• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun suggestions For Commando and sharpshooter

Flamethrower and LAW are awful, especially the LAW. Did I mention, the LAW is awful? Because the LAW is awful.

Bullpup is meh. Pretty good for small Specimens, but totally lacking power against the large ones. And considering small Specimens can be dealt with by a single 9mm, it makes the whole Commando perk redundant.

Crossbow works but doesn't fit this game's aesthetic one bit.

The LAW is a joke and the Flamethrower becomes the Lamethrower on Hard/Suicidal. Stupidly high recoil, average damage, and the ability to eat through your entire stockpile of ammo in record time. For everyone who says 400 units of flame is a lot of ammo, try being a Firebug on Suicidal. Just try it...

Also, the Bullpup IS meh, even as a Commando, on Hard and up. Face it: It acts like a 9mm with an extended clip and potential autofire on Hard... Yeah, you can kill Crawlers/Stalkers, and pop the heads off of Clots/Gorefasts/Bloats. But when they come at you FAST and en masse (Which they DO on Hard and up!) there's no time for precise headshots. It turns to fast, desperate auto-bursts at close range, hoping to pop a head off and this eats your ammo ridiculously fast. Not to mention that you can't really scratch a Skrake or Fleshpound with it (Not counting the "Miracle fleshpound decap" BS...)

The Flamethrower and Bullpup are crap weapons on higher levels. The damage (And thus ammo consumption) isn't on par with the health of the enemies, so ammo becomes an unavoidable issue...

Upvote 0
The LAW is a joke and the Flamethrower becomes the Lamethrower on Hard/Suicidal. Stupidly high recoil, average damage, and the ability to eat through your entire stockpile of ammo in record time. For everyone who says 400 units of flame is a lot of ammo, try being a Firebug on Suicidal. Just try it...

The Flamethrower and Bullpup are crap weapons on higher levels. The damage (And thus ammo consumption) isn't on par with the health of the enemies, so ammo becomes an unavoidable issue...

The Suicidal isn't suicidal for nothing.

SUICIDAL

It's meant to be the hardest difficulty, you expect killing everything there with a flamethrower like on beginner or normal?

And yes, L.A.W is crap even in beginner (never played beginner but I know it sucks..) and needs to be fixed. The splash radius is ridiculously crap, and so is the dmg anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Suicidal isn't suicidal for nothing.

SUICIDAL

It's meant to be the hardest difficulty, you expect killing everything there with a flamethrower like on beginner or normal?

And yes, L.A.W is crap even in beginner (never played beginner but I know it sucks..) and needs to be fixed. The splash radius is ridiculously crap, and so is the dmg anyway.

The Shotgun is still a damn fine weapon on Suicidal.

Now, try using a Bullpup on even one round in Suicidal. I guarantee you that you will run out of ammo either halfway or maybe a bit later if you have great teammates. And that's a GOOD session.

Having the Commando really work on Suicidal with the Bullpup for round 2~4 is not unreasonable. Having him use it after that is stupid.

Upvote 0
Nanostrike: If the Trader is using whatever weapons come her way, then the weapons that would be most prevalent are the ones that were or are in the hands of the armed forces of Britain now. These include:

-L85A2
-FN FAL
-SMLE
-G36 variants

What's WRONG with wanting to use ANY of the above? How are none of the above fun? ****, I know I want to use the L85A2 - I think the only game where it's come in, officially, is Tom Clancy's Rainbow: Las Vegas or whatever. I hear the L85A2 might appear in CoD: 2. That's it. It looks fun, it fits the aesthetic, so why not?

And the FN FAL and L85A2 are nowhere near cookie cutter or generic. They basically have no representation at all. Entirely different weapons to the typical M-16/M4/AK-47/G36? Oh hells to the yeah!

Upvote 0