• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Silo-Of-Despair

Maybe you should remove the trader at the top of the map until you solve the issue with the red smoke or just put it elsewhere, preferably in an area that the path works. With your main problem gone, you can work this trader without haste and also realease a version with all the other needed modifications.

Upvote 0
hey.

hey.

I actually have a couple ideas I am going to try. If you remember right even some of the official KF maps have an issue with the smoke also. I will work on it some more. Other then the smoke has anyone else found any more issues? Did everyone see the screen shot at the beginning of the game with my website and name? Let me know.

Upvote 0
I actually have a couple ideas I am going to try. If you remember right even some of the official KF maps have an issue with the smoke also. I will work on it some more. Other then the smoke has anyone else found any more issues? Did everyone see the screen shot at the beginning of the game with my website and name? Let me know.

are you using the pathing view when you do your pathing???

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

I think the problem is the Trader is so large. So it goes up through the center of the silo. I made the top trader an outside. So it is 2000x7000x5000. I am going to scale down the trader zone first. To 5000x5000. If it does improve and still is not quiet there I will make the trader small enough and work and zone block the rest of outside off so the guys can not run around as much before the trader closes.

I have not had any problems with paths yet.

Upvote 0
I have not had any problems with paths yet.

the path nodes that the zombies follow are the same path nodes that the players follow when they are heading to the trader. so you might want to use the pathing view when you do your pathing, and you should also make the trader volume smaller like you were saying. 5000x5000 sounds like a HUGE trader room :-| haha i can actually imagine it, you walk into this MONUMENTALLY EPIC room and you see this lone person standing way way way far back in the room and shes like, "i got weapons boys!" echo echo echo echo echo.

Upvote 0
dude you stupid..... big trader rooms make it waay better for 34 player maps and so people dont get stuck or block the trader rooms. Even though the biggest trader room i have made was about 500 x about...350

i played one of those 34 player maps, everyone was just standing around chatting while a few guys were knifing one clot to death. i think the map was called KF-Starbucks :p

Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

dude you stupid..... big trader rooms make it waay better for 34 player maps and so people dont get stuck or block the trader rooms. Even though the biggest trader room i have made was about 500 x about...350

I am stupid. Whats up with the insult. I made an outside looking one to experiment with outside. Teleporters work fine I have taken your feedback as a plus for but when you start doing that no matter how you are at making maps it could detour people from continuing on. You should be more positive if you want people to learn. Have you even played it to see what I have done? I have treated this map like a learning experience to figure out whatever I could. I thought a hatch to outside would be cool. This would give me a chance to try other things. So no offense but your stupid for just spitting stuff out. I will take critism and feedback but no reason to start insulting people for trying to learn something new. I enjoy it and plan on keeping up the learning experience. This way I can help people out with things I learn. This makes more maps for more people that like all types from Doom to Aqua.

Upvote 0
sry, i wasnt calling you stupid. THEDDLE
i was calling dextronaut stupid becuase he is

yaaa my 200 post :)

Theddle, you have potential talent in map making, just remember to take your time and you will come out with a spectacular map.

i am disregrading that last comment because of the misunderstanding :)

so wait, earlier we cleared things up and made good, and now here you are calling me stupid michael? you arent very smart are you?

Upvote 0
Hello

Hello

I am out of this one. :( Anyways I found out how to fix the smoke to the top. :D Lots of playing and rebuilding and playing and rebuilding and ect. ect. ect. As some may already know but others like me do not. The transporters determine the smoke also. I lined up the transporters going up the stairs to the trader and I had a good smoke trail. I am experminting with putting one on middle level of the stairs and at the bottom to see if the smoke trail improves for the downstairs. My goal is to have it show in the middle like normal and follow down the stairs. Its building right now so I will let you know.:cool:

Upvote 0
so wait, earlier we cleared things up and made good, and now here you are calling me stupid michael? you arent very smart are you?
dude this guy needs to stop spamming, ive already reported him to admins, and learn to capitalize names.

I'm so stupid, that why i got my major in college..... sry but if you want an argument, im not going to fight with a kid

YOU NEED TO KEEP ON TOPIC FOR EACH THREAD

Theddle you must be happy cause your thread keeps getting bumped :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Theddle: the concept behind the map isn't bad, and it's good that you're taking the time to learn and are willing to listen to others' suggestions (although you should be warned, not all suggestions are good ones). My suggestion to you would be this: if/when you finish the BSP and geometry and all that good stuff, spend most of your time detailing the level. Once you're certain the game mechanics are as you'd like them, start throwing in lots of stuff for eye candy. Don't clutter the level, but at the same time don't leave so much detail out that players think the place consists of nothing but four walls, a ceiling and a floor.

Dragonfel: Idk what's going on in this thread, but I'd just like to point a few things out. Whatever history you and dextronaut have, you started it in this thread, because i remember reading something like "at least you can take criticism unlike some people." I'm guessing that referred to him, although I could be wrong. That came out of the blue and was clearly aimed at someone in particular.

Adding insult to injury, dextronaut then said something about a huge trader room, and you called him stupid. That was clearly you starting the fight, and you can't deny it. After being the first one to insult another person in this thread, you then proceed to call him out for not staying on topic, when you were the one that first strayed off the path.

The final caveat, which I find most laughable, is that you tell him to capitalize names and brag about having a major in college, when your grammar is lacking as well, and anyone and their mom can get a degree at a college as long as they either have a pulse, have the money, or both. That goes for all colleges including ivy leagues. Your major means nothing, and even saying that you have one doesn't prove you're smart or have any place on these forums.

So yes, I agree with you, the spam should stop. Lead by example, Dragonfel, and maybe dextronaut or anyone else won't have a reason to report you to the admins as well, because as I already mentioned, you're clearly the agressor in this thread.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Theddle: the concept behind the map isn't bad, and it's good that you're taking the time to learn and are willing to listen to others' suggestions (although you should be warned, not all suggestions are good ones). My suggestion to you would be this: if/when you finish the BSP and geometry and all that good stuff, spend most of your time detailing the level. Once you're certain the game mechanics are as you'd like them, start throwing in lots of stuff for eye candy. Don't clutter the level, but at the same time don't leave so much detail out that players think the place consists of nothing but four walls, a ceiling and a floor.

Thanks for the feedback. I like eye candy also and cool little features. I do not have any pics of the side rooms however I will in the final forum have a few. The main silo I felt needed some but not to much. I took several screenshots and will go through them and post on final version.

Now down to business. I believe the map is finished. I went through and fixed issues others found and some more I found. I got the smoke to work in the stairwells. So I am going to say this map is a finished product.

I stayed up way to late to fine tune it. I have to hit the sack for the real job. LOL.

The updated version is also above for downloading. I will try to get the final forum posted later today.

Enjoy the map. Time to start the next one. I am going to do an outside map. So I need to research how to make fire, water, and learn landscaping. I found one tutorial so that should help with the landscape. Such as river beds, hills and so on.

Later and thanks for playing my map.

Upvote 0