• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun attachments

Neoco

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I think that the guns in Killing Floor could use some attachments

Flashlight - attach to allow use of flashlight with this gun. Cost: 100 pounds, weight: 0 blocks

Bayonet - enemies melee attacking you will take damage (as long as you are using the gun with the bayonet attached). Cost: 200 pounds, weight: 1 block

Underslung Grenade Launcher - grenades fired from the grenade launcher will detonate upon impact on the floor. Grenades can be fired by pressing g with the gun and grenade launcher equipped. Also uses frag grenade ammo. Cost: 300 pounds, weight: 2 blocks

Lasersight - provides laser accuracy. Cost: 100 pounds, weight: 0 blocks

Melee weapons and some guns (eg. flamethrower, L.A.W) will not be able to use these attachments

Only one attachment is allowed for each gun

Last edited:
I think that the guns in Killing Floor could use some attachments

Flashlight - attach to allow use of flashlight with this gun. Cost: 100 pounds, weight: 0 blocks

Bayonet - enemies melee attacking you will take damage (as long as you are using the gun with the bayonet attached). Cost: 200 pounds, weight: 1 block

Underslung Grenade Launcher - grenades fired from the grenade launcher will detonate upon impact on the floor. Grenades can be fired by pressing g with the gun and grenade launcher equipped. Also uses frag grenade ammo. Cost: 300 pounds, weight: 2 blocks

Melee weapons and some guns (eg. flamethrower, L.A.W) will not be able to use these attachments

Only one attachment is allowed for each gun

The bayonet sounds great, it would make bezerkers day if a lever action rifle has a bayonet, no more crawlers or sirens bothering you, now add a chainsaw to that and you become pretty much invincible.

Upvote 0

but the dark is so awesome and fun! why not just run into it blindly instead? i'm sure it'll be fine :D

woah wait what?? no way. if the bayonet is to be used, you have to ACTUALLY STAB THEM WITH IT. automated reversed damage? screw that. beserkers should have to rely on sharpshooters and medics to pick off the crawlers, if you take away that weakness then beserkers are practically invincible. This game doesn't need buffs save for combat drugs and what you're suggesting is a buff not a weapon.

what would the point of this be other then making grenades look cooler when you use them. 300 pounds for something that could potentially just blow you up if a teammate walks in front of you. this would be a disaster waiting to happen for friendly fire servers.

i don't really see anything wrong with this one as long as you weren't able to put them on all your weapons. that would defeat the purpose of them not including crosshairs in the game for added realism.

you're suggesting an addon system but you're denying me of being able to put a grenade launcher on my fire axe? well you just lost MY support :D

Upvote 0
I'm putting gun attachments to enhance gameplay but I don't want this idea to get out of hand. Putting a grenade launcher on a fire axe!? That's going WAY too far. I didn't allow melee weapons to have attachments because 1. it sounds rediculous, 2. if you put a bayonet on a chainsaw, it would make you invincible and 3. putting a lasersight on a machete would not make any sense at all. Yes, I want to make KF more fun but I want to keep it realistic.

Upvote 0
putting a lasersight on a machete would not make any sense at all.

I was so hoping I could attach a laser sight into my machete... :(
How about bayonet in a knife? :p

J/K... :D

I'd love to be able to buy a flashlight attachment to Bullpup, Lever Action, Crossbow and Handcannon. I would be able to use them better in those pitch-black areas that some levels seem to have.

Maybe enable the bayonet attachment for the Lever Action Rifle only and make it bind to the alt-fire. Make it possible to switch the attachment from one weapon to another at the trader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm putting gun attachments to enhance gameplay but I don't want this idea to get out of hand. Putting a grenade launcher on a fire axe!? That's going WAY too far. I didn't allow melee weapons to have attachments because 1. it sounds rediculous, 2. if you put a bayonet on a chainsaw, it would make you invincible and 3. putting a lasersight on a machete would not make any sense at all. Yes, I want to make KF more fun but I want to keep it realistic.

lol i like how you took my comment seriously :p

A knife with a bayonet would be knife. That's like... a super knife! :D

Upvote 0