• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Update #4) Reduce the attack power of Gorefasts

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
They are much too powerful, and on hard a single one can kill you in a couple of seconds. I don't really think this is right, as Scrakes don't take much less time to kill you, whereas they are far fewer in quantity. I like the new behaviour, but it's just made them too powerful considering the amount of damage they do per attack, and considering how quickly they can attack.

If Gorefasts didn't do the damage they do, then every wave up until the Scrakes appear would be virtually pointless. What's the challenge if there's nothing that can kill you? Clots, Bloats, Sirens, and Stalkers cannot do their jobs by themselves. They barely get within 10 feet of any alert player and they obviously need to be far closer to do anything worthwhile. Gorefasts allow them to fulfill their roles by diverting your attention, and rightly so since Gorefasts are actual threats. Crawlers also help in that regard, but they're far weaker and don't do near the same amount of damage.

So no, this is a bad idea and you should feel bad for suggesting such.

Upvote 0
I dunno. Gorefasts need to be able to do damage, but at the moment, the damage is a bit much on Hard (And excessive on Suicidal, but I don't mess with that...). They can kill you in about 2 good hits on Hard if you don't have armor. With the addition of 'random' running attacks that basically hit you no matter what, a pack of Gorefasts can, by sheer luck, kill off a player or two when they charge.

This belittles skill in a bad way and leads to frustration and feelings of being in an unwinnable situation. Not good to have...

Upvote 0
Oh no, something on Hard might actually get the chance to inflict considerable damage if you let it stroll up and whack away at you several times and you're not wearing armor!

If you're so concerned about Gorefasts hurting you, then shoot them and kill them before they can. It's already more than easy to decapitate an entire gaggle of Gorefasts with a single 9mm pistol. However, if you believe there to be more than you can handle alone, then get your team to help. There's a whole "co-op" aspect of the game that tends to have a marked influence on a group's success or lack thereof.

If you do get killed by a Gorefast, then you should simply accept it. They're low level enemies possessing a multitude of weakpoints that just happen to pack a decent punch up close (And no, despite your exaggeration, they can't kill a healthy player without armor in only two hits on Hard). You can't just start crying for a change anytime you get killed by anything, particularly while in a difficulty mode meant to be difficult.

Upvote 0
I have to agree that they shouldn't be changed. The first three waves on hard are not tough at all, save for the occasional pack of sirens at the wrong time. Gorefasts are the only truly challenging specimen until the skrakes show up. I've even taken to using my knife for the first two rounds because I know I can get away with it. (Even against Gorefasts)

Upvote 0
Tell me this, in real life how long could you survive with a guy with a sword for an arm hitting you?
You're right, have it kill in one hit if it hits you in a bad place. The same for crawlers, after all spiders much smaller can kill a person. Why not make it stalkers too, seeing as they rip open your chest or something? That'd probably kill you.

I just think they are inconsistently powerful, at least on any setting above normal. If a single one can kill you pretty quickly, and you can get large packs of them, then I personally think they are a little overpowered.

Upvote 0
Gorefasts are fine. They need to be dangerous.

I get the impression that a lot of people posting on these forums haven't played the mod, where gorefasts were even MORE dangerous than they are even now. They used to have these orange tentacle looking things for arms and look even more like clots, which lulled you into a false sense of security sometimes.

"Oh hey, a clot. I'll use my 9m...OH GOD WHY IS IT RUNNING AT ME?!"

Upvote 0