• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3 Things about Whitelisting

Ihmhi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
www.asseater.org
1) If possible, please detach whitelisting from the name itself. There's too many servers with -final added or removed, etc., and the only way to know if a server is on the whitelist is by memorizing the names of the maps you play a lot. I like to check out a variety of different maps, but it sucks to not be able to earn perks on maps and not know it until you are halfway in. Unless the hash that the map generates is somehow connected to the name, it would not significantly weaken the whitelisting system and would prevent not being able to level up perks on authorized maps.

2) Please add an indicator on the server browser if the map is whitelisted.

3) Please add a filter on the server browser so we can filter to only show whitelisted maps.

It'd also be very handy to know if a map is whitelisted during a game.

I can understand this point. Unfortunately I guess from a playability aspect you could get everyone saying bugger this map its black and all leaving after a good map before. Sort of spoils the fun if everyone sods off chasing perks. (btw all the maps on the DSAS server are white and we've tested perk levels correctly).

Upvote 0
I can understand this point. Unfortunately I guess from a playability aspect you could get everyone saying bugger this map its black and all leaving after a good map before. Sort of spoils the fun if everyone sods off chasing perks. (btw all the maps on the DSAS server are white and we've tested perk levels correctly).

That's good to know. I've been on a lot of servers that just don't have any quality control.

Upvote 0
Without wishing to drop a spanner in the soup, I have concerns about a server becoming second class if it is not highlighted as whitelist. I like to have a few beta maps on the server which obviously will not be whitelisted. Since I believe that perks still work just do not get advanced I cannot see why the occasional map in a rotation not increasing your perks should mean you dont get the whitelist star of approval. By all means have individual maps marked as whitelisted thats useful, add a w to the end of the name or something (anyone who does it illegally could easily be punished) but just don't damn the whole server.

Upvote 0