• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Awesome idea

Awesome idea

i was hoping you could: like he said, drag and drop some of your own music into the folder, i'm guessing it would have to be ogg, and you could keep the original music also, since i know its a random music selection system, it would randomly play your music and the official ones. i hope it would accept mp3's or wav's because i dont have a converter. so if you would add your music, you could eventually add a large stinkin' pool of music to the game. Maybe also some server side extra music or something. This would add great simple variety to the game (something it desperately needs)

Upvote 0
So I've heard of this thing called iTunes, I don't know about you guys, but I play music in the background without any hassle.

@Templarion - Best keep your techno to yourself, for your music doesn't even match the genre of Killing Floor. Consider iTunes maybe?

If you want to have Killing Floor music in the mix (And look the songs you want) you can always download their Audio files. Some Youtube guy posted links.

Upvote 0
As far as I know the engine supports one (the same as in UT2004) but you have to pay a certain license fee if you make players able to play mp3s. I think they just thought it isn't worth it.

This is the PC afterall. It's nice if a console game has some sort of functionality that allows you to play your own music, but on the PC nothing prevents you from muting the ingame music and have a music player running in the background.
It's a different story if it's integrated into the game like the radio station in GTA but a mere bare-bones player like the one in UT2004 is really not necessary.

since i know its a random music selection system, it would randomly play your music and the official ones.
Mappers set which tracks are played in what situation. It's not random.
If you want to replace the ingame music you have to replace it (which is entirely possible and does not break online compatibility). Simply adding to it is not possible unless you edit the maps as well (which does break online compatibility).

Upvote 0
@Templarion - Best keep your techno to yourself, for your music doesn't even match the genre of Killing Floor.
Everyone has their own taste. I think hard-noise/industrial suits well in gore-filled games and when I compare those two to the original music I think they are quite close of each other.

xjames0x said:
I disagree I think that music really suits it. Also You guys could download a mp3-Ogg converter.
If you liked them and you are searching for more background music, I recommend to try Velvet Acid Christ and Wumpscut.

...but on the PC nothing prevents you from muting the ingame music and have a music player running in the background.
True. I have not used the original music for a long time. WinAmp does it's job.

Upvote 0
@Templarion - Best keep your techno to yourself, for your music doesn't even match the genre of Killing Floor. Consider iTunes maybe?

PRO TIP: Not all electronic music is techno.

The original Killing Floor music has electronics in it--is it techno too?

Unter Null is definitely not techno. She's cool. I used to know Erica when she was just starting out. She'd probably kick your *** for calling her stuff techno, also.

In any case, it's probably a lot better than whatever you listen to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you liked them and you are searching for more background music, I recommend to try Velvet Acid Christ and Wumpscut.

VAC is kind of meh, but :W: is great. 'War' would be a great track for KF. Or 'Soylent Green'.

Or some of Combichrist's harder stuff.

Any power-noise, industrial, or hard EBM would work.

Ministry would fit really well also.:D

Upvote 0