• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor comic book

Deniz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
I noticed the drawings of the new characters on the Steam Store KF DLC page and I liked them. TWI should consider creating a (short) comic book about the events in KF which could be downloaded if you own the game via Steam or something.

i've heard of the word kitschy being used, but not too familiar with its actual meaning. i googled it and the definition says it's a german and yiddish word "denoting art that is considered an inferior, tasteless copy of an extant style of art or a worthless imitation of art of recognized value"

from what i understand, the colloquial use for it is any art that gives you a sentimental feeling? i'm not too sure if they'll make a comic for this game. but i can make one for you, if you want.

Upvote 0
A textbook definition would imply that the term is negative, but an example of kitsch would be like poodle skirts and leather jackets representing the 50s, or tikis and coconuts representing Polynesian culture. Like it's not the real thing, but you still get that feeling and atmosphere, sometimes more so than if you had the actual items.

Upvote 0
ok. thanks.

to ts, i'm going to do a comic . hopefully it'll be brilliant. edit: done...

213 presents killing floor:the comic

gentlemen! as you all know, yesterday, london was overun by clones illegally bred inside horzine laboratories. you are tasked with eradicating the hostile presence. bombardment and airstrike are currently underway, and in less than an hour we will be deep inside zombie territory on a sanitation mission. civilian rescue is not a priority. all threats are to be dealt with as efficiently as possible.
new002d.jpg

also, representatives at horzine have recommended one of their top agents to be included into the mission:
new004q.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok. thanks.

gentlemen! as you all know, yesterday, london was overun by clones illegally bred inside horzine laboratories. you are tasked with eradicating the hostile presence. bombardment and airstrike are currently underway, and in less than an hour we will be deep inside zombie territory on a sanitation mission. civilian rescue is not a priority. all threats are to be dealt with as efficiently as possible.
new002d.jpg

also, representatives at horzine have recommended one of their top agents to be included into the mission:
new004q.jpg

lol at the second picture with the nipples

Upvote 0
1.lieutenant, there has been reports of strange occurrences two blocks down. we have sighted a mysterious man wearing what appears to be high tech pectoral armor and a metallic thong. he's aslo using a katana, please advise on appropriate course of action.

new002d.jpg

2.roger that, powers. i want you and your squad to make contact and determine whether he's friend or foe....wait, what was that noise? looks like our subject is approaching us. be prepared to fight!

3.lower your weapons, gentlemen, this is agent wilkins of horzine industries, this strange contraption that's 50 lbs of alloy and kevlar is a prototype armor i found deep inside horzine labs. as you can see, the kevlar cod piece is sewn directly onto my crotch-point and provides superior protecion against shrapnel, fire and slashes.

new004q.jpg

Upvote 0
I'd be willing to do it, I got a lot of free time but not sure if i can draw well enough...plus tripwire might sue me if i sold it which isnt in my greatest interests...to show you strangers my style, i could show you the comic im working on already...just one pic...thats all you get...because i dont want to show too much before released....

http://art.ngfiles.com/images/9/amorite911_i-draw-dead-people.jpg

i know its not the best but i got a long way to go before im as good as mcfarlane of liam sharp.

Upvote 0
I think this would make a good webcomic.

213: Some very nice scetches you have in there, it would be interesting to see the final comic. What is your progress status?

Butterbiscuit, that is a very decent illustration you linked there, and a comic drawn with that style would be great.

Hmm... Maybe TWI should start a short story competition where anyone could post fan fiction to base a comic on. *idea*

Upvote 0
ok. thanks.

new002d.jpg

new004q.jpg

The dialog definitely sounds a little too American. Like it was an American army breifing. Love the idea but maybe you should use some of the dialog seen in game. It is set in Blighty remember! :D

Upvote 0