• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dlc???

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLC stands for "Downloadable Content", note it says nothing about "Payware" in that discription, then it's referred to as "Payware-DLC".

It's been discussed before, and the word from TWI is that they have no current plans to make anything payware, and that we will be informed at some time why that "DLC" tab is there.

My own guess is, they will be using it for their mapping contest to make the contestant maps easilly avalible for download, but that's just a guess on my part.. ;)

Upvote 0
it's gonna be paid for. you can tell with the way twi answers questions about dlc. they always say updates and maps and the like are going to be free. they never say EVERYTHING is going to be free. whatever they're planning to put in the dlc sounds like it's going to be paid for. only time will tell if it's worth it.

Upvote 0
it's gonna be paid for. you can tell with the way twi answers questions about dlc. they always say updates and maps and the like are going to be free. they never say EVERYTHING is going to be free. whatever they're planning to put in the dlc sounds like it's going to be paid for. only time will tell if it's worth it.

Well, if it

Upvote 0
"DLC" didn't become synonymous with "$$$" until digital delivery systems deployed on popular platforms started charging users for content. The term itself is very neutral. It simply means content acquired digitally rather than off the shelf.

still, no one on twi has said the dlc will be free. they just mention updates will be free. this leaves people guessing.

Upvote 0
DLC stands for "Downloadable Content", note it says nothing about "Payware" in that discription, then it's referred to as "Payware-DLC".

It's been discussed before, and the word from TWI is that they have no current plans to make anything payware, and that we will be informed at some time why that "DLC" tab is there.

My own guess is, they will be using it for their mapping contest to make the contestant maps easilly avalible for download, but that's just a guess on my part.. ;)

The catch here is, if they're not willing to sell it they wouldn't put a "DLC" tab. They would simply include them in a update, just like RO did. It would be pointless to make a free content update "optional".

Also, they will never put custom maps on Steam; because AFAIK hosting content on Steam costs them money. They will most likely include the winning and notable maps after the contest through a update.

Upvote 0
They've said something like "if anything costs money, it will be worth it". They're not going to charge money for a couple of maps or anything like that.

I personally wouldn't mind paying a few euros for a decent single-player or co-operative story-driven campaign.

Converting all the mod maps to the retail would be a good thing. But I wouldn't want to pay for additional maps or a few new guns like EA did with Battlefield 2.

Upvote 0
I personally wouldn't mind paying a few euros for a decent single-player or co-operative story-driven campaign.

Converting all the mod maps to the retail would be a good thing. But I wouldn't want to pay for additional maps or a few new guns like EA did with Battlefield 2.

The saddest part of that is that in BF2, even if you didn't pay for the new guns, other folks could still use them. And they were typically of far better quality than the 'default' guns, so whoever paid for them got a BIG advantage. Kinda made me sick, really...

I sincerely doubt Tripwire would do something like that...

Upvote 0
The saddest part of that is that in BF2, even if you didn't pay for the new guns, other folks could still use them. And they were typically of far better quality than the 'default' guns, so whoever paid for them got a BIG advantage. Kinda made me sick, really...

I sincerely doubt Tripwire would do something like that...

OT: Funny that, in Bf2, 2142 and Bad company i've found most of the default weapons are perfectly balanced against the defaults (The unlocked scoped rifles still require 2 shots to kill etc) strange that.

Upvote 0
While I agree a lot of points in this thread are valid the way "DLC" is thrown around here almost sounds like an accusation. If it is indeed to be paid for, which according to reliable sources it will most probably not be, so be it, I can guarantee it will be worth it. If it is free indeed then the only thing you're doing here is ruining your own mood by meaninglessly complaining.

So before that happens, let's just wait and see till the moment is indeed there okay?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.