers to simplify gameplay, make game unrealistic for pad-users and makes RO:HoS for mass-users (like CoD series) where thinking is less important than shooting. That will be veeeery bad for RO fans if that happend (hope NOT and that are only mine thoughts and fans get what they expect - new RO, not another CoD-like production).

TWI have proven that they can do more than 1 game, so if they want to make a console game it does not necesarily mean its gonna be RO, I think the wisest thing is to keep RO on PC (where it belongs)

Upvote 0
it would only make sense to make a console game as well tbh.
Although i hope they wont start development till after the pc release.

I mean they could probably use a lot of the pc just tweak them a bit for consoles, as long as maps are not designed for consoles im ok with it. i dont care either if the sp is designed for the consoles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
game could be exactly the same for PC and consoles......so long as the console supports UT3 with keyboard/mouse and console players will use them instead of attempting to use a controller with no crosshairs and freeaim :D

nah, just let them use the controllers, maybe then they'll finally learn that keyboard + mouse is superior in every way

Upvote 0