• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Library Final

FUBAR!

May 27, 2009
KF-Library

Playable:Yes

Pictures:

By vmfubar at 2009-07-01
Description: My very first map for UEd2 is based off of the old Goldeneye 64 map, Library, which was a combination of a basment, a main floor, and a minor second floor. Of course, I heavily modified the design, and to some it may not even seem like the level at all. However, that is besides the point.
I recommend 4 or more to play, else it may feel a little empty. Like all other KF maps, it is HIGHLY recommended to stick together or at least in small teams, as the specimens have a spawn point in pretty much every room. I hope everyone enjoys this map and look forward to finishing my next one soon.

[URL]http://www.kaasthebard.com/index.php?p=1_10_Killing-Floor[/URL]

Last edited:
Thank you for a wonderful map.

There is one problem.

When downloading from the server and playing ...
Error message
Downloading package 'tlabcomp' failed: Package 'tlabcomp' version mismatch

local copy play is no problem.

I am sad. :(
DLing from my site, or an in game server? If it is an in game server it could be that the map is a version mismatch, as the tlabcomp is used in beta 3. Can you please tell me which server this is so I can troubleshoot this? I can also host a game using the final this coming weekend to see if it is a problem with the download or server as well.

Upvote 0
i need screen shots if imma dl this

I'm working on it ;-) . I am getting some new ones that are not from the loading screen and inclue the specimens. They will be uploaded today, roughly with in a few hours of my posting of this message (8:13). If you are looking for something more in the 'now' sense, you can check out the beta pics which are similar, but not the same, as the current level.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the comment.
The procedure is written.

1.I upload the file by compressing it.
ucc compress KF-LibraryFinal.rom
ucc compress stacksdoors.usx
ucc compress tlabcomp.utx

2.test upload
www6.ocn.ne.jp/~chief/KF-LibraryFinal.rom.uz2
www6.ocn.ne.jp/~chief/stacksdoors.usx.uz2
www6.ocn.ne.jp/~chief/tlabcomp.utx.uz2

3.DS Server KillingFloor.ini setting
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~chief/

I am executing an public server.
I want to play a game by download.
Please advise.

Upvote 0
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can push the .usx and .utx files across a redirect

I believe that these files must be packed inside the .rom to work correctly for those that don't already have the map installed locally.

"KF-LOTD-Downtown" can be downloaded.
but, I do not know the setting.
I'm sorry.

Thank you for the answer.

Upvote 0
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can push the .usx and .utx files across a redirect

I believe that these files must be packed inside the .rom to work correctly for those that don't already have the map installed locally.

Well U R wrong, just put those files the same directory U keep rom files and server will link clients to proper files which are needed at the moment (if U R using uz2 compression, compress them too) only ogg (music) files are not redirectable by UT engine, sometimes if a map uses system file (.u) it is mandatory for SA to add ServerPackages in the ini file, but as I see in KF it is very rarely so no sweat at the moment :)

Upvote 0
Well U R wrong, just put those files the same directory U keep rom files and server will link clients to proper files which are needed at the moment (if U R using uz2 compression, compress them too) only ogg (music) files are not redirectable by UT engine, sometimes if a map uses system file (.u) it is mandatory for SA to add ServerPackages in the ini file, but as I see in KF it is very rarely so no sweat at the moment :)
BartBear is right I have several maps in the server with SMs and textures that works with redirect and I'm having the same problem with this map. It's a pitty cause the map is great and I would like to have it in my server.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info :)

Upvote 0