• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A little Help against Flesh Pounds

Im calling you a noob for raging the FP and let it live. If you rage him on me I'll just decapite him and return the favour later. (YES on hard, can even escape unharmed with a little luck)

Bet you have never seen such annoying players online? Someone is whining all the time to team that "you can decap FP with 1 shot, so why to use the noob tactic and keep dying?"
And if someone still uses other tactic than decapping the same guy 'yells' to the mic again the same thing, it kills the ****ing game... "let me kill that fp for u" How can we/I enjoy some co-op horror when there are no FPs cuz hes decapping all of em by himself and calling others noobs and fags and stuff when they are playing the regular way (shoot, rage, run, shoot, rage, run). Usually I just change servers if I see such ppl but I'm getting sick that so many servers has these ppl these days and/or griefers so i have to jump servers all the time.

Oh, did I say I rage FPs just for fun?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bet you have never seen such annoying players online? Someone is whining all the time to team that "you can decap FP with 1 shot, so why to use the noob tactic and keep dying?"
And if someone still uses other tactic than decapping the same guy 'yells' to the mic again the same thing, it kills the ****ing game... "let me kill that fp for u" How can we/I enjoy some co-op horror when there are no FPs cuz hes decapping all of em by himself and calling others noobs and fags and stuff when they are playing the regular way (shoot, rage, run, shoot, rage, run). Usually I just change servers if I see such ppl but I'm getting sick that so many servers has these ppl these days and/or griefers so i have to jump servers all the time.

Oh, did I say I rage FPs just for fun?

Simmer down there...I'm sure they'll do something about it. It's ridiculously easy to decap right now and they probably don't plan to leave that unattended indefinitely. Same with the Skrakes buggy stun. We've only seen game-fix patches so far. There should be a game-balance patch soon to fix up some of this.

Upvote 0
Simmer down there...I'm sure they'll do something about it. It's ridiculously easy to decap right now and they probably don't plan to leave that unattended indefinitely. Same with the Skrakes buggy stun. We've only seen game-fix patches so far. There should be a game-balance patch soon to fix up some of this.

Yeah I know, patience. This game only has been out for a month or something, and there are already 3 patches. We all know TWI will fix this sooner or later.
The reply i made was for the other guy, not to 'whine' about these glitches not been fixed yet, I know TW will fix this game and will make so many fixes and patches in the future.
Patience!

Upvote 0
Im calling you a noob for raging the FP and let it live. If you rage him on me I'll just decapite him and return the favour later. (YES on hard, can even escape unharmed with a little luck)

There's a diffrence raging FP when somene is trying to decap it with the nuke-fleshpound hotspot and when everyone's screaming a bloody murder for "lolololo X is noob u don't know how to decap let me do it loloollo nooooobs" and enraging FP when someone is doing that. If I see someone nearby FP with melee weapon, I presume he knows what he is doing even though it is obvious the guy will use the nuke-fleshpound hotspot with 98% odds; in that case I won't do anything, even when it gets enraged. It's his 'frag' or prey.

Upvote 0
Exactly. I remember a particular game where people kept telling me not to shoot the FP. At one point, an FP appeared and targeted me. Everyone decided to fire their shotguns at it, and I ended up at 30 health and no armour.

This seems to happen too many times. They just don't give a **** bout others. This game needs more people who understand what is "teamwork".

Upvote 0
Level 3 and above support class, double barrel secondary shot a couple times and that turns our dreaded buddy the flesh pound into a bunch of hamburgers.

On Normal, maybe. Try that on Hard or Suicidal. Folks, you've gotta learn to NOT try and rambo the stupid things! Beginner/Normal gets you into bad habits...

And the insta-kill decap bull**** just rewards that lame rambo crap even more. If I go Berserker and completely avoid the team, NOTHING save for masses of Crawlers or Sirens, can touch me, not even FPs! It's sad that due to the Fleshpounds insta-decap stuff, you're safer AWAY from your team. It takes away from the teamwork!

Upvote 0
It takes away from the teamwork!

And it seems to promote retardation pretty much. I've counted so far that atleast 12 persons have claimed that I am a noob since I "don't know how to use it lol" when I am deliberately not using it. I guess killing one with melee weapon without using the nuke-fleshpound spot is just unheard to many.

Upvote 0
And it seems to promote retardation pretty much. I've counted so far that atleast 12 persons have claimed that I am a noob since I "don't know how to use it lol" when I am deliberately not using it. I guess killing one with melee weapon without using the nuke-fleshpound spot is just unheard to many.

I couldn't even count how many people have said that to me. I see literally everyday ppl calling me noob or whining the heck out if I or someone else isn't doing the lame 1-hit-k0 trick. Just like my last game session like 5 min before I posted this, a guy yelled with caps lock how to do the 1hit-ko trick and called ppl noobs(for a change...) cuz they are not using it.
And I have even heard from some of these ppl (who does this 1hit-ko trick to survive..) that FP's are IMPOSSIBLE to kill in hard or suicidal, I mean seriously, some ppl really *needs* this trick to survive from FP's. That tells something, doesn't it? I always play on hard or suicidal, and I have no hard time killing Fleshpounds without this lame sh1t...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quite right. From annoyance from having an inompetent teammate enrage FP on players to FP randomly enraging at players. Now it is like having a griefer in the game who enrages FPs on others on purpose... :rolleyes:

It's worse. At least the griefer's FP rage would wear off...the 'Random' rage doesn't wear off until it hits someone!

The sad part is that there really aren't a ton of tactics to deal with the new Fleshpound threat, save for the classic "Nuke it with the whole team on sight" one that isn't always feasable...

Upvote 0