• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Guilty Gear

Skunkee

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Any of you play Guilty Gear? It's a 2d Fighter from Arc System Works and there is a PC version that people have made netplay patches for.

Personally, I prefer Accent Core (the current release for the PS2), but I also play #Reload on the PC. Anyone else play?

I'm not sure if posting a link to download the game is allowed on these forums, but I can tell you that the server I play on is called WINGDREAMS and if you do a google search involving some arrangement of "Guilty Gear" and that particular server, something might come up :D

However, here are some youtube videos of Guilty Gear gameplay (most of these are tournament vids, so the level of play is pretty high in them).

YouTube - GGXX Slash - FAB(Potemkin) vs. Kaqn(Order Sol) Ggigs

YouTube - GGXX: AC - Shonen (TE) vs. FAB (PO)

These videos are from different versions of the game, but you should get a general idea of what the gameplay is like by watching them. It's just a crazy Japanese 2d Fighter with all kinds of crazy mechanics and an emphasis on comboing (which is actually pretty difficult to do when you get into higher level play).

Upvote 0
Arc System Works have other good 2D beat-up titles, Fist of the North Star and the very recent BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. I wish they both came out for the PC :( I don't know about you but Street Fighter IV is coming out for PC this week, I can't wait :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Arc System Works have other good 2D beat-up titles, Fist of the North Star and the very recent BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. I wish they both came out for the PC :( I don't know about you but Street Fighter IV is coming out for PC this week, I can't wait :)

IDK why but BlazBlue doesn't look that appealing to me. Most of the characters just seem like guilty gear counterparts.

For example:
Ragna the Blood Edge = Sol Badguy
Jin = Ky
Arakune = Eddie
Iron Tagar = Potemkin

It does have a killer soundtrack, but the gameplay looks a bit like guilty gear sans the speed. I'd play it, but IDK if I'd pre order/be all about it.

Upvote 0
IDK why but BlazBlue doesn't look that appealing to me. Most of the characters just seem like guilty gear counterparts.

For example:
Ragna the Blood Edge = Sol Badguy
Jin = Ky
Arakune = Eddie
Iron Tagar = Potemkin

It does have a killer soundtrack, but the gameplay looks a bit like guilty gear sans the speed. I'd play it, but IDK if I'd pre order/be all about it.

Seriously, i have 2 friends who had the same thought as you, but they played BlazBlue yesterday and they said it was amazing.

They seems like GG counterparts, but play completely diferent.

Upvote 0
I love Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. Next to Dead or Alive 4, probably my favorite fighting game.

My favorite characters to play are Axl, Chipp and May. Sometimes Slayer, but my friends think he's too unfair because of the teleporting.

I haven't tried BlazBlue yet, but my friend said he's buying it today, so I guess I'll finally give it a spin and see if it's on par or better than GGX2#R.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, i have 2 friends who had the same thought as you, but they played BlazBlue yesterday and they said it was amazing.

They seems like GG counterparts, but play completely diferent.

I'll definitely have to give it a try before I pass judgment. However, IDK when that will be since I don't own a PS3 or an XBox 360.

I love Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. Next to Dead or Alive 4, probably my favorite fighting game.

My favorite characters to play are Axl, Chipp and May. Sometimes Slayer, but my friends think he's too unfair because of the teleporting.

I haven't tried BlazBlue yet, but my friend said he's buying it today, so I guess I'll finally give it a spin and see if it's on par or better than GGX2#R.

Look for Skunkee in the Wingdreams lobby and give me a challenge. I play Potemkin, Sol, Ky, and occasionally Robo Ky (I suck real bad with him though). Slayer isn't broken because of his teleporting, he's broken because he stuns the crap out of you with literally every move he does. I've seen people take away 65%+ of my life with a 6 or 7 hit combo online. He's got power, he's got speed, he just doesn't have the range.

[QUOTE=D.a.L-mistk

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share a quick match I had against a Sol player. It's the first thing I've uploaded to youtube so the quality is fairly low (compressed a 765 MB .avi into a 12.7 MB MPEG).

YouTube - Skunkee vs. Dunloseurcool

If it looks like you'd be interested in trying, remember to look up "ggxx Wingdreams" in google to get on the right path to figuring out how to play online!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
think its the most addicting f-game ever, lots of possibilities and each character is so different regarding play style

That's what I love about it. Some people out there think it's only about gatling combos and whatnot, but when you look at just how many variables there are for each character, it's ridiculous.

Weight values
Stun resistance levels
Defense modifiers
Guard Gauge
X amount of ways to get tension
Blocking (Instant Guard, Perfect Guard, Slashback, etc)
Instant Air Dash vs double jumping
Dust attacks (And Impossible Dust combos)
Romantic Cancels/FRC's

Gah, so much cool **** in this game. Hell, Robo Ky alone has more depth than any Capcom character I can think of. When playing him you have to monitor your heat gauge and battery power because every one of his moves gets a different effect when heat is at a certain level or battery is at a certain level. Level 3 heat Bazooka with light blue battery = delicious.

Upvote 0