• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank wreckages

Due to historic facts of using tank wrecks in combat I posted suggestion to make it in next game too. Dont try to find logic in this, read books and try to understand why soldier of all WW II armies used tank (if tank is not crushed to pieces ) wrecks as MG, gun, supply ... positions

sources?

as i allready said, its a fact that tank wrecks were used to some extent, but only if they were between the lines, ie as a foward observer position or something similar

and they only used them if they were knocked out a few hours/days ago

so please post your sources, as i have yet so read anything about a tank getting knocked out and a squad of regular infantry hopping in a few minutes later to operate it again

Upvote 0
its a well known fact that the Russians (and later germans, see Panther Turrets in berlin) used T34 and T34 turrets as pillboxes in Stalingrad, but i have yet to read an account where a tank gets knocked out and gets reused by ordinary infantry in an apropriate timeframe to implement this

you cant model a time difference of half a day on a map that lasts around 50 minutes at maximum

oh yes your source is great

marsians actually won the Battle of Stalingrad
source: go to Mars!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im quite sure soldier often used knocked out tanks as mg positions

T-34 gets killed in a square by a pak gun, the surviving crew jumps out and run away. Maybe the die maybe the dont.

3 weeks later a new battle is taking place at that square, when you as the defending soldier sees the tank you prepare it for a defending position and jump in and man the mg.

Now if it is a good idea or not, maybe the enemy has some AT nearby, all depends on the situation.

Upvote 0
Im quite sure soldier often used knocked out tanks as mg positions

T-34 gets killed in a square by a pak gun, the surviving crew jumps out and run away. Maybe the die maybe the dont.

3 weeks later a new battle is taking place at that square, when you as the defending soldier sees the tank you prepare it for a defending position and jump in and man the mg.

Now if it is a good idea or not, maybe the enemy has some AT nearby, all depends on the situation.

noone is doubting that, but the OP wants the ability to hop into a tank as regular infantry right after it has been knocked out, wich is not realistic at all

Upvote 0