• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-BreweryBeta

Updated to Beta 8.

Added a few more textures and cosmetic props in the storage area as it was looking a bit bare.

A few more tweaks here and there for spit and polish.

tribute2.jpg

IMG%5D

tribute.jpg

IMG%5D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tested B8 and found the following glitches:

Exploitable areas

breweryb87.jpg

breweryb86.jpg

BREWERYB83.jpg

breweryB81.jpg

The next are merely aesthetics.

Invisible objects
breweryb82.jpg

breweryB85.jpg

This object is immaterial.
BREWERYB84.jpg

Also you can jump and stay over the frames of all posters that have frames, like the poster of the trader, but the bots can hit you there. Don't have a pic, sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Updated to Beta 9.

---------------------------------
Fixes and Additions in this build

Additional cosmetics.

Physics volumes.

Retexturing.

Multiple blockers for found exploits. Some of the prop's collision extent what you can actually see allowing you to jump on 'invisible' areas close to the prop. I increased the width of some blockers and moved surrounding props that give you a launch platform.

physicsvolumes.jpg

Added a different texture to reception doors as the trader texture can confuse first time users due to how conditioned we've become to it.

doorcandy.jpg

Added spillover props leading into the hallways from different zones. This will help break up some of the hallway repetition and give landmark cues.

floorcandy.jpg

Upvote 0
Added Beta 10

Fixes and Additions in this build

Physics volumes.

Increasing the size of a blocker to compensate for collision overspill still didn't rectify the issue and I finally had to move another object.

With this the 10th Beta, we're looking pretty much there. Another week of playtesting and then we'll think about wrapping up.

Upvote 0
Updated to Beta 11

All fixed as far as I can (until the next ones...) We've got blockers going up to the ceiling that not even a mouse could find a gap in.

If the floating effect on the sofa was caused by the picture frame in the background then that's fixed. If it's from the sofa itself then that's a oversized collision built into it.

The other floating effect in the hallway was a strange one as well. I couldn't find the direct source of the issue but moved all the props in that region to areas where they can't be exploited. Let's hope the only remaining floaters are where they deserve to be...down the toilet (or up as the case may be) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My fellow clanmates at <AKA> have really enjoyed playing this map...

I cant believe the amount of exploits these guys can find... :eek: From a mappers point of view, we are very fortunate to have players willing to test a map to that extent, and to report it back, so that you can improve it. That goes, not just to the guys in the pictures above, but to all players out there that inform us of problems with the maps.

All mappers spend a lot of time creating a map level, and we all want to make it look as good as possible, by adding in detail and varying scenery. We can make it look good, but it is the players that can tell us how good it plays, and where the shortcomings in a map can be found. Keep up the good work guys. We love making maps which we hope you guys will love playing.

Upvote 0