• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A note about the locked characters

My bet is also on the TWI conspiracy about them evaluating the KF community. Depending on our actions they'll decide about our fate. It's like we're some sort of specimens.

I smell apocalypse.

TW has gone mad with power for sure. Next we will see them in westlondon flying around in helicopters, watching our every move.

Upvote 0
I found this one:
garyglover.jpg

Upvote 0
My guess is the character unlocks are going to be for people who have gained Rank 5 in some perk. Something for people to shoot for once the Perk leveling is over. That's the only reason I can think TWI would be banning people for using them before they are available. They seem to take the value of unlocked/leveled content very very seriously. (Considering there is no online competition but they still aggressively prevent perk leveling maps.)

Upvote 0
I do believe they are specially made for an upcoming Story mode. It's no secret that TWI mentioned a story mode almost immediatly after release, giving (at least me) the impression that they'd already begun work on it.
Now here's the juicy new thing to talk about, thanks to my attention to detail; people are already chatting about the AK, Grenade Launcher and Katana skins being dug up in KF_Weapons_Trip_T, but has anyone noticed that in KF_Weapons2_Trip_T, it contains only a more detailed Katana skin and Scully & Hazmat arms? It would seem that these civilian character may gain access to new weapons? Would current weapons be restricted for them? Could the katana be Story Mode based? Since the characters are being tested with players, I can only assume that one extra player might play as Scully or Hazmat and have their own objectives separate from the military or something. Would certainly clear up why TWI are treating Client-Side skins as if it were a pvp game. Anyone agree? Comment...

Upvote 0
I do believe they are specially made for an upcoming Story mode. It's no secret that TWI mentioned a story mode almost immediatly after release, giving (at least me) the impression that they'd already begun work on it.
Now here's the juicy new thing to talk about, thanks to my attention to detail; people are already chatting about the AK, Grenade Launcher and Katana skins being dug up in KF_Weapons_Trip_T, but has anyone noticed that in KF_Weapons2_Trip_T, it contains only a more detailed Katana skin and Scully & Hazmat arms? It would seem that these civilian character may gain access to new weapons? Would current weapons be restricted for them? Could the katana be Story Mode based? Since the characters are being tested with players, I can only assume that one extra player might play as Scully or Hazmat and have their own objectives separate from the military or something. Would certainly clear up why TWI are treating Client-Side skins as if it were a pvp game. Anyone agree? Comment...

If you look in system.ini (I think?) there's obvious code for DM and multiple game modes. I'd copy paste some of them on here but I'm lazy :p
But I will say I saw DM, some kind of CTF mode, and a few others.

Oh, and does anyone know if characters are going to get stats?
I saw under the character description and codes in their .upl files stuff about accuracy, aggressiveness, ect..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you look in system.ini (I think?) there's obvious code for DM and multiple game modes. I'd copy paste some of them on here but I'm lazy :p
But I will say I saw DM, some kind of CTF mode, and a few others.

Oh, and does anyone know if characters are going to get stats?
I saw under the character description and codes in their .upl files stuff about accuracy, aggressiveness, ect..

Katana has to be linked to these characters somehow and I can only hope that DM is done in teams. I was hoping for a simple 3v3 Vs mode tbh. Team with the most kills at the end wins. If you all die, draw, if one team all dies, the other gets more kills. I thought it would be a good idea, but CTF definitely sounds interesting.

Upvote 0
DM and CTF are leftover from TW's base Unreal engine. Find ROGame too? Yeah...

There's a LOT left over from the Unreal Engine. Did you know that you guys are missing a loading screen? Unreal tournament had a thing in an .ini file that read 1,2,2,4 for the load screen numbers. It would change the second '2' to a '3' after you beat the last boss (Xan), and reveal a "Xan" loading screen.

You guys apparently never changed that, so your 'Gorefast' loading screen is currently locked just like the Xan one was! Betcha didn't know that one! Ah, the joys of poking around in .ini files...

Upvote 0
There's a LOT left over from the Unreal Engine. Did you know that you guys are missing a loading screen? Unreal tournament had a thing in an .ini file that read 1,2,2,4 for the load screen numbers. It would change the second '2' to a '3' after you beat the last boss (Xan), and reveal a "Xan" loading screen.

You guys apparently never changed that, so your 'Gorefast' loading screen is currently locked just like the Xan one was! Betcha didn't know that one! Ah, the joys of poking around in .ini files...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912854

Upvote 0
If story mode is coming, the new characters will probably be unlocked via story mode. IDK if the weapons are going to be story mode specific, although it would be kind of cool if they were.

I really dig the DJ Scully skin. The industrial goggles and skull bandana look a lot cooler than the same old military/policeman bodies with slightly different head models. Keep up the good work TWI.

Upvote 0