• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A new threat arises

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
now that the leveling servers are pretty much done for im beginning to see players use the clot only mutator, while they sit back and chainsaw the poor clots, or headshot the poor clots.

so it seems like no matter what you do, theyre still going to find some quick and easy to way to get upto lvl 5. but heres the thing, i dont know what they think will happen once they reach lvl 5..

i reached lvl 5 and sure its ok, but its not like naked chicks showed upto my house with alex carrying a six pack of my favorite beer. i think its kinda silly. but whatever.

i stayed for 3 waves and it was all clots.

That's because level 5 have crawler and 6 have fp and from 7 to 10 have fp and scarke and all those stuff, but not bloat and gore fast(I think).

Personally, if I have to play a map with mut on, I'd prefer "clot only" mut. it gave me the classical-zombie feeling, which is why I found clot the most fearsome specimen in this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's because level 5 have crawler and 6 have fp and from 7 to 10 have fp and scarke and all those stuff, but not bloat and gore fast(I think).

Personally, if I have to play a map with mut on, I'd prefer "clot only" mut. it gave me the classical-zombie feeling, which is why I found clot the most fearsome specimen in this game.

ok, false alarm.

Upvote 0
i reached lvl 5 and sure its ok, but its not like naked chicks showed upto my house with alex carrying a six pack of my favorite beer. i think its kinda silly. but whatever.

i now have no reason anymore to continue playing this game :(

:p

i've seen clot only servers. and i must say, with the right map, they're actually really fun.

Upvote 0
Yeah on normal mode with armour you can actually just let them grab you and get all those up close head shots especially when ZED time kicks in and you just get about 5 headshots in that time.

I find for leveling out my Sharpshooter Doom2 final is pretty good as there's that long corridor for the crossbow as long as you have someone watching your back you can get a tonne of headshots.

Upvote 0
Id like to level sharpshooter up, Im at like 3 1 / 2 atm. I just dont feel like getting so many more headshots xD

With pistols or handcannons you're always earning towards it so don't worry it will go up. Commando is the one I need to work up but I really hate the Bullpup so I'm hoping the AK47 is going to be coming and that it will be a commando perk.

Upvote 0
Centy, why do you hate the bullpup?
Lol, my first time using it I thought "F*** this I want my dual handcannons and xbow back.". But after messing with all the perks I leveled Commando up to 5 before sharpshooter got to 4......actually I need 100 more headshots to get Sharpshooter to 4. Will go do that in a bit.

Upvote 0

Wait, that didn't happen with you? Did you forward port 7707 on your router? The naked chicks use 7707 UDP.

I just put my internal on DMZ to be safe. I totally found that easter egg when I got Support lvl 5.

Except, the chicks were sirens, and alex was a fleshpound, and the six pack wasn't of beer, it was a squad of crawlers.

-Joker

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is this "OMG someone uses a clot only-mutator! OMG HAXX0R it is so unfair!" mentality I see?

Those mutators are official TWI mutators and they are using whitelisted maps. I can't see a problem with that. Each to their own. Mutators are there just to spice things up a little. ;)

It is not like the clots can't still chew you up if they get you cornered.

And there will be other specimen types in wave 5 and onward.

Upvote 0