• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting hit

fytech

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
In RO when you get hit by a bullet in the foot you just stand there like nothing happend.

Improvements to RO: HOS
But what about if you really got hit in the foot you may fall down or loosing your balance, and if you got shot in the arm you may not be able to hold your weapon steady or you are just being unable to move your arm.

I was also thinking about adding intestins like heart, lungs and further to the players so they could get trouble breathing if they got shot in the lung.

I mean would'nt it be realistic adding injuries like this? I thought it would be awesome.

What do you other guys think? Yeah I know it would be difficult adding stuff like this but it's only a thought.

I think all these things have been tried before, and moving slowly when hit to leg was annoying.

In AA3, when you're hit in the leg, or just severly wounded, you move slowly, but not SUPER slowly, and getting bandaged alieviates that a bit, although you're never back up to 100%. I'd like to see some kind of persistant damage. Say, you can still move reasonably fast, maybe 80% of your normal speed, and have a much more limited sprint time. Arm wounds should affect your aiming, and possibly make things like weapon switching take a bit longer.

Lung shots and similar vital-organ hits should always put you out of the battle, but allow your a short while while you bleed out and/or become incapacitated also. From the PC Gamer article, it seems like this is the direction they've moving in. It seems that they have a wounding system that has three tiers: Instant death, lethally wounded (where you're wounded and eventually die from said wound), and less serious wounds, like getting shot in the arm or foot. The lethal ones make your aiming and movement go to crap really fast, the superficial ones, less so.

Upvote 0
Today I had another idea. Don't worry, no dogs, no robots and no blasters.
I've been thinking of a realistic add to infantry fighting, cause when you're shot in the legs in RO:OST you simply walk slower and you've got a humble animation.
I believe getting shot in the leg will do a lot more influence. So I said why not let the player who's hit in the leg fall to the ground and he's unable to stand up for let's say at least 10 secs. I know this is too few secs, but I've the strong belief that the suicide rate would increase by far if it's longer. Nobody would wait cause he just needs to suicide and he respawns in almost the same time with full health, new loadout and at a better spot.
Therefore it needs to be a punishment for being stupid to get shot in the leg and still too short to choose suicide over waiting for the crawl time has expired.

The falling to the ground I've yet only seen with AI soldiers like in Call of Duty 2. I believe I don't need a video to show off this feature, do I? :)

I yet stated this in another thread, but I'm glad someone else recognized that this is realistic. :)

Upvote 0