• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About those locked player skins (and skins in general)

Deniz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
No this is not a thread about how to unlock them etc. I saw these skins online the other day, some people joined my server and were using them. I honestly don't care about how they unlocked them. I just wanted to say... These skins are ugly. Seriously... The skull head skin looks like a wanna be skater / teenager and the hazmat suit guy ewww... I never liked the current soldier skins anyway but they are better than those locked ones. I'd have prefered a badass looking skin like the supersoldiers in F.E.A.R. - or some kind of elite force skin with a badass voice or something.

One thing I love about TWI (especially in KF) is the weapon models and sounds. They rock and it's awesome to use them. You can really feel the shotguns in KF for example. They don't look and feel like plastic toys.

But then you have the player models... Oh well. Just wanted to say I'm not feeling impatient to be able to use them.

Last edited:
One thing I love about TWI (especially in KF) is the weapon models and sounds. They rock and it's awesome to use them. You can really feel the shotguns in KF for example. They don't look and feel like plastic toys.

But then you have the player models... Oh well. Just wanted to say I'm not feeling impatient to be able to use them.

IMO, it's better than the reverse of this: Left 4 Dead has crappy, overly-generic weapons that feel like BB Guns yet more detailed player models...

The Hazmat one isn't bad, though he DOES look like a Bloat to the point that when a bot uses that skin in a game, the players usually headshot him by accident.

And I can see the Skull Mask guy being WAY overused by all the "Skate punk" wannabes...

The normal ones are good and give it a way more 'military' feel than Left 4 Dead and similar games have with the lame 'Survivors'.

Upvote 0
The skins are pretty good, but there's just too few of them. Everyone has to use those soldier skins.

Not even 1 female skin! Cmon, girls can play games too. I don't understand this discriminating. If TWI doesn't like girls then make it public - tell people this is male-game only.

And voices? That's like the easiest thing in making a game. But there's like only 1 voice for all characters.
In ut2004 characters had different voices, and you could even choose what voice you want to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I do prefer a 'weapons re-fresh' every now in then to bring my interest back into play with weapons, but I don't care for that.

The secret has been leaked to many, many people on how to 'unlock' the skins. I kept it secret, but I cannot choose that decision to those who love to talk.

The skins in my opinion, are okay, except the skater skin. I have a hate towards 'posers', 'emo', etc., type of scene crowd, I suppose. Of course that is just my opinion, but I am sure that I am not the only one.

Upvote 0
Yea.. your pretty right about it.

i prefer a bad *** special forces to.. its just better than these cracka soldiers.

and 1 more thing is about the trader - SHE SUCK, well since i got used listen to this ***** i dont care.. but her voice and her look is piece of crap and i would appreciate TWI to dismiss her.

Upvote 0
Look anything that has "I'm on a boat" on their costume is way too over powered and needs to be nerfed! This is clearly game breaking!

Although being in a clean suit and getting on top of a helicopter and yelling "THIS IS CHANNEL 4 NEWS EYE IN THE SKY!" is also pretty damn entertaining.

Upvote 0
I like how, out of the 4 or so actual skins we have (since a couple are "big helmet/no helmet" variants) you guys are already going off about how it's going to get overused. Because we have such an overwhelming selection already, how dare those trendy pukes use the one that actually stands out in a good way, right?

Everyone is a trendy schmuck. Except the person doing it right at that moment. Personally, I like Skully because he has a backpack and it rounds out his silhouette nicely. And I like the idea of a survivor more than a crack military/police squad or a guy in an unwieldy biohazmat suit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think of Dj skully as angerfist imposter lol xD
angerfistakahollandshardest5bx.jpg

and the hazmat guy isn;t too bad its just you shoot him in the distance because you think he's a bloody bloat...

something like this
hazmat.jpg
compared to ingame is ok too me and that's what the game character looks like so I think KF did ok :)

Upvote 0