• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new guns, rejoice guise :D

terrible bullpup? not in the right hands :D

Well, I am left-handed. The bullpup magazine release lever is on the right side. You do the math. :(

Yes, Commando deserves both AK-47 and the M79, for the suffering he has been put trough. :)

Of course, you should be only able to carry the bullpup + either AK-74 or M79.
Not both. But I guess Supports will be able to carry M79, hunting shotty AND the AK... No, I think Supports already have too much carrying capacity.

Maybe if the other perks got an additional weight slot ot two as well as they progress in perks and made the special weapons 1 or 2 blocks heavier, except the LAW... That would make things much more interesting. :)

Upvote 0
Yay katana! Now we just need a spear/shield combo :p Practical uses I can see for the katana: more reach than the other weapons, can hit more than one enemy at a time. I think there's some kind of swing arc system in play because I've decapped 2 gorefasts with 1 ax swing before. This should be easier to do with a longer blade. And Nanostrike, some guys actually did a test where they fired a M2 heavy machine gun at a katana (at the cutting edge). It took 7 .50 BMG bullets (and yes some were cut in half) before the 8th broke it. And fleshpounds? I can decapitate one with a knife so don't tell me a katana can't :p

AK is a nice addition. Bullpup is fine and dandy but sometimes you need something a bit more... lethal. And it's not that inaccurate in real life. Trained soldiers can hit targets at 300 meters (m16s and most modern assault rifles do this at 500 meters). Almost all infantry combat happens within 300 meters. Besides, if you start engaging people at more than 300 meters, your squad's designated marksman will start *****ing at you for stealing his kills ;)

M79 is awesome because the LAW is widely regarded as useless. It can't be high single target damage because then the patriarch would be easy and it can't be high area of effect because it's a LAW...

Upvote 0
Steel is harder than lead so it shouldn't be a surprise when lead breaks apart when it hits a piece of steel at high velocities. I bet you could do the same thing with a factory produced Combat Knife.

Katanas are just like any other sword, they just have better PR than other swords for some reason. It's insane how people really believe that a katana can cut through anything harder than bone/leather/wood in human hands. Find me one video of someone cutting through (by this I mean swinging it themselves, not propping it up and ramming things into it with machines) a reasonably thick (1 inch) piece of iron/lead/brass/bronze with a katana without the blade being horribly damaged/broken, and I'll get off my soap box.

Regardless, I suppose it will be fun to be swinging a sword around in this game. Although, I'm not sure how much more(less?) effective it's going to be than the Fire Axe/Chainsaw.

Upvote 0
^They have better PR because anime/manga always have them and anime/manga are more likely to have ridiculous feats of awesome and win than equivalent western productions. About the most badass thing anyone will ever do in western animations/comic books is cut someone in half with one swing while anime regularly has guys cut buildings in half with single handed swings. For example, in Conan he cuts people in half with a bigass claymore and that's lauded as an accomplishment (it is in real life...). In Bleach, Zaraki Kenpachi quite casually STABS a building in half using one hand and in the various Final Fantasy 7 spinoffs, Sephiroth cuts through skyscrapers singlehandedly with his 8 foot katana like they're not even there and repeatedly slices through a kilometer long cannon while floating 100 feet above it with his sword lines.

I'm not quite sure why we're even debating any kind of sword's effectiveness against armor given that the only thing in this game with anything even remotely close to armor is the fleshpound... which gets decapped by a knife :eek: Given that all zeds are unarmored, I would easily take any kind of sword over a fire ax and definitely a chainsaw which is damn heavy, impractical, and fairly dangerous to the user.

Upvote 0
I oppose the katana out of principle. ****ing kids watch their animu and think the katana is some kind of superweapon.

PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Upvote 0
the m14 and pipebomb is just another rumor.

I'd love to see some confirmation from TWI guys here, but I guess I can wait... :)

TWI, can you just quietly slip in the new weapons when no-one's looking and mention it in a later patch note addendum next day in the lines of "Oh, and we gave you guys new toys, forgot to mention that", to make it a pleasant surprise to players? I'd like to hear the commandos rejoicing over the voice comms. ;)

Upvote 0
I read on the steam forums that they added textures of a pipebomb and a M14 hunting rifle.
Can anyone comfirm that?

I looked, but as they REVERTED that last update, all the added stuff is apparently gone.

I dun think it's the pipe bomb. They did have a 'Broken pipe' weapon in the mod, afterall...

M14 would be cool. It's a POWERFUL gun...

I'm still bummed about the stupid AK-47. After their 'big update' everyone is gonna be playing Commando with the AK using the DJ_Scully model. Seriously. It's gonna be a 13-year old fantasy come true if they can get a Katana along with it...

Upvote 0
Nothing wrong with an AK-47. They wouldn't be so popular a gun if they weren't so effective at what they do (and so cheap to manufacture!)

The DJ_Skully model is pretty cool looking. I dig the industrial goggles and the hoody.

The katana is pretty weeaboo though. Regardless of how effective one would be on fleshy targets like clots/gores/stalkers/sirens/etc, I really dislike how so many games get hit with the japanophile stick no matter what genre. Needs moar Viking gear!

Upvote 0