• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Capping Objective" Indicator

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
i know there is a mutator for ROOST that removes the little blinking icon on your map that lets you know if an objective is being capped as well as removing the cap bar. it would be much more realistic to not have the blinking objective on your map, but i think you should still leave the cap bar for gameplay's sake.

maybe in place of having the objective icon blinking, (leave the icon there so noobs know where to go, just no blinking) just have a "voice" alert the team that an objective is being captured by your team or the enemy. that way you don't have to be looking on your map all the time to see how the cap is doing.

I dont mind a blinking cap indicator as long as there is atleast one guy of your team in the capzone that can see things are being capped.

I mean what i hate about the cap indicator icons etc, is that it can give a team information that in reality nobody knew. Like someone being hidden in the capzone or flanking and secretly capping an undefended capzone. Someone checks the map and just sees oh someone is capping that, and rushes to the place, while there was nobody out there.

If the overhead map only shows the blinking icon for your teammates if there is a single person in the capzone then atleast its a feature to notice your team what happends on the battlefield (as such communication wont happen in publicplay), but you actually need one person to be in there as otherwise nobody would know.

So with this you dont know any more info than you could possibly know by your own observation, yet new players can see what is happening on the battlefield as people often dont report.

-----------------

For a capbar or whatever, tbh i want to wait i just hope the entire capsystem is revamped in a different method.

Although i dont mind showing some things, i think a big focus should be around not showing information before a team could possibly know it. Like seeing howmany attackers are in the capzone when they are just hiding and nobody saw them yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah nothing is better than being in a small building, say command center on danzig, knowing there is only one enemy in the cap so you know to look in the typical camp spots......spray while turning a corner figuring the guy will be there and then having him scream "WALL HAXOR!!!!" :D

but yeah, that's pretty unrealistic.

Upvote 0