• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Flashlight glitch on static meshes

Corwin

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
shot00045afv.jpg

On all my custom static meshes, the flashlight behaves strangely. It displays a sort of cross around the center and these green/white beams go quite far on each side (and up/down). It does not happen with BSP though, but even if I aim at the BSP, I can still see these beams on the nearby static meshes. For instance, if the floor is BSP and the walls SM, pointing the lamp at the floor looks ok, but I can still see the glitch on the wall. It also does not only happen with my own SM, but with KF stock models aswell.
Also, I should mention that there's nothing like that happening in the original KF levels.

Anybody encountered this issue? I don't know if it's related, but I reduced the bloom to be almost non-existent when I started my map. Luckily it's pretty bright and shouldn't need flashlights, but I'd still like to get rid of the problem before I release it.

Last edited: