• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has been fixed Bart =)

The new version is out guys. Current Map White List updated in the original post.
Maybe you should post also a list of the new white listed, just to make things easier for us, lazy server admins like me. Four servers to update... I'm already tired just by thinking about all the work to do :);
And also, there are two kf-aquastudy.rom, are both white listed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello.

Hello.

I am personally all for the whitelist, but I find it a bit of a PITA when someone submits 20 versions of the same map, and then the final version. And next time I look at the whitelist after the update, half of the early betas are whitelisted but the the final version is not.

I'd personally love to see more finished maps in the whitelist and betas slowly dropped out.

And use "KF-ThisIsMyMap.rom" type name for the final map version, please.
Until then, use names like KF-ThisIsMyMapAlpha#.rom, KF-ThisIsMyMapBeta#.rom and so on to make it easier to maintain the list. I mean, "KF-ThisIsMyMap.rom" is much more pleasing to the eye than "KF-ThisIsMyMapFINAL.rom" and gives a bit more professional impression. :)

But then again, I am not a mapper or modder so who am I to say. It would just make more sense to me.

I plan only submitting the final version. Unless I find some issues later after testing more. Only reason I have V2 is due to I forgot file for screenshot. Figured I better change the name so there was no conflicts.

Upvote 0
I just had to update again the servers, it downgraded from v8 to v7, also some players can play and others not, depending of the update they have in their client, one of them reported that his KF is updating again after an hour or so of the first update that happened today, probably downgrading also. Are the whited listed maps that were included today still white or this downgrade reverted also to the former white list?

Upvote 0
Maybe you should post also a list of the new white listed, just to make things easier for us, lazy server admins like me. Four servers to update... I'm already tired just by thinking about all the work to do :);
And also, there are two kf-aquastudy.rom, are both white listed?

You mean a list that would only list last added or removed?
That would make map selection much easier to maintain.

Upvote 0
Comparison with the map I have.
It's an example.

Version Miss match?(Now Vwesion)

KF-AquaStudy-V2.rom
KF-OriginsVer2.rom

Drop List?

KF-Forest.rom
KF-GE64Library-beta1.rom
KF-La_Casa_Muerta-R.rom (Original Version)
KF-Nightfall-R.rom
kf-oldtown.rom
kf-testfacility.rom

Old Version (not important)

KF-BreweryBeta1.rom
KF-BreweryBeta9.rom
KF-Gladiator_Beta2.rom
KF-Silo-Of-Despair.rom
KF-Silo-Of-Despair-Beta2.rom
KF-Silo-Of-Despair-Beta5.rom
KF-Silo-Of-Despair-Beta6.rom
KF-Surroundedv1.rom

Exception Remove ?

KF-Acrobatics-beta-v1.rom
KF-roofhop.rom

Upvote 0
I just had to update again the servers, it downgraded from v8 to v7, also some players can play and others not, depending of the update they have in their client, one of them reported that his KF is updating again after an hour or so of the first update that happened today, probably downgrading also. Are the whited listed maps that were included today still white or this downgrade reverted also to the former white list?

Theres a V7? We're still on 1004.

Upvote 0
Theres a V7? We're still on 1004.
It's what appeared when I updated the servers yesterday, my servers are hosted remotely and I use TCAdmin to update them, and maybe this is the reason for the different versions, but I'm not really sure, maybe the TripWire guys can explain it to us.
In the first update, the new version was V8 and in the second update (I tried it after the connection problems began with a lot of players with a file mismatch message with the weapons and/or KFMod package) there was a downgrade to V7, also my KF client and the clients of the other players that reported problems had two upgrades yesterday.
Also the perks stopped counting after this downgrade in KF-Canyon.rom, but I played a lot of new white listed maps before this and the perks counted normally. Don't know if this problem is related to this map or there was a downgrade of the white list when the servers and the clients were downgraded. Just in case I removed all the maps included in the last update of the white list and restarted the servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope U guys are into it right now, because I wanted to update my linux server this very moment (I'm CET zone and just after work) and got this:

Code:
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Checking/Installing 'KillingFloorCommon' version 6

Checking/Installing 'KillingFloorDedicatedServerLinux' version 6

HLDS installation up to date

Upvote 0
hello, i noticed alot of maps were added to the whitelist thanks. I have a question concerning the whitelisting process of maps because there is a thread where we were asked to request our own maps for whitelisting. I requested the final version of my map and now i find the 2 beta versions and the beta of another map of mine have been whitelisted aswel. so are you guys looking through all the maps that exist on your own now?

Upvote 0
We will always strive to put every valid map we can find on the White List, but we will always field requests for adding maps, first. We may not be able to find every map, so that's why we added a Thread to request that your map get White Listed.

The intention of the White List is to remove the Leveling maps and reduce the number of highly exploitable maps, not to only allow maps that have no exploits in them at all. We want players to generally be able to gain Perks on every server they play on, regardless of whether that particular server admin has the latest version of every map.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.