• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increased realism

- add more weapons like machine guns (6-8 barrel 10000 RPM Vulcan which can be perk "machinegunner"),machine pistols, revolvers, mines
- add nightvision scopes
- add ability to mount flashlight,nightvision scope
-ALL PERKS MUST unlock new weapons instead damages(like call of duty). This is stupid. If 10 years kid had same pistol as WW2 veteran it will cause 100% same damage to target.
- add subcaliber hunt bullets (or Slugs as you americans called them)
- add famous weapons brands, marks and models like Browning, Beretta, Luger, Colt, Thomson etc
- add bolt action sniper or Perk category "sniperist" which includes:
1| Bolt action sniper
2| Dragunov semi auto rifle
3| Sig sauger
- add AK 74, AK 47, M16,
- add semi automatic revolver type rocket launcher

- add more stopping power at weapons (maybe perk)
one headshot or heartshot = dead no matter with which weapon and how tough is enemy even patriarchs but this rule to be also and for you. One hit in head or heart = dead no matter with or without armor. if not heart or head 2 hits you dead, with armor 4-5 hits, add also a shield and different types armors and helmets. with armor and shield 8 hits
- add exploding inside enemies bullets.
- add tanks, helicopters vehicles
- enemies to run faster and to be much smarter but with heavy weapons to die immediately no matter how tough are they even patriarchs and no matter area of hit. Instagib mode.
Someone will be say "this is so easy" well the rule is also for you. One hit you dead and you have pack of 30-40 emenies coming to you and you get surrounded and you have to reload - so it is not that easy in a matter of fact it is 1000 times more difficult realistic and exciting feeling and very much harder than normal mode.
- also you can add sexy naked or half naked womans to be rescued from squad. And if the "hero" rescued a woman without she to get damage from the monsters the "hero" will have kiss from the rescued woman. And why not they to fall in love to become a family and fight together agaisnt the monsters. But if wife or housband get killed the game over. Their fate will be bonded. In other words they become responsability for each other. Help each other heal each other, have sex, embrace, love etc of course in reduced form to fit to under 18 years auditory

This may just be the worst suggestion I've EVER seen... and in the REALISM thread!!! :eek:

Upvote 0
This may just be the worst suggestion I've EVER seen... and in the REALISM thread!!! :eek:

One shot or hit with heavy weapons = dead. This is rule for all. If your arm or leg is cutted or blasted out you die immediately insntantly from blood loose, pain and shock and cannot move even a 1 mm. This is realism. The bullet doesnt make any difference between the "good" and the "bad" guy or monster. No difference between poor man and king.
Also when i shot my 350 kg donkey with 12 gauge subcaliber bullet (slug as you called it) in area of stomach it die at moment of hitting without be able to move even a 1 mm. Just fall down. And the exit wound was at size of bowling ball. Thats because the bullet opens like umbrella inside the target while rotating and pushing forward at unbeliavable stopping power.
Regular subcalliber has 3000-5000 joules energy
Magnum has 5000-7500
Supermag has 7500-10000
Barrett 50 cal BMG riflle has over 50 000 joules which is enough to kill elephant of 5 tons at first shot even in the ***. Hit the *** bullet goes throgh whole body and exits at head. 10 joules energy per kg is needed to die instantly from the shock of the impact. Thats physics law. so if the flesh pond weight is 350 kg then it will die immediately from almost any heavy weapon of the game. Napalm burns steal in seconds whats left to flesh and bones.
Pellets of the shotguns not have much stopping power but subcaliber bullets(slugs) have unbeliavable stopping power. With 12 gauge supermag subcalliber bullet i blast out a 550 kg bear at 85 meters. half of the bear is turned to little pieces.
With AK 47 i pierce railroad track at 10 meters.
There are sever types army bullets
- regular type
- heavy type
- burn type
- armor pierce type
- armor pierce burn type
- tracing type (leaves a trail looks like lasershot usually green trace light)
Judging by the size and volume of the patriarh it cannot be heavier than 500 kg. Which means that the supermag slug guarantied kill 6 patriarchs pierce five patriarchs and eventualy stop in the sixth (if they are one behind another) at 70 meter distance.
50 cal BMG blast out 8 patriarchs at 100 meter distance and kill 1 patriarch at kilometer distance.
Rocket blast EVERYTHING at 10 meter radius of hitting point.
Most of you if not the all never have oppurtunity to fire with real heavy weapons in their life. So dont tell me please what means realism.
Not to mention what will be if the bullets are made of titanium with platinum core.
This is supposed to be special squad not street gang right? Then where are the special weapons?
What about gas weapons, sonic, lasers.
Heavy tanks, artillery, minethrowers, bomber stealth planes, submarines, ships, weapons for mass distraction. One SS23 with nuclear plutonium head rocket and westlondon is wiped out of the world map for at least 100 years. Don be foolish of the games heavy radiation doesnt mutate living organism it annihilate living organisms. But before radiation there is shock blast wave, after this heat wave dont worry just several millions celsuim degrees. And not just radiation also air and water will be poisoned and cannot be consumated by any creature.
And where is the local population in the maps? Simply everything is eaten and only some stupid squad and a trader is living?
There are nothing more scared than the real realism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I think the main idea of this thread is to increase realism with as little modifications and addons as possible.

Creating lots of new models and animations is too much to ask. Instead, small changes like Stamina Bar or Breathing Effect are much simpler tasks and they increase the feeling of realism much more considering the workload.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the main idea of this thread is to increase realism with as little modifications and addons as possible.

Creating lots of new models and animations is too much to ask. Instead, small changes like Stamina Bar or Breathing Effect are much simpler tasks and they increase the feeling of realism much more considering the workload.

Exactly. It's stuff that's actually FEASABLE to do. Yes, in a situation like this they might realistically call in Air Support. But no, it's simply not practical to expect the dev team to realistically model in attack helicopters AND balance levels around them...

And for the love of god, Ragging Demon, stop tying in huge, bolded font. It just makes me skip your posts because they hurt my eyes. And this:

"- also you can add sexy naked or half naked womans to be rescued from squad. And if the "hero" rescued a woman without she to get damage from the monsters the "hero" will have kiss from the rescued woman. And why not they to fall in love to become a family and fight together agaisnt the monsters. But if wife or housband get killed the game over. Their fate will be bonded. In other words they become responsability for each other. Help each other heal each other, have sex, embrace, love etc of course in reduced form to fit to under 18 years auditory"

Is about the worst suggestion I've ever heard. Period. Seriously. My brain hurts after reading that.

Upvote 0
Nanostrike who are you to tell me and command me what to type how to type it and with what font size.
As i said i want powerful weapons or one shot = dead. You forget that the patriarch also fire at me right? And the rule is for all. If hit me i will be dead at first hit. The faster shooter win. So that is fair and there not unbalanced anything. This is called instagib mode in half-life.
Anyway i found a mutator to fix the rocket damage so anything in 10 meter radius of hit really is blasted to pieces.
So why not add some tough weapons and machineguns to the special squad? Prove that this is a special squad and not street gang.
Maybe i will find and instagib mode mutator somewhere i hope.
Special squad whitout laser pointers, snipers, reflex sights, nighvision googles, scopes, weapon grenade lauchers, C4 explosives what sqad is then?
But most of all i need a mutator which blocks the mutator blocking.

Upvote 0
Stop letting RAGGING DEMON troll you. I think a quick educational interlude is in order.

Trolls.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
God this thread is totally wasted now. The last 10 post are off topic and the thread is now full of awful pictures and enormous quotes. :rolleyes:

Could some moderator, please, clean this thread? (And remove this post after it.)

Let's just get back on topic then, shall we?

Too much realism = bad.
Weapon reloading realism = sounds fun, and will not change the gameplay much.

Upvote 0
id love to see those weapon mechanics, i actually never really realised that KF was a bag of bullets style game, i always kept my mags and occasionaly burned ones that were close to empty. IMO to keep both sides happy, if possible add all these extra realism tidbits for those who want them such as myself, and make a server side option to turn them on or off, also making this setting mandatory for suicidal mode.

Upvote 0
powerful weapons

powerful weapons

and why not monsters to be smart enemies instead just to try to eat armed to the teeth squad - very stupid. Why not monsters pick up weapons from the corpses and fire with them to the squad.
Or
Tanks to the squad
anti tank Mines,bombs, rockets, minethrowers to the monsters
Spaceship fights, other planets.
Maybe even to have option player to select what to be a human or monster. Human squad vs monster squad. Only patrarch has weapon - thats not fair to the monsters. And all to die at first hit with any heavy weapon no matter area of hit this is called Instagib mode faster shooter win
(Quake, Half-life have that mod)
Add vulcan 10000 RPM 8 barrel machine gun. Why not to be fair? If you have for example 500 bullets they will be fired of the machinegun for 3 seconds. 10000 rounds per minute/60 seconds= 166 shots per second. This will be good if you are left alone all squad is eaten and have to stop big army of monsters. But still you cannot hit everything after all you have 3 seconds. It will be very useful in open maps like kf-defense.

Upvote 0
Let's just get back on topic then, shall we?

Too much realism = bad.
Weapon reloading realism = sounds fun, and will not change the gameplay much.

A few reloading changes would be nice in the game itself, not just in 'realism'. For one, no auto-reload. When your weapon is dry, it should click when you try to fire and not reload until you actually PUSH the reload button! Auto-reloading, specifically with dual handguns, gets you killed...

As for 'weapon switch during reload', I see two real options to make this realistic and not completely, lame-style exploitable:

-Have the reload simply not count if switched in mid-reload. You can switch from your dual-handcannons when you're reloading them, but when you switch back, they WON'T be reloaded.

-Once a reload starts, the only way to cancel is to drop the gun in question. More realistic solution, really, but I'm positive that most newbies would be dumbfounded by this and not know how to do so...

Upvote 0