• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-UnderWells(placeholder preview)

knightmare106

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Hi all, i am pretty excited about this side map i am working on and want to show you a preview and let u know just what to expect.
previewwwww.jpg

This smaller map i will use to test teamwork extensiveley.
the setting is pretty much an expansion of my first map WishingWell. this time you are down where the specimens have made these dried up sewers their home. this time they will be around every corner and the friendly symetrical overhead view will prove to be quite decietful while your running and gunning. spawns are all over the map so it is highly reccomended that you keep your teammates alive and stick with them. i should also mention its pretty dark down there so if you wanna spot some of the threats someone might wanna roll with a flashlight :D. more bad news is that is no place for a lady, so the trader will not be joining u down here, instead there will be a few rooms scattered around where the specimens have stashed some guns that they picked off from dead bodies, so the shop will be replaced by weapon rooms that will not let you buy. you will need to make do with the limited number of weapons inside these rooms, so if your used to the carefree nature after u respawn...too bad your money is worth nothing here.

link
http://www.4shared.com/file/115329267/17ea1365/KF-UnderWellLair-001.html

Last edited:
Forgive me, ya it was pretty pointless, i get overexcited while i work on these maps. the link is in the first post and the first pic was to show an overhead map, i was kinda hoping some peeps would like to make suggestions and stuff early. the base of the map is fully functional to my knowlege please discuss any bugs or suggestions further on while i decorate it :)

:( sad news is i would need to remove the shops to make the weapons lockers that i wanted, i cant just have weapon rooms open and close because of the teleporter situation, no shop area means no teleporting out. i will try working with boxes that open up goodies for u maybe wel see

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lawl. its just a map guys :) i can have a micky mouse statue in every room if i wanted :p. about the trees and grass, this is a symetric map so i needed a way to let the players know on what side they are on, so i went for a dramatic difference in visuals depending on which side you are on. and keep in mind you are supposed to be in a DRIED UP well as in there used to be water that could have grown those shrubs. anyway this place is supposed to look like crap because its not a place that people used to live in o_O

Upvote 0
lawl. its just a map guys :) i can have a micky mouse statue in every room if i wanted :p. about the trees and grass, this is a symetric map so i needed a way to let the players know on what side they are on, so i went for a dramatic difference in visuals depending on which side you are on. and keep in mind you are supposed to be in a DRIED UP well as in there used to be water that could have grown those shrubs. anyway this place is supposed to look like crap because its not a place that people used to live in o_O

i can understand the grass but the trees? if you go into manor's static meshes, there are some ivy meshes that would look good along the walls.

Upvote 0
u should make yourself familar with the basics of leveldesign. it`s nice to see that u can use some features of the unrealed, but ur floorplan is just bad.

think about what ur map should look like
then draw a floorplan
then make really basic level and test ur floorplan
then optimize everything to get a good gameplay
then start to design your map

the proportions of ur geometry are really important. if they doesn`t fit with each other then ur design won`t be a success.

Upvote 0
it was dumb of me to post this so early o_O. i kinda just wanted suggestions because its my goal to keep the map that particular shape but make it NOT feel like the same thing everywhere. i actually cant find the real delete button for threads, i press edit/delete but dont find any further buttons that actually delete the thread sorry again guys.

the map itself has been worked on to feel like a real map, at this point it feels better to seek people willing to test my maps rather than dump unfinished doodoo on the forums :p

Upvote 0
it was dumb of me to post this so early o_O. i kinda just wanted suggestions because its my goal to keep the map that particular shape but make it NOT feel like the same thing everywhere. i actually cant find the real delete button for threads, i press edit/delete but dont find any further buttons that actually delete the thread sorry again guys.

the map itself has been worked on to feel like a real map, at this point it feels better to seek people willing to test my maps rather than dump unfinished doodoo on the forums :p

the only thing i didnt like was the trees in the "sewer".

Upvote 0
Forgive me, ya it was pretty pointless, i get overexcited while i work on these maps. the link is in the first post and the first pic was to show an overhead map, i was kinda hoping some peeps would like to make suggestions and stuff early. the base of the map is fully functional to my knowlege please discuss any bugs or suggestions further on while i decorate it :)

:( sad news is i would need to remove the shops to make the weapons lockers that i wanted, i cant just have weapon rooms open and close because of the teleporter situation, no shop area means no teleporting out. i will try working with boxes that open up goodies for u maybe wel see

the idea of map is quite good because it require teamwork in such narrow space. forget about whether making sense of having grass and tree under "sewer" or not.

I think we should be open-minded about all kinds of idea, even it is very unreal. We need more creative idea for maps instead of making sense

Creating doesn't mean we must refer everything in reality although there are some baseline we need to follow.

Looking forward to seeing your update on this map

PS: you should add at least 1 trader on this map because we cannot use the "basic" weapons to kick the boss *** LOL. Maybe you should add some ammopickup or weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Or simply place the lockers and all the items you want to give inside the trader's room. Players will still be able to buy what they need, but take the free stuff first.

Upvote 0
[url]http://www.4shared.com/file/117425809/6bd3821b/KF-UnderWellLair-001.html[/URL]

behold...progress :)
sorry this isnt the zip but honestly its like 1.6mb :/

-need to know if there is any framerate loss
-let me know if anything stupid happens
-atm specimen get stuck at the end of the round corridor if you dont see them only like 3 at a time tho and im working on this but its not game breaking

Upvote 0